Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

I really thought I had you in Experts, WJ.  But the Niners D shut down the Vikings in a way I did not anticipate.

Yeah, I thought I was done.  Even going into the 4th quarter, all it would have taken was a TD from Bridgewater and a few catches from Boldin. 

Other than that, I had a great week.  5-1.  Stole a win in Thunderdome by sh**ing the bed slightly less than Kal did.  But 150+ across the board elsewhere, including my autodrafted standard ESPN roster team (13 team league, ugh bye weeks in the future).  Half my slots there came off waivers, including Dalton, Benny, Jordan Reed and the Carolina D.

• 2 months later...

This has been a really strange year.  I've got 3 really good teams that earned byes in the 1st round of the playoffs.  And 2 pretty bad teams that are already eliminated. 

So, as a result - I don't have any games in week 14.  All of my teams are either resting up or they are done. 

Playoff matchups in the 5 leagues I was involved in this year.

Experts

Byes - Mya (1), Whiskeyjack (2)

Bluray (3) vs. Bronn (6)

Jaime (4) vs. POTN (5)

Westeros A

Byes - Week (1), Jaime (2)

Reposado (3) vs. POTN (6)

Bronn (4) vs. Dunk (5)

Westeros B

Byes - Whiskeyjack (1), Hugorfonics (2)

Jace (3) vs. Dunk (6)

Fuentez (4) vs. Pyroclastic Flow (5)

Westeros C

Byes - Bronn (1), Dunk (2)

Dracarys (3) vs. Jace (6)

Jaime (4) vs. Mcbigski (5)

Thunderdome

Byes - Whiskeyjack (1), Bronn (2)

Boiled Leather (3) vs. Mya (6)

JJ Lannister (4) vs. POTN (5)

Alright board FF gurus, I have a bit of a QB conundrum this week in a non-Westeros FF league.  I'm most likely over-thinking it but I am wondering what you think of Brady or Dalton this week?  It's standard QB scoring (i.e. 4 pts. for passing TDs, 6 pts. for other TDs, 1 pt. per 25 yds. passing, 1 pt. per 10 yds. rushng/receiving, etc.)  

I will probably just stick with Brady (who I've started all season) because...you don't bench Brady, right?!  But...all the Patriots' injuries are beginning to give me a little pause and then there are the match-ups to consider.

What do you think?  Is there anything really compelling one way or the other?

Question - 

Can Andy Dalton catch a 36 yard reception? 

Kidding, kidding. 

I'd probably stick with Brady, only because regardless of injuries, he finds a way to keep his team in it. But Dalton's matchup is promising...

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.  It wouldn't even be a question if Brady had...oh, I don't know...some reasonable combination of a few more healthy offensive linemen, Dion Lewis, Gronk, Edelman, a healthier Amendola - you get the idea.  So, in Brady and Belichick I will continue to trust.  We ride or die together (FF is serious business, after all);)

It's the playoffs and I'm starting Blaine Gabbert and JFF.  I think I like them better than natty ice and bilgewater this week.  God help me.

God left those QBs a long time ago.

I'd wish for your success but you're playing me. Then again I may be starting JCF in Experts. It's really killing my ultimate rooting interest which is schadenfreude. 

God left those QBs a long time ago.

I'd wish for your success but you're playing me. Then again I may be starting JCF in Experts. It's really killing my ultimate rooting interest which is schadenfreude. 

Benching ryan was the right decision and thanks to garbage time gabbart wasn't much worse than Bridgewater.  Need a big game from Landry to move on...I just back spaced over should have relied on Ted Ginn Jr because it sounds so wrong.

Some other leagues:

Dynasty

Byes - Bronn (1), Jaxom (2)

Race (3) vs. Maelys (6)

Grozeng (4) vs. JJ (5)

Open (I don't know who everyone is in this league - if someone does I can edit this

Byes - Grozeng (1), Dreadfort Direwolves (2)

BL (3) vs. Skagos Long Pigs(6)

Jaxom (4) vs. Seagard Salamanders (5)

Archived