Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

Question - 

Can Andy Dalton catch a 36 yard reception? 

Kidding, kidding. 

I'd probably stick with Brady, only because regardless of injuries, he finds a way to keep his team in it. But Dalton's matchup is promising...

Well, I sure am glad I didn't start Dalton over Brady this week!  However, all four wr/te I started (1 rb, 1 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, ppr league - Calvin Johnson, Allen Robinson, Eifert, Kelce) crapped out in the same week!  I still have a chance to pull it out tonight but it'll be a miracle (need 21 pts. out of Lamar Miller:o).    

Semi-final matchups.

Experts

Mya (1) vs. Jaime (4)

Whiskeyjack (2) vs. Bronn (6)

Westeros A

Week (1) vs. Dunk (5)

Jaime (2) vs. POTN (6)

Westeros B

Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Pyroclastic Flow (5)

Hugor (2) vs. Jace (3)

Westeros C

Bronn (1) vs. Jaime (4)

Dunk (2) vs. Jace (6)

Thunderdome

Whiskeyjack (1) vs. POTN (5)

Bronn (2) vs. Mya (6)

Congrats to Jaime, Bronn, Mya, Jace, Dunk, POTN (and me) for still being alive in multiple leagues.  The 7 of us cover 17 of the remaining 20 playoff spots in the leagues listed above.

Sadly, I think my luck is going to run out this week.  Had Thomas Rawls in both Westeros B and Experts, and my replacements aren't nearly as good.  Downgrades those teams a lot.

Really sucks in Westeros B especially, where I overpaid to get him in a trade last week.  I figured it was time to go all in, and gave up McFadden, Hightower, and Winston for him.  Don't really need Winston since he was my 4th QB, but McFadden and Hightower were my RB3 and RB4 - basically the spot Rawls was supposed to upgrade.  So now I'm dipping down to guys in timeshares like Langford or Starks instead.  Huge loss on what was probably my best team.

Dynasty

Bronn (1) vs. Grozeng (5)

Jaxom (2) vs. Race (3)

Bronn lost Rawls here.  Race is looking scary with Bortles and OBJ.

Open

Grozeng (1) vs. Jaxom (4)

Dreadfort Direwolves (2) vs. BL (3)

Jaxom and I split our season meetings, but I lost Rawls and maybe Stewart in this league so I may be in trouble.  Lost Hyde earlier too so my RB depth is not as good as it was all year. 

Whiskeyjack, I totally forgot to message you back. But no, no interest.

So I'd like to chuckle for a moment that it's amazing how I made the playoffs in even two of the 5 Westeros leagues I'm in as I kept forgetting to set my rosters for like 5 weeks there. Every thursday night I'd say "fuck! Rosters!" then every Sunday morning I'd say "fuck! Rosters!!!"

I made it to the dance though, and now I can't be kicked out. :P I also scored 2nd highest in Westeros B, only .6 points behind the leader (who had a bye, and outscored everyone in Westeros C by about 35 points. I'm 'comin for yall.

Congrats to Jaime, Bronn, Mya, Jace, Dunk, POTN (and me) for still being alive in multiple leagues.  The 7 of us cover 17 of the remaining 20 playoff spots in the leagues listed above.

Thanks!  Barely alive, I'd say, but alive still in Westeros A and Thunderdome.  Not sure I have much left in the tank in those leagues but we'll see how things shake out.  The thing that's really making me happy this fantasy season, though, is the miracle win described above in my largest money league.  I was the 1st seed going in and it really would have sucked to have a really bad week and lose there (the 2nd seed did go down this week).  It's a long-standing local league so it's especially fun to do well in it.  

Nice win in C Jaime, good luck in the next round.  I really thought DeSean Jackson would pick up more points than his projection this week, maybe I should have listened to the yahoo projections...

Thanks man. Not gonna lie. Landry getting 18 targets on Monday Night had me more than a little nervous. 

After leading most of the day, looks like I'm probably going to lose in Thunderdome.  Pretty brutal.  Needed Palmer + Brown to outscore Floyd by 7 points, and they're coming up short.  Palmer's getting yards, but all of the TDs are going to David Johnson, and Brown is mostly invisible.

EDIT - And Palmer is out.  Looks like I'm done. 

After leading most of the day, looks like I'm probably going to lose in Thunderdome.  Pretty brutal.  Needed Palmer + Brown to outscore Floyd by 7 points, and they're coming up short.  Palmer's getting yards, but all of the TDs are going to David Johnson, and Brown is mostly invisible.

EDIT - And Palmer is out.  Looks like I'm done. 

So Palmer came back on the next drive.....and threw a TD to John Brown.  On to the finals.   :D 

Jesus Christ, Jaime, I didn't want to win in Experts either.

Cam and the Panthers are the bane of my existence this year.

Good win and good luck in the finals! Hell of a time to drop 200+. 

And Bronn...good luck tonight! 

So, what do people think my odds are of getting 30 points out of Calvin Johnson and Ben Watson tonight (PPR league)?   Yes, I'll need another miracle in my non-board, "big money" league just like I did last week!:P 

I wouldn't rule it out.  You're basically looking for something like 6 catches for 90 yards and a TD for Calvin, and 4 catches for 60 yards for Watson, right?  That doesn't seem unreasonable.

Jesus Christ, Jaime, I didn't want to win in Experts either.

Cam and the Panthers are the bane of my existence this year.

Good win and good luck in the finals! Hell of a time to drop 200+. 

And Bronn...good luck tonight! 

Thanks Mya! Knew I'd need a ton of points to get past the Eyrie as your team never has an off week. Just glad Cam and David Johnson took that message to heart.

Archived