GoT Theory: What if Gendry is the black haired son of Robert and Cersei?

Millysandre

1 hour ago, Darksky said:

And you actually believed Cersei's story about that black-haired son? lol she was spewing BS

That was my first thought when I first watched that ep. However she discusses that child with Robert in a later ep.

Gendry is a commoner blacksmith. Even if he could get anyone to believe he's Robert Baratheon's bastard(that won't kill him for it), there's not a noble in Westeros that's going to give the time of day, much less bend the knee to some commoner blacksmith from the shit stained streets of Fleabottom.

11 hours ago, princess_snow said:

That was my first thought when I first watched that ep. However she discusses that child with Robert in a later ep.

Indeed, they did discuss it. One of the showrunners' many lapses in continuity.

I found two videos on this topic. The first one is a response to the video about the theory of Gendry's parents and the second one is the actual video of the discussion of Gendry's parents. Sorry I did it kind of backwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPEgaQ_OzCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2b73AtTFrc

Let me know what you think!

• 1 month later...
On July 11, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Lady Knows Nothing said:

I found two videos on this topic. The first one is a response to the video about the theory of Gendry's parents and the second one is the actual video of the discussion of Gendry's parents. Sorry I did it kind of backwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPEgaQ_OzCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2b73AtTFrc

Let me know what you think!

Wow. That was awesome. I am now convinced Cerci is Gendry's mother. It also gave me hope that Gendry could become king. An unpopular opinion on this Forum, but one I unabashedly support. In fact I'd go even further and say he might even be Azor Ahai. Thanks so much for the videos!

I think they made Gendry's mom have blonde hair to show more evidence to Ned that Black Hair > Blonde Hair so that later when Ned's daughters are having the conversation about Joffrey the spokes in Ned's head would begin turning upon hearing Sansa say Joffrey is nothing like his father and that she'll give him sons with beautiful blonde hair.

What if Gendry is the "beautiful boy" that LF gave to QoT?

What if Arya wasn't the one who got stabbed?

What if that's not Shaggydog because the head is too small?

What if...

What if people stopped pretending that D&D has the writing skills to plant subtle clues for future plot twists instead of never writing more than what's in the moment.

What's subtle about it? There is definitely a hint that Cercei may be the mother and when Varys is around, baby swaping/snatching is a possibility.

Even if she's not and he's a bastard, he's the last surviving Baratheon heir so there is at least some degree of importance to him. I kinda wonder if he's supposed to replace Young Griff in the show...or at least take on some elements from him.

How is Gendry going to take over Young Griff's role? What power base is going to back him? Illyrio/Varys? Nope already pledged to Dany. Dorne? Nope unlike Young Griff, Gendry has no blood ties to the Martells.

It's abundantly obvious from season 6's ending that Dany is going to take over Young Griff's role.

On 30/8/2016 at 3:26 PM, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

What if Gendry is the "beautiful boy" that LF gave to QoT?

What if Arya wasn't the one who got stabbed?

What if that's not Shaggydog because the head is too small?

What if...

What if people stopped pretending that D&D has the writing skills to plant subtle clues for future plot twists instead of never writing more than what's in the moment.

:agree:

On 15.8.2015 at 4:51 AM, Ice Walker said:

In the show, they rang bells for Sansa when she was born. Is it difficult to think that the news of a crown prince would spread anyway? Especially to the King's best friend and Warden of the North.

I guess you uncovered the first plothole of the series by courtesy of D&D. Congrats :D

On 01/09/2016 at 7:01 AM, JonSnow4President said:

So if Gendry is Cersei and Robert's son, why isn't his hair gold (see Maggy the Frog Prophecy), and which of Joffrey, Tommen, or Myrcella wasn't really Cersei's (see Maggy the Frog Prophecy, 3 children)?  How did Robert and Cersei fake a pregnancy for the one you choose?

Maybe Maggy's prophecy was deceptive and she only told her about the bastards they would have. Cersei was being her usually bitchy self at the time so Maggy may have decided "I'll screw with this bitch"

On 1 agosto 2015 at 8:47 AM, Visceral Varys said:

This has bugged me before. Cersei talks of her first born, the black hair, his death but then the prophecy mentions only three and all golden haired children. Math was never my best subject but even I can see that doesn't add up. So a continuity error makes sense which probably means they won't bring the black haired baby back into play, Gendry or not.

However I would like to see his bicepts, I mean character, back again...

In the books the first kid (the black haired boy she talks about with Cat) doesn't exist, he never lived... she realized she was pregnant and she planned and caused the abortion because she didn't want any kid by Robert. Later on, after she had Jamie's kids, she was twice prudent and had moon tea to be sure not to have any kid by Robert because people might notice the difference with the other kids and start wondering about the father.

That's why Maggie talks about 3 kids.

The whole 'I lost a child too' speech is just something they make Cersei say on the show to make her more 'human'.

On 9/9/2016 at 5:34 PM, Elisabetta Duò said:

In the books the first kid (the black haired boy she talks about with Cat) doesn't exist, he never lived... she realized she was pregnant and she planned and caused the abortion because she didn't want any kid by Robert. Later on, after she had Jamie's kids, she was twice prudent and had moon tea to be sure not to have any kid by Robert because people might notice the difference with the other kids and start wondering about the father.

That's why Maggie talks about 3 kids.

The whole 'I lost a child too' speech is just something they make Cersei say on the show to make her more 'human'.

As of right now, I'm inclined to agree with your conclusion, at least so far as the books go.

There's a LOT of interesting talk (here and elsewhere) about the possibility that Gendry might be Cersei's son, but ultimately, the prophecy of Maggy the Frog that Cersei would have three children seems to be a huge obstacle to it, at least in the books.

In the show, however, near as I can tell they don't seem to care about Maggy's prophecy about the number of Cersei's kids very much (in fact, it appears they have already violated it, as Cersei discusses her black-haired child not only with Cat but with Robert himself, as I recall), so it remains a very real possibility, and not much would surprise me at this point.

Archived