GoT Theory: What if Gendry is the black haired son of Robert and Cersei?

Millysandre

Did Cersei even mention the baby to anyone else? I vaguely recall she might have spoken to Robert about it, but I could be wrong.

If Cat is the only one, then it might well have been a lie intended to deflect suspicion.

Did Cersei even mention the baby to anyone else? I vaguely recall she might have spoken to Robert about it, but I could be wrong.

If Cat is the only one, then it might well have been a lie intended to deflect suspicion.

It's a weird choice of lie when cat could mention it to Ned then ned to robert and then who knows if the stories bs.

It's a weird choice of lie when cat could mention it to Ned then ned to robert and then who knows if the stories bs.

That's extremely unlikely. Women talk about that kind of thing, and she very well might talk to Ned about it. But Ned certainly isn't going to bring it up to Robert without a hell of a good reason. It just isn't done. Ned would see it as 'if Robert wanted me to know, he'd have told me himself'.

That's extremely unlikely. Women talk about that kind of thing, and she very well might talk to Ned about it. But Ned certainly isn't going to bring it up to Robert without a hell of a good reason. It just isn't done. Ned would see it as 'if Robert wanted me to know, he'd have told me himself'.

Men don't talk about dead kids?

I read the beginning of your theory thinking to myself, "Wow, that's amazing!". The more I read, the more I realized that it's false and that Gendry is definitely still rowing his boat.

I'd love to see him again, but I doubt it. It'll be a mystery forever.

Men don't talk about dead kids?

Men don't talk about intensely personal and emotional things, no. Maybe today, in our world. But go back a hundred years and it would be quite different. Go back to the medieval times and certainly no. Anything that might reveal weakness is simply not done. Tywin doesn't talk about his wife, Ned doesn't talk about his father and brother, it just doesn't happen.

IF Cersie is telling the truth about having a boy by Robert that Jaime had her cleansed/aborted, then Cersie lied to Sansa about loving your children even if you do not love their father. Would it not be funny on the show if the baby, after the midwife, who may have been blond, delivered or helped abort a seemingly dead boy but "the seed is strong" and the boy breathed after they were away from Cersei and Jaime and she raised it as her own until fate and circumstances led him to being the blacksmith he became? Show?

Cersei as the angel of darkness, who aborted or killed all of Robert's children?

Interesting notion.

I forget if she mentions a "cleansed baby" of Robert by Jaime to Ned in the book but the whole shpeal she gave Sansa at the Blackwater was more of her hypocritical bullshit. She loved her incest/purebred babies with Jaime and went to desperate measures to make sure Robert never got a kid off of her although, had she allowed, they probably would have had many kids as fertile Robert was and undoubtably she was. Funny thing, she stopped having kids with Jaime at "3", one would think I will jinx this prophesy and have more than 3 but no, lets keep it close just to make me more paranoid about the whole thing why don't we?

Maggys prophecy only contradicts the dead baby if you read it literally From an extreme left-brain perspective. When she talks about her children, she doesn't care to mention the one that doesn't leave infancy. This is pretty in keeping with medieval views--high infant mortality rates and all. I don't see it as some awful problem.

I think is not that Cersei just stopped having children. It's more like Robert wasn't having sex with her any more and she wasn't going to be able to explain this miraculous conception. Robert was a fool but not that much of a fool. He remembers not having sex with his wife for years.

She guarded her - - - -  as if she had all the Gold in Casterly Rock up there. Yeah, he had heirs, or so he thought, it was easier to have LF send a whore over or multiple ones. Her family name and gold were more of value to him than her in the later years.

Archived