Golf: The Majors and the minors too

Fragile Bird

Ha! I was just searching for this thread!

I just saw Tony Finau celebrating a hole in one yesterday, falling, dislocating his ankle, and POPPING his ankle back into place!!!!!! Man, that looked stomach churning! I wonder if he has a trick ankle, because it looked like he had done it before. But he’s going to tee off today, I wonder how much that will hurt.

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

The Masters is weird. Tiger Woods potentially back to at least being competitive in a major is probably the biggest story in golf for years and you can't watch it live.

They're censoring the "dilly dilly"s :) 

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ha! I was just searching for this thread!

I just saw Tony Finau celebrating a hole in one yesterday, falling, dislocating his ankle, and POPPING his ankle back into place!!!!!! Man, that looked stomach churning! I wonder if he has a trick ankle, because it looked like he had done it before. But he’s going to tee off today, I wonder how much that will hurt.

He was clearly limping afterwards. That had to have hurt like hell. 

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

The Masters is weird. Tiger Woods potentially back to at least being competitive in a major is probably the biggest story in golf for years and you can't watch it live.

If Tiger wins, it would arguably be the biggest story in the history of the sport. Unfortunately, El Tigre is laying an egg.

21 hours ago, Hereward said:

Oh dear, Sergio!

I cheered for Sergio last year, and I'm cheering for him this year!

If he fails to make the cut, he will be only the 2nd Master's winner not to make the cut the following year. Please, lord, wipe out the memory of Mike Weir's ugly record!

Our Mikey, btw, got jumped by a crazy fan at the Canadian Open the year of the Masters, and has never been the same since. I think he has a secret injury he has never admitted to (one of his arms had been so bad he couldn't lift it to shoulder level) which was compounded by a psychological injury. And golf is such a head game. Look at Tiger Woods and his problems after his marriage breakdown.

Forgive me if I already said this in this thread! :P  The downfall of our Mikey really made Canadians sad.

Incredibly, Sergio still has a chance to make the cut if he can rebound and shoot a strong round today. 

I can't watch cause I'm a work, but Spieth +4 through 9??  Looks like the course is playing a bit tougher than yesterday. Big rain chance tomorrow, looking like delays at the least. 

Crazy day today! I'm really pulling for Rory to get the grand slam. It's also undeniably thrilling to watch Tiger playing well, so some of these poor plays are really frustrating. Hopefully we'll get a good weekend out of it! Certainly been interesting so far. Also I got very little done today, oops.

18 minutes ago, Starkess said:

Crazy day today! I'm really pulling for Rory to get the grand slam.

Ha, my 74-year old dad is the biggest Rory fan. He talks about Rory like he's the wildly talented and successful son he never had.  :lol:  

There are a lot of great younger players to root for nowadays, maybe more than ever. All of them seem like good dudes too.

Looks like im getying onboard the Leishman train and hoping tiger has a big weekend to make top 10. Tiger snd bubba both hit awesome shots into 11 today then leishman hit one if the shots of the tournament on 15

Tiger is having an even day, unfortunately for him. Last night he said he's have to have a -5 or -6 day, which is what the guys who are in the top ten have been having. At least he made the cut.

On one hand I've been cheering Reed, but I would like to see Rory get the slam.

And holy smokes, I just typed those words and Rory on the 8th got an amazing eagle, hitting it from well off the side. When he hit his shot there the announcers said, well, that won't be easy (to even get a birdie). If you are getting shots like that, luck like that, you may very well be wearing the green jacket!

I like Reed but not enough that I will be wanting him to win over some of tge other guys up there. Rory for one but if he and Reed have an off day then I would love for Stenson or Leishman to get up but they would have to shoot a 63-65 and hope Reed shoots over and Rory doesnt get going tomorrow.

Archived