Why do some ppl think Littlefinger is working for the Nights-King?

Jana B.

I've seen some ppl on youtube who claimed that Littlefinger is working for the Nights-King. Is that possible? Is there any proof for this theory? Book readers + TV-show watcher agreed.
The only thing which might be a "proof" is that everything lil Finger is doing it's the best for the WW/others but he also said that chaos is a ladder and I don't like the idea of lil finger being a servant cuz he only serves himself.

Sorry for the spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm german :D
Have a good day/night and remember:
WINTER IS COMING! :o :)

As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.

- GRRM, Notablog

The Night's King inhabits the legends and histories of Westeros and if he lived at all he has been dead for thousands of years.  He is not the ally of Littlefinger or any other living character in the books.

The Nights King was defeated. There is no reason to believe he was not executed.

He is not the leader of the Others as in the show. He's history.

Except that there is nothing that says he was.

There's no evidence in-text that the Nights King even exists, so no.

But GRRM made a comment about how fans should pay less attention to the prophecies and more to Old Nan's stories.  He did exist at one point. Whether he was what people say he was is a separate question.

I have come across several little finger theories, but this isn't one of them. 

I haven't seen this exact theory before, but I have seen it suggested that Littlefinger is The Great Other, preparing Westeros for the invasion by creating utter chaos.

Because they are both founding members of The Evil League of Evil. It's not clear if it was Littlefinger or the Night King's idea to form the League, but all rumors point to their weekly quilting parties as where the idea was hatched. The rest is history.

Seriously, Littlefinger would plot with anyone who might advance his own power, but it's hard to see how that would include the Night's King. It's seems likely that Petyr's view of the game of thrones only includes humans that he can control. With the information we have that doesn't include the Others or armies of zombies

But GRRM made a comment about how fans should pay less attention to the prophecies and more to Old Nan's stories.  He did exist at one point. Whether he was what people say he was is a separate question.

I meant as the leader of the Others like in the show.

Because they are both founding members of The Evil League of Evil. It's not clear if it was Littlefinger or the Night King's idea to form the League, but all rumors point to their weekly quilting parties as where the idea was hatched. The rest is history.

Seriously, Littlefinger would plot with anyone who might advance his own power, but it's hard to see how that would include the Night's King. It's seems likely that Petyr's view of the game of thrones only includes humans that he can control. With the information we have that doesn't include the Others or armies of zombies

So the Night's King is Bad Horse and Littlefinger is Dr. Horrible? It all makes sense now.

I have never heard this theory OP.  Littlefinger working with a mythological figure that may or may not exist seems very tinfoil to me. Now Littlefinger working with Bloodraven, that is merely crackpot.

Archived