Golf: The Majors and the minors too

Fragile Bird

Jordan Spieth is having the kind of day Rory should be having.

Hell, Tony Finau is having the kind of day Rory should have, with 6 birdies in a row.

Rory has totally lost his putting game. And yesterday everyone said Rory has high-pressure Majors experience and therefore the advantage over Reed, the winner of only 5 tournaments.

That was pretty crazy there for a while, was definitely not expecting Spieth to be the one making the strong challenge! And poor Rickie, always the bridesmaid...

Disappointed in Rory, he just played a very mediocre round when there were clearly lots of strokes out there to be had. I really think if he had sunk that short eagle putt early on it might have been a different day. I think Augusta rattles him, I mean, everyone always thinks of when he blew his great lead back in 2011 (I think? time is hard).

Patrick Reed just played insanely well though, so props to him. Next year, Rory!

I was always a bit off on both Speith and Reed and thought it was more Reed but after Sunday I realised I dislike Speith more. Dont know why but I just cant stand him and I was relieved when he bogeyed 18. Was really hoping Fowler could find a way to at least make it a playoff.

Was disappointed Leishman went backwards on the weekend and Rory on Sunday and Tiger didnt even get started. 

Reed isnt the most popular guy to win the Masters thats for sure and when he sunk the winning putt it was a pretty subdued atmosphere around the 18th green. Im just glad Speith didnt get up despite what I can see was one of the great final rounds of the masters.

I really think the Masters will be the greatest game of Reed's life. If he goes on to win the Open or the PGA, well, I'll stand corrected. Or, heavens, does the Grand Slam!

That doesn't take away from his win, but I didn't follow him before and I'm not currently interested in following him now.

Trump, however, has adopted him as his own, since one of his 5 previous wins was at Doral, a course he owns. Bleah!

• 2 months later...

I really can't stand Joe Buck.  (There should be a macro for that...)

"Everyone is talking about, and will continue to talk about.." Phil hitting a moving ball.  Actually asshole, you're the one that keeps talking about it for about the last half hour solid.  They assessed the strokes.  Move on for Christ's sake.

It really wasn’t a big deal. Manufactured drama to get some buzz going online. Phil was having a bad day and got frustrated. It happens to the best of them. The end.

Joe Buck is the worst. Somehow he manages to be even shittier with golf than he is with NFL.

Archived