Targaryen family tree

esim345

The wiki's page for House Targaryen:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Targaryen

has a family tree for the Targaryens and Baratheons, but it's hard to follow.  That's partly because it's cluttered with a bunch of unimportant people.  And it has a few people listed as unknown, even though they are known.  Maybe it's missing those people because it's a few years old, and we didn't know who they were at the time.

I've created a new version, which you can see here:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vxk8qs.jpg

The line from the first to last Targaryen king is a straight line down the center.  And siblings are all listed on the same row, in birth order from left to right.*  I think that's a big improvement in structure.

What do you think of using my version for the wiki?  Either in addition to the current one, or instead of it?  Although my version isn't as polished as the other one.  Can someone polish it and add pictures?

Here are some notes on my new version, FYI:

It doesn't include people who married into the family during the books, or kids who were born during the books.  And there are other spoilers involving the parentage of the kids.  So I removed their entire generation, to avoid spoilers.

It includes all 18 kings of Westeros (other than the kids), plus all their fathers, plus all other noteworthy Targaryens and Baratheons.  But I simplified it by getting rid of most of the children who never became king, and most of the wives.  This is a 14 generation tree for a family that practices intergenerational inbreeding, so including the wives makes it really messy.

In total, my version only has 37 people (including 4 who aren't in the other version), compared to 77 people in the other version (11 of whom are listed as unknown).

Aegon I was king #1, Aenys I was king #2, etc.  I listed the number of each king along with their name.

* I put Aegon I to the left of Orys Baratheon, although I'm not sure which of them was born first.

Archived