Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

Did you read Cheb's analysis of what they liked about the Northern plot? Their "we liked it and we wanted to include it" ended up being including only the rape. I have the feeling they only will take the sexual part of SanSan for the show... That won't be pretty.

They said they wanted to bring him on gently, and then they said they hope we can't help but love the Hound. I think they are setting something up, where he's the one who is good to her.

Seriously, I have no expectations that they will do anything well on the show. I just like Rory as the Hound and would like more scenes to illustrate the book story a bit.

Also, I think they look nice together, too. Something about them just works. Here's a picture standing next to each other:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/f818a8a590f1d6fa0625ecbb3b6a0802/tumblr_nfmlo4UmSH1rsvkuqo3_1280.jpg

I am just hoping that if they do SanSan, they have Sansa going to the Quiet Isle to heal from Ramsey where she meets up with Sandor. They can fall in love since she feels safe with him (you won't hurt me-no, Little Bird, I won't hurt you) Then she can get stronger there to go claim Winterfell after Littlefinger and the Vale soldiers defeat the Boltons. Then she can take down Littlefinger!

Oh my mind wants that to happen so bad but Martin and D & D definitely won't let that happen.

Did you read Cheb's analysis of what they liked about the Northern plot? Their "we liked it and we wanted to include it" ended up being including only the rape. I have the feeling they only will take the sexual part of SanSan for the show... That won't be pretty.

Long time no see, on my part.

A Girl has, again, been Jaime Lannistered, just about, with my right hand in a cast after surgery, and therefore, I'm feeling as fit for posting as Jaime would have been pre Qyburn treatment.

I can read and hit links, as well as type slowly, LOL, so I was hoping that you could link me to Cheb's thingy on D&D's love for the Northern plot.  Thanks for any help, anyone.  Bueller????????????????

Oh, and on Sandor..........A Girl says WOOF WOOF and hopes to see him and Rory again, even IF D&D fuck it up, which they will, LOL

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

A Girl has, again, been Jaime Lannistered, just about, with my right hand in a cast after surgery, and therefore, I'm feeling as fit for posting as Jaime would have been pre Qyburn treatment.

I can read and hit links, as well as type slowly, LOL, so I was hoping that you could link me to Cheb's thingy on D&D's love for the Northern plot.  Thanks for any help, anyone.  Bueller????????????????

Normally I'd just laugh at your disability rather than help, but seeing as you are a "bad pussy procurer": http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/125213217952/got-season-5-sexism-part-5

Its very good, so is the link to "Myranda is Jeyne" in theculturalvacuum.

I would only want Cleganebowl to happen if it was in the context of Bran's dream, simply because I think Cersei will win her trial by combat and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they have UnGregor fight Lancel and kill them then Cersei sends UnGregor to go after Sansa.

Sandor is such an amazing character with an interesting arc, I don't want them to bring him back only to be taken away again. I think there are bigger plans for him, like what Le Cygne was saying.

Normally I'd just laugh at your disability rather than help, but seeing as you are a "bad pussy procurer": http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/125213217952/got-season-5-sexism-part-5

Its very good, so is the link to "Myranda is Jeyne" in theculturalvacuum.

Hahaha, I almost forgot my Job Titles up there, LOL  Thanks for the link!!   :cheers:

Really curious what George does with Sandor. Of all the page-ambiguous deaths the Hound seems the most curious which may mean that he reapears in Winds of Winter.
Notice that Rory has done some things in recent times , am interested in seeing the series Banished, but does not seem scheduled for anything.
Will be one of those strong radio silence characters if in season 6.
One recalls that Tom Wlaschiha stayed totally hidden for season 5 until just before it premiered.

Really curious what George does with Sandor. Of all the page-ambiguous deaths the Hound seems the most curious which may mean that he reapears in Winds of Winter.
Notice that Rory has done some things in recent times , am interested in seeing the series Banished, but does not seem scheduled for anything.
Will be one of those strong radio silence characters if in season 6.
One recalls that Tom Wlaschiha stayed totally hidden for season 5 until just before it premiered.

Tom could stay hidden because 95% of his scenes were done indoors.

Long time no see, on my part.

Oh, and on Sandor..........A Girl says WOOF WOOF and hopes to see him and Rory again, even IF D&D fuck it up, which they will, LOL

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, your poor hand...

Woof woof!!! Someone spotted him at an airport with Jerome Flynn, around the time they were all headed to Belfast:

https://twitter.com/smcintosh1982/status/621214655457927168

I would only want Cleganebowl to happen if it was in the context of Bran's dream, simply because I think Cersei will win her trial by combat and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they have UnGregor fight Lancel and kill them then Cersei sends UnGregor to go after Sansa.

Sandor is such an amazing character with an interesting arc, I don't want them to bring him back only to be taken away again. I think there are bigger plans for him, like what Le Cygne was saying.

Bigger plans! Get her a dog, she'll be happier for it, they need to follow up. I think they are trying to tell us something here, too. :)

http://thefeatherofhope.tumblr.com/post/80086349970

I like Sandor in his ambiguity but I believe he is a horrible human being who has committed awful crimes.
The murder of Mycah - child killing - is the one example Martin gives us to describe that Sandor has - or had - no compunctions at all to commit the cruellest crimes, I am sure he left nothing out. Martin leaves everything else to our imagination but I don't think there has been anything Sandor did not do. Having been in the service of Lannisters and being ordered to certainly is no mitigation just like it was no mitigation for babykilling Slynt.

But, as I said, being conflicted about his own past, being disgusted about himself makes writing about Sandor an exercise in declination of morality. Both Stark sisters influenced him to question himself, he has every potential to be a rapist and he did not do the deed. He has every potential to sell out a child and yet he protected Arya.
We are in show territory where his relationship to Arya is what influences him most while Sansa is a sidenote. There may be those wonderful comic relief moments, except that there is never much relief in them. Both Arya and Sandor are simply tragic characters in that KFC inn despite the fun we all had those chickens were hard to swallow.

I do not know if Sandor will come back or if finding peace on the QI means that at least one character gets a remotely happy ending. But it would be Martinesque to show that even the worst villain, even the cruellest human being is not doomed within these books. No, the villains can turn into characters to pity and to root for and all our beloved grey ones have all options open.

I believe if the show had wanted to fulfill any fandom dreams of SanSan they would have casted a different actor. There is simply not this kind of chemistry between Turner and McCann, he is surrogate father with tender memories but not lover. Actually the not-rape scene in the books transformed Sansa from a thing to fuck into a person to protect for Sandor. The show left that dark knife at throat scene out just like they took some darkness out of several characters. Like it or not. The child killer goes teddy bear after he has realized what monster he has been. I find that more satisfying and actually more redeeming than that ominous erotic reformation of a violent man by "the right woman". Fairy tale material. It's what those women hope for who stay with their violent partner for one moment too long.

If Sandor comes back I am sure that he is doomed. I see a heroic sacrifice for Arya or Sansa or going out in a blaze of glory doing the right thing, overcoming his fear of fire. Though he may have some revelations about the Lannister past and himself in store, maybe about Tysha.

In short: I would not mind if Sandor stays a cameo at the QI. If the show tries to warm up Sandor in his comedy aspects they might easily overdo it, telling the same joke twice. If he yet has a tragic role to play - I don't know

hmm, I like your post.

but would they bring back the actor only for a small cameo?  I cannot see this Cleganebowl some people talk about evolving around Sansa since she is in the North and transporting her to KL would take many episodes while there are only two series to come and more important things will happen. I think Sansa or Sandor will only get screentime if they  really contribute to the overall story. Not another Greyworm-Missandei story please, we have that already.

Sandor as Sansa's Grey Worm?

:rofl:
If the story makes Sandor sacrifice himself for something or someone as redemption I would actually prefer it to be a true selfless act, maybe involving his fear of fire overcome. Not an act he does simply because he fancies the girl.

I doubt Sandor will be back for just a small cameo.  Sandor is a popular show character and I expect the show runners will give him plenty of screen time, maybe like:

1.  Quiet Isle 

2. Cleganebowl

3. ...................

4. SanSan!

:)

Archived