Amazing Book Deals V.2

HexMachina

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

R. Scott Bakker's The Unholy Consult is 1.99$ on Kindle (US only).

Wow!  Thanks for the heads up, Pat.  Now if only tWLW and tAE would get cheap too I would finally finish the series... I have them in hardback already, I just so vastly prefer ebooks that I haven't got around to reading them yet.

14 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

This is a weird promo, which is why I believe it might be a glitch or something. The previous two installments were never put on sale, so it's odd that they would do this with TUC. Especially since it only came out a few weeks ago. . .

I thought the same thing, it's usually the first book in a series that goes cheap, should have been tJE.  Didn't stop me from snatching it up though!

I think it's actually some kind of reverse psychology marketing ploy, putting the latest book in a series on sale.  $1.99 for a book that just came out?  I can't pass that up.  You buy it without thinking.  As time passes and you realize the previous books are never going to go on sale, you're still almost obligated to buy them because you already have the latest.  Insidious.

2 hours ago, Winterfella said:

I haven't read much Le Guin, only a couple short stories, but they were very good so if her novels live up to those I can see why she is held in such high regard.

I read The Dispossessed earlier this year, it does seem to be considered one of the classic novels of 20th Century Science Fiction and I thought it lived up to that reputation, the characterisation, world-building and concepts were all great. On the other hand, I found her similarly lauded The Left Hand of Darkness to be a little bit disappointing, although it was still good.

Archived