So what will happen to Ser Alliser Thorne and his goons?

D2procon

Wildlings will not sign up with the NW without Jon. He's the only reason they even agreed to go through the gate. I can't see them attacking the NW though. They'll probably head South. The WW will collapse the wall and kill them all. That's my prediction. A few will probably escape and be able to comprehend the scale of their mistake. Olly probably. He's gotten too much screen time too quickly for a quick death. He'll have to suffer some. Might be he'll become the next LC.

I have a feeling they are going to be wiped out in episode 1, Mel revives Jon and takes him away possibly with Edd while the wildlings and remaining Nights watch fight it out to the death.  I imagine Davos is around too or leaves then bumps into Sansa who sends him to find Rickon and Bran (the latter obviously he won't find).  Perhaps Jon later returns to the wall to find the nights watch all dead.

BOOK:  I think that The Free Folk will go off the chain.  They actually witness Jon's death.  Wun Wun has already killed someone & Tormund is still at the wall.    I think that there will be all out war at the wall.   Jon saved their lives & he gets killed for it ( or so they think,) Jon has done a lot to help MANKIND & some of his Watch brothers aren't too happy with it, going to WF was the last straw.

1 thing is FOSURE, the watch is way over matched.   There are a lot of Giants there not to mention more Men than on the show.   Yeah, there is the Queens Guard & such.  but not that many to make a difference.

SHOW:   I think that the Watch will try to blame it on Tormund or another of that group.  I say Tormund.  He was close to Jon and Both Olly( AKA CHUCKY) & Alister hate him.   He lead the raid on Ollie's village & he injured Alister.  I can see them both trying to blame him & then the Freek Folk & the Watch go to war of them trying to kill tormund or arrest him.      

I really can't see them trying to hide Jon & Saying that he took off or something.   People will know that his is missing or gone, not to mention that he would never leave them after what he told them about hart home( Off camera, he did tell them.  Along with D. Ed & the other watchmen that was there).

Either way,  Book or show the Watch will turn on itself.   Those who are loyal to Jon  & those who hate him.   By killing him/ attacking him will divide the group & turn them against each other.    

This is the 2nd time that The watch has Killed it's commander.    Mormont: for going along with the program, & not putting a stop to Krastner, and Jon for not going along with the program & watching out for  ALL MAN KIND.  

Damned if they Do, & Damned if they don't.

I think no matter what the wall is coming down & the WATCH' Watch will be over.

I will say that the Free Folk that Jon let through will be KEY

SHOW: I can see Sansa/Brienne,/Theon & Pod running into the FF & once they find out that Sansa's is Jon's sister.  I think that they would rally around her  to protect her from Ramsey, also gather the remainder of the loyal Stark bannermen to take on the Boltons & their forces.  At least I hope so.    I think that would be great for Sansa,  let her gather a Army of STARK men to take on the Freys & Boltons.    ( Still no sign of Walter Frey,  he is on The Strain fighting Vampires).

The Free Folk don't want to bend-the-knee but they are not above fighting for a cause and they certainly will fight for their own. Jon saved their lives and he has paid the ultimate price and they will not be at all pleased with the new watch commander (and we all know who wants that job) et al. It will be an epic fight for which I cannot wait! I only hope Edd survives and joins the FF. Now if only we can get Benjen back...

I completely agree and love Panter2000's point above that they may rally around Sansa. They will rally with the North for sure to fight against the Others, they won't run - but they won't do it to sit another on the throne (maybe Jon) or to protect one that is already there.

Some scenario's:

- The Free Folk retaliate and attack the Wall from the South. If the Nights King is watching he may take advantage and attack from the North at the same time; whatever happens Thorne and his bunch are not long for this world. I think Olly survives and has some sort of forgiveness scene because of course he does.

- I don't think they can blame Tormund for Jon's death, he's outside the Wall, isn't he? Let's say he is. Davos, Edd and Melisandre are there and will know the truth. Davos won't stand for it, neither will Edd. There will be other men there against it as well. I can see an uprising lead by Davos perhaps. Meanwhile, Mel, humbled by her failure and finally recognizing the visions the Red God has been showing her asks her Lord to spare Jon's life. R'holler says "Finally! I've been sayin'!!!" and Jon comes back to life. Either Thorne and his men are killed off or they could be spared by the newly resurrected Jon - that might be interesting.

I would love to see their Oh, Shit moment when they find out Jon's importance. This is one of the reasons he can't be dead - there is just too much there to have fun with!

- The resurrection of Jon happens before the Free Folk get word of his death. This is good news for Thorne ... wait, no it isn't, because Ghost has already taken care of him, never mind.

- I've heard that the betrayal of the Watch oath twice might wipe out the magic - sorry if I have that wrong but I've not read the books - and bring the wall down. This allows the Others to come south. That would be epic! But I can't imagine that happening so early, more like season 7.

The Night's watch will just flicker out and I don't think there will be much screen time used to explain it.

Nobody will be really out to punish them if Stannis really gone or ineffective.  The mutinty was just weak in TV series.  They did not like Jon letting in wildling...big deal.   They actually had an argument when Jon wants to march on Winterfell.

Moslty without strategic mandate that Jon was mapping out for fight with others, the remaining Night's watch only focus on self preservation.  They probably block the tunnel.  Criminal element and those that supported Jon will probably desert post.  The handful of remaining conspiracy leaders just hang around castle black until others just walk over them.

It would be fitting in book and tv that the others get them because they did not listen and join with wildlings.  D&D probably write something trite like them asking for help when it is too late and nobody comes

I don't see the scenario being any different in the book or the show.  The Wildlings are not going to attack Castle Black to revenge Jon.  I just don't see it happening.  The Wildlings believed Tormund, not Jon, so if anything, they probably believe they are alive because of Tormund.  Without his influence, they would all be dead on the show.  Not one Wildling would have followed Jon back to the wall otherwise.  Therefore, I doubt they will be motivated to seek vengeance on those that killed Jon. They will probably start to leave the wall though and travel south.  If / when Jon is resurrected, it is really a question if Azor Ahai has any of Jon left in him.  I don't think he will, so I don't see Azor Ahai wanting revenge on the Night's Watch or the Boltons.  I believe he will take the Wildlings and leave The Wall with whoever else follows to rally Westros against the real threat.  This may actually mean he has to play nice with the Boltons since they have the nearest and largest army since Stannis is off the board.  Azor Ahai's end game should be the preservation of Westros, not getting revenge against those that wronged Jon.  

Like a few others, I believe The Wall will fall to the Night's King at the end of the season.  At that point, all the conspirators will get what is coming to them.

Either way,  Book or show the Watch will turn on itself.   Those who are loyal to Jon  & those who hate him.   By killing him/ attacking him will divide the group & turn them against each other.    

This is the 2nd time that The watch has Killed it's commander.    Mormont: for going along with the program, & not putting a stop to Krastner, and Jon for not going along with the program & watching out for  ALL MAN KIND.  

Damned if they Do, & Damned if they don't.

I think no matter what the wall is coming down & the WATCH' Watch will be over.

I will say that the Free Folk that Jon let through will be KEY

SHOW: I can see Sansa/Brienne,/Theon & Pod running into the FF & once they find out that Sansa's is Jon's sister.  I think that they would rally around her  to protect her from Ramsey, also gather the remainder of the loyal Stark bannermen to take on the Boltons & their forces.  At least I hope so.    I think that would be great for Sansa,  let her gather a Army of STARK men to take on the Freys & Boltons.    ( Still no sign of Walter Frey,  he is on The Strain fighting Vampires).

The Night's Watch is dead. I agree that it will divide, and ultimately self-destruct. There's no way everyone agreed with Allister and Olly. They are both weak and only serve what best suits them, not the NW. (I've always hated them.)

The Wall is going to fall and that will be that. I'm really looking forward to that part, actually  :devil:

The Boltons in Winterfell are hilariously ill-prepared for the inevitable war against the WWs, not to mention the hundreds of FF that are about to be knocking on their door. I personally think it would be awesome to have the FF rally around Sansa and Theon. Like you said, she's Jon's sister. If Sansa finds out about Jon's death after she escaped to go to the Wall, she will most likely be devastated and go looking for revenge, if you go back to what Littlefinger said to her when he promised her to Ramsay: "Avenge them." The FF will not "bend the knee" to her, but they will fight for her due to their common cause, and I think this would open up the last door for Sansa to take on the Lady Stoneheart role.

Wishful thinking maybe, but it makes sense. [spoiler]It would also give purpose to Brienne's now irrelevant storyline, where in the books she is captured by LSH and commanded to kill Jamie after she failed to protect Catelyn and Robb at the Red Wedding. I haven't read the books, but basically if Brienne teams up with Sansa Stoneheart, then this will parallel the plot in the books in it's own D&D-got-me-fucked-up way.[/spoiler]

The Free Folk don't want to bend-the-knee but they are not above fighting for a cause and they certainly will fight for their own. Jon saved their lives and he has paid the ultimate price and they will not be at all pleased with the new watch commander (and we all know who wants that job) et al. It will be an epic fight for which I cannot wait! I only hope Edd survives and joins the FF. Now if only we can get Benjen back...

I completely agree and love Panter2000's point above that they may rally around Sansa. They will rally with the North for sure to fight against the Others, they won't run - but they won't do it to sit another on the throne (maybe Jon) or to protect one that is already there.

Some scenario's:

- The Free Folk retaliate and attack the Wall from the South. If the Nights King is watching he may take advantage and attack from the North at the same time; whatever happens Thorne and his bunch are not long for this world. I think Olly survives and has some sort of forgiveness scene because of course he does.

- I don't think they can blame Tormund for Jon's death, he's outside the Wall, isn't he? Let's say he is. Davos, Edd and Melisandre are there and will know the truth. Davos won't stand for it, neither will Edd. There will be other men there against it as well. I can see an uprising lead by Davos perhaps. Meanwhile, Mel, humbled by her failure and finally recognizing the visions the Red God has been showing her asks her Lord to spare Jon's life. R'holler says "Finally! I've been sayin'!!!" and Jon comes back to life. Either Thorne and his men are killed off or they could be spared by the newly resurrected Jon - that might be interesting.

I would love to see their Oh, Shit moment when they find out Jon's importance. This is one of the reasons he can't be dead - there is just too much there to have fun with!

- The resurrection of Jon happens before the Free Folk get word of his death. This is good news for Thorne ... wait, no it isn't, because Ghost has already taken care of him, never mind.

- I've heard that the betrayal of the Watch oath twice might wipe out the magic - sorry if I have that wrong but I've not read the books - and bring the wall down. This allows the Others to come south. That would be epic! But I can't imagine that happening so early, more like season 7.

Yes, the FF won't bend the knee to anyone (yet) but I'm confident that if they do find Sansa, they will have no problem fighting for/with her. Jon's sacrifice defiantly went to the favor of the FF and they will not ignore that. They might be a little stubborn, but they aren't assholes. I think they are forever grateful to Jon, as he did travel to Hardhome to save literally hundreds of lives, despite all their historic and current differences. The only way that they would ever even consider bending the knee to someone on the Iron Throne is if Jon was sitting on it. They owe him their lives, and I think their loyalty is enough for him.

And YES, I'M SO READY FOR JON'S STORY LINE TO PROVE EVERYONE WHO'S EVER DOUBTED HIM WRONG. That, and Ghost tearing Allister Thorne apart will be so good for the readers'/viewers' morale, because at this point it seems that almost all hope is lost.

I don't see the scenario being any different in the book or the show.  The Wildlings are not going to attack Castle Black to revenge Jon.  I just don't see it happening.  The Wildlings believed Tormund, not Jon, so if anything, they probably believe they are alive because of Tormund.  Without his influence, they would all be dead on the show.  Not one Wildling would have followed Jon back to the wall otherwise.  Therefore, I doubt they will be motivated to seek vengeance on those that killed Jon. They will probably start to leave the wall though and travel south.  If / when Jon is resurrected, it is really a question if Azor Ahai has any of Jon left in him.  I don't think he will, so I don't see Azor Ahai wanting revenge on the Night's Watch or the Boltons.  I believe he will take the Wildlings and leave The Wall with whoever else follows to rally Westros against the real threat.  This may actually mean he has to play nice with the Boltons since they have the nearest and largest army since Stannis is off the board.  Azor Ahai's end game should be the preservation of Westros, not getting revenge against those that wronged Jon.  

Like a few others, I believe The Wall will fall to the Night's King at the end of the season.  At that point, all the conspirators will get what is coming to them.

I see your point about the FF believing Tormund and not Jon, but they aren't that stupid. And neither is Tormund. Without Jon's support as Lord Commander, Tormund had no place going to the FF to suggest an alliance. He knew that, and thats why he made Jon go with him. Meanwhile, Jon knew he was putting his authority on the line by trying to team up with the Wildlings. Everyone knew that. Even the Free Folk knew it. Jon saved their lives at the cost of his own, and they won't allow Jon's literal sacrifice to go unappreciated.

In betraying Jon, the Night's Watch ultimately betrayed "the realms of men" because now, the Wall is going to fall. Plus, as the NW's Lord Commander, Jon was the ultimate authority at the Wall and in killing him, they shattered every bit of power the Lord Commander holds. Azor Ahai obviously has a lot of work to do, but in saving the Wall and fighting the WWs, he will fundamentally be wreaking revenge on those who betrayed Jon because, well, Jon is Azor Ahai reborn.

Yes, this only works if that theory is true, and I'm not going to get into that right now, but "Azor Ahai avenging Jon" really isn't that far fetched when you think about it. Like a lot of antagonistic characters, (Joffrey, Tywin, and even Shae and Stannis as a result of his apparent need to burn his children), the Boltons will get what's coming to them, and Azor Ahai is on his way to being revealed and I doubt Jon's (so far, one of the best candidates for Azor Ahai reborn) geographical proximity to Winterfell and the Boltons is coincidental. 

Anyways, the ultimate ending of the story will have a bittersweet ending according to GRRM, but I do think that the sweet aspect will include justice for the Starks/The North. It's just a matter of how and when that is achieved.

I am so on board with Zoe Stark! 

" I think they are forever grateful to Jon, as he did travel to Hardhome to save literally hundreds of lives, despite all their historic and current differences. The only way that they would ever even consider bending the knee to someone on the Iron Throne is if Jon was sitting on it. They owe him their lives, and I think their loyalty is enough for him."

"Anyways, the ultimate ending of the story will have a bittersweet ending according to GRRM, but I do think that the sweet aspect will include justice for the Starks/The North. It's just a matter of how and when that is achieved."

I want Jon to be triumphant and the Starks to be avenged, but I probably won't get both. 

On a related topic, I'm wondering who the 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch will be, or if there even will be one. Jon was the 998th Lord Commander and I'm assuming Ser Alliser will be the 999th. That sets up for the 1000th Lord Commander to possibly be the last Lord Commander, or at least the Lord Commander when the wall falls. Or, maybe, the number never reaches 1000, but why then create a mythology with the books starting at 997? Maybe Davos? Maybe Olly? God, I hope not Olly...

The thing I'm curious about is how the Shadow Tower and Eastwatch will react to it all. Either one or both could declare independence from Castle Black in theory.

Doubt that would happen. I have no doubts Alliser will die in S6, it's just a matter of when. They could drag the NW out for quite some time into S6.

Dolorous Edd will probably alert the Wildlings and Tormund may take some of his men to the wall and kill the mutineers. Hopefully Mel resurrects Jon and maybe (just maybe) he goes through the North, rallying the houses, and defeats the Boltons and becomes the King in the North.

Regardless of what happens, we all know that the white walkers will kill 'em all.  :crying:

On a related topic, I'm wondering who the 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch will be, or if there even will be one. Jon was the 998th Lord Commander and I'm assuming Ser Alliser will be the 999th. That sets up for the 1000th Lord Commander to possibly be the last Lord Commander, or at least the Lord Commander when the wall falls. Or, maybe, the number never reaches 1000, but why then create a mythology with the books starting at 997? Maybe Davos? Maybe Olly? God, I hope not Olly...

I agree that the wall will turn to all-out violence over Jon's assassination. 

I think Bowen Marsh (in the show, maybe Thorne) will be the 999th LC, but I don't think he'll last too long.

I'm not sure who the 1000th would be...my (pipe)dream theory is for Sam Tarly to take up the mantle.  He would be more than the current Watch deserves and one best suited for dissolving or restructuring the brotherhood.  Not sure if there's enough time for him to make it from Oldtown back up to Castle Black though, he'd better hurry.

Archived