Jon chapters in TWoW

Pied Pypar

Martin has said there will be few if any new POVs, but how will we "see" what's going on at the Wall with Jon in the process of dying at the end of ADWD? We've got what, one Mel POV chapter to date? 2 maybe? Perhaps that will shift and she will become the primary source for Jon and Wall news, just as our view into Stannis shifted from Davos to Asha. Or is there a possibility Ghost will replace Jon? Martin seems to like seeing through warged animals as he has done with Varamyr, Bran and Arya so far. Will the Jon chapters continue with him inside the direwolf? So many questions . . . . 

Lots of readers love Jon, hate Mel. Will you still seek out the Mel chapters?

Martin has said there will be few if any new POVs, but how will we "see" what's going on at the Wall with Jon in the process of dying at the end of ADWD? We've got what, one Mel POV chapter to date? 2 maybe? Perhaps that will shift and she will become the primary source for Jon and Wall news, just as our view into Stannis shifted from Davos to Asha. Or is there a possibility Ghost will replace Jon? Martin seems to like seeing through warged animals as he has done with Varamyr, Bran and Arya so far. Will the Jon chapters continue with him inside the direwolf? So many questions . . . . 

Lots of readers love Jon, hate Mel. Will you still seek out the Mel chapters?

Firstly, I think that one of the main reasons behind the single Melisandre chapter we have is to give us an alternative POV at the Wall to pick up the action and reaction following the Ides of Marsh. While she is not my favorite character, I do find her intriguing - and I think she will be involved, in some way, in Jon's healing process, making her an informative POV to have.  I will read all the POV chapters when Winds comes out regardless of my own personal feelings on the characters.  

As for Jon's next POV chapter, I do think that will take place in Ghost's consciousness rather than Jon's - or, at the very least, we will see the dreams of an unconscious Jon (such as we saw the inside of Bran's head before he woke up, and as we have seen chapters from Summer's perspective). 

Archived