Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

I benched Donte Moncrief.:(:(:angry2::angry2:

Wouldn't have mattered :P 

good game,i was so close to beating you by a bigger margin then our last match :lol: I'm going to the superbowl :D though maybe I shouldn't be too happy, I've been playing fantasy for like 5 years and the first time in going to the bowl is with an auto draft team :lol: fuck it, good luck Greywater, and impressive win

Eta

Nooooo!!! I need Odell, he's the nucleus of my achievements! (Giants need no help beating Houston) This is the worst news since Pompeii! Oh cruel fate; Why must thou punish the righteous?

#FreeBeckham

#Fuck Normanthatbicthyantagonist 

I wouldn't rule it out.  You're basically looking for something like 6 catches for 90 yards and a TD for Calvin, and 4 catches for 60 yards for Watson, right?  That doesn't seem unreasonable.

Gah!  Stop it!  You're giving me hope!  Yeah, it's not impossible, especially in a PPR, but...I guess I am hoping for a shootout with lots of passes going CJ's and Watson's way;)  Also, here's hoping the dreaded "game flow" gremlin doesn't rear it's ugly head tonight.  Seems like that has been influencing things more and more this season...

good game,i was so close to beating you by a bigger margin then our last match :lol: I'm going to the superbowl :D though maybe I shouldn't be too happy, I've been playing fantasy for like 5 years and the first time in going to the bowl is with an auto draft team :lol: fuck it, good luck Greywater, and impressive win

Eta

Nooooo!!! I need Odell, he's the nucleus of my achievements! (Giants need no help beating Houston) This is the worst news since Pompeii! Oh cruel fate; Why must thou punish the righteous?

#FreeBeckham

I'm just doing what the Colts taught me.

Eta

#FreeBeckham

Thanks!  

BTW POTN, uncool knocking out my W-A team as revenge for knocking you out in Experts. Don't know you an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind?

Hey, I played nice and turned the other cheek in both Experts and Thunderdome.  And look what that got me - Nuthin'! :P  

The Week of Bronze is over.

Six Westeros Leagues.  Four of them I was in the semi-finals, one playing to avoid sixth place and the in the special category - Survivor.

Four losses, one win (in that ONLY 5th place/non-final four game - woo hoo) and eliminated in Survivor.  OH, the humanity.

Congrats to everyone who made it to the finals!  Here are the matchups in my various leagues.

Experts - Whiskeyjack (2) vs. Jaime (4)

Westeros A - Week (1) vs. POTN (6)

Westeros B - Hugor (2) vs. Pyro (5)

Westeros C - Jaime (4) vs. Jace (6)

Thunderdome - Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Mya (6)

A few notes:

-Jaime and I are the only two people who still have multiple teams remaining.

-None of the matchups are between the 1 and 2 seeds.  There was at least one upset in every league last week.

-However, Westeros C is the only league where both the 1 and 2 seeds lost last week.

-The Thunderdome final is actually a rematch from last year.  Pretty crazy that Mya and I both made it there for a 2nd year in a row, given that its a 16 team league.  Hopefully, this year I can get some revenge.

Thanks!  

Hey, I played nice and turned the other cheek in both Experts and Thunderdome.  And look what that got me - Nuthin'! :P  

Well, for a second there I thought Matt Stafford was gonna get me the 50 points I needed to overcome you in W-A. 

But then I realized it would mean Bronn would overcome me in W-C. 

Good luck in the finals, man. 

Six Westeros Leagues.  Four of them I was in the semi-finals, one playing to avoid sixth place and the in the special category - Survivor.

Four losses, one win (in that ONLY 5th place/non-final four game - woo hoo) and eliminated in Survivor.  OH, the humanity.

Oh, man. Brutal Bronn. Fantasy is a fickle mistress. 

In my other 2 leagues:

Dynasty - Race (3) vs. Grozeng (5)

Open - Grozeng (1) vs. Mudguard (2)

I also won my consolation matchup in Experts so I am still alive in 2 leagues too.  We had both 1 and 2 lose in Dynasty and have both 1 and 2 alive in Open.  Also in Dynasty two of the founding teams in the final. 

In Open, I overcame Jaxom having Cam Newton. Helps that his second QB was Mariota.  I was very surprised I won that game considering I got nothing from Bryce Brown, Bolden and Tamme.

My fantasy season was similar.  I was in six leagues this year (three westeros and three not).  I made the playoffs in five of the six (and missed the sixth because of tie-breaker).  However, I only made the final in one - Westeros A.  And in my biggest money league, if Amendola hadn't gone down in the very beginning of the game, I'd be in that championship game - literal ouch for Amendola and figurative ouch for me!  

Well, for a second there I thought Matt Stafford was gonna get me the 50 points I needed to overcome you in W-A. 

But then I realized it would mean Bronn would overcome me in W-C. 

Good luck in the finals, man. 

Oh, man. Brutal Bronn. Fantasy is a fickle mistress. 

Thanks!  I'll need it!  And I definitely agree that FF is a fickle mistress...but I can't give her up;)  Also, how does Stafford put up those kinds of numbers with basically none of it going to CJ?!  Don't answer that - I know the answer - it's just been frustrating in my biggest money league these last few weeks.  Even with Amendola going down, if CJ does anything at all last night against the putrid Saints, I'm still in the title game.  Grrr! 

Congrats to everyone who made it to the finals!  Here are the matchups in my various leagues.

A few notes:

-Jaime and I are the only two people who still have multiple teams remaining.

-None of the matchups are between the 1 and 2 seeds.  There was at least one upset in every league last week.

-However, Westeros C is the only league where both the 1 and 2 seeds lost last week.

-The Thunderdome final is actually a rematch from last year.  Pretty crazy that Mya and I both made it there for a 2nd year in a row, given that its a 16 team league.  Hopefully, this year I can get some revenge.

I was just thinking how amazing it is that both of our teams made it back to the championship again. I daresay...we're elite? Or lucky. Really effing lucky. ;) 

But really, having OBJ being suspended for a week really hurts my team's chances of a repeat. 

Survivor is down to Jaxom and Boiled Leather.  Sad thing, I'll have to bump up the points for the loser to have the site show the proper standings.  It is very unlikely that the loser will overcome my overall lead.  I am 156+ points ahead of BL and 174+ ahead of Jaxom.

But that means bupkus in Survivor.

Wait.  Shouldn't this be the Week of Bronze?  Since you're in all of the 3rd place games.....?

:leaving:

In my other 2 leagues:

Dynasty - Race (3) vs. Grozeng (5)

Open - Grozeng (1) vs. Dreadfort Direwolves (2) - still don't know who that is

I also won my consolation matchup in Experts so I am still alive in 2 leagues too.  We had both 1 and 2 lose in Dynasty and have both 1 and 2 alive in Open.  Also in Dynasty two of the founding teams in the final. 

In Open, I overcame Jaxom having Cam Newton. Helps that his second QB was Mariota.  I was very surprised I won that game considering I got nothing from Bryce Brown, Bolden and Tamme.

Hi, I'm the Dreadfort Direwolves.  

I only signed up for one league, so I'm one for one.  I like my team except for my running backs, which are a mess cobbled together from the waiver wire.  

Okay, so putting it all together.

Dynasty - Race (3) vs. Grozeng (5)

Open - Grozeng (1) vs. Mudguard (2)

Survivor - Jaxom vs. Boiled Leather

Wait a minute! Does that mean I get to be in Experts if I win C?

Oh god, I'm sweating. Yep, yep! Definitely perspiring. I can't decide if I wanna start Fitzmagic @ New England, or Jay against Tampa... On the one hand, I'm here in large part because of Fitzy. On the other hand, they're going to New England with their season on the line, and they're the Jets. That said, the last time the Jets rolled into a superpower's field with their season on the line that superpower decided to rest starters (we're talking about the 09 Colts). Meanwhile, I've hitched myself to Jay Cutler so many times over the years it seems a shame to not trust him when I have a shot...

What's the order for promotion to Experts?  Isn't Westeros A on the bottom since it is an invitation league.

It is a point system rather than a progression.  West B and C are worth the most.  Survivor is worth the least.  West A is something in the middle. JJ had it all laid out in the Experts thread before the Great Regression.  Second and Third place lace finishes have value, but not enough to make a difference in anything other than a tie-breaker, most likely.

I think there is also a league called Outlaw that is in the point system.

Wait a minute! Does that mean I get to be in Experts if I win C?

Oh god, I'm sweating. Yep, yep! Definitely perspiring. I can't decide if I wanna start Fitzmagic @ New England, or Jay against Tampa... On the one hand, I'm here in large part because of Fitzy. On the other hand, they're going to New England with their season on the line, and they're the Jets. That said, the last time the Jets rolled into a superpower's field with their season on the line that superpower decided to rest starters (we're talking about the 09 Colts). Meanwhile, I've hitched myself to Jay Cutler so many times over the years it seems a shame to not trust him when I have a shot...

Jace, I like you but I'm gonna have to end your dream for Experts. My pretty good, but not great, W-C team is waiting. 

Russell Wilson has heard all that you've said about him over the years and he's thinking revenge. 

Archived