Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

Jace, I like you but I'm gonna have to end your dream for Experts. My pretty good, but not great, W-C team is waiting. 

Russell Wilson has heard all that you've said about him over the years and he's thinking revenge. 

No! Please! My team has dragged itself to this championship on wishes and failed dreams. Let Greg Williams put a bounty on that damn Russel Wilson! Doug Baldwin's a decent WR and I can prove it! I'm not crazy! :P

Seriously, if I beat you it'd be a chrystmas miracle.

No! Please! My team has dragged itself to this championship on wishes and failed dreams. Let Greg Williams put a bounty on that damn Russel Wilson! Doug Baldwin's a decent WR and I can prove it! I'm not crazy! :P

Seriously, if I beat you it'd be a chrystmas miracle.

Oh God, if Angry Doug gets another 2 TDs this week like has for the last 5 straight, I'm gonna lose it. 

I actually think it's a pretty even matchup. I just need Dange-Russ to find a different target in the end zone. 

Oh God, if Angry Doug gets another 2 TDs this week like has for the last 5 straight, I'm gonna lose it. 

I actually think it's a pretty even matchup. I just need Dange-Russ to find a different target in the end zone. 

Is Zach Miller still kicking around? Can I trade Eric Ebron for him?

So it looks like we will get some new blood in Experts out of Westeros B but every other league potentially has a member of Experts to block someone getting in.  Or would the 3 Jaxomed people be out regardless and a 2nd place finisher get in?  I liked that you had to win to get in.

So it looks like we will get some new blood in Experts out of Westeros B but every other league potentially has a member of Experts to block someone getting in.  Or would the 3 Jaxomed people be out regardless and a 2nd place finisher get in?  I liked that you had to win to get in.

If you don't block via a win, you are out.

We invite people who won. If there aren't enough people who want back we typically have invited others who are active or have played experts before.

Yahoo has Jaime and I in a dead heat at this point for Westeros C. I can't win this championship tonight, but Derek Carr could go a long way towards burying me or giving me confidence. I'm ok with any performance from him that doesn't top 25 points. Once he gets past that, I might be screwed.

In my PPR money league I have a conundrum at flex. Hilton, Karlos Williams, Cameron Artis-Payne, or LaFell. I'm leaning towards williams but that feels like over thinking it. Any thoughts? 

I've been undone! I checked Westeros C to check on Zach Ertz only to see Jaime started Jordan Fucking Goddamn Reed. You fucking Washington fan with your inside knowledge (bet you added him off waivers while he was still hurt!). Good for you, I wish being a Colts fan left me with any players who were worth knowing had secret potential. :P

Boo hoo Jace.  Right now your are literally, and I mean that in the non Joe Biden way, one half a point behind Jaime in projected score.  He left Kirk Cousins, of the 40+ pts on the bench.  (Who I think I made an offer for when my QB1 got hurt, though another deal coalesced first.  And I don't recall Jaime playing  him since.)  So I don't think he has some sort of Redskins savant power, since Carr only got 17. Pretty much a coin flip between the two without the benefit of hindsight, I'd say, and you won that flip.

I'm just bitter I didn't advance...

I started Kirk Cousins over Eli Manning this week, mainly because Odell got himself suspended.  Also started Jordan Reed, so I'm off to a good start.  The only thing I regret is starting Alfred Morris at the last minute when I found out Matt Jones was out.  Not sure how I ended up with so many Washington Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons on my team. 

I've been undone! I checked Westeros C to check on Zach Ertz only to see Jaime started Jordan Fucking Goddamn Reed. You fucking Washington fan with your inside knowledge (bet you added him off waivers while he was still hurt!). Good for you, I wish being a Colts fan left me with any players who were worth knowing had secret potential. :P 

Boo hoo Jace.  Right now your are literally, and I mean that in the non Joe Biden way, one half a point behind Jaime in projected score.  He left Kirk Cousins, of the 40+ pts on the bench.  (Who I think I made an offer for when my QB1 got hurt, though another deal coalesced first.  And I don't recall Jaime playing  him since.)  So I don't think he has some sort of Redskins savant power, since Carr only got 17. Pretty much a coin flip between the two without the benefit of hindsight, I'd say, and you won that flip.

I'm just bitter I didn't advance...

So I was already starting Kirk Cousins in my big money league and I just couldn't start him again here. Already had way too much riding on him playing well.

But I'd stupidly forgotten Derek Carr had died a month ago. Cost myself 23 points right there and another 15 by idiotically trusting C-Mike when multiple NFL teams had given up on him. I deserve to lose. 

Anyway, Jace, looks like you're gonna go into MNF with a 10 point lead and I'd be shocked if Marvin Jones gets that with A.J. McCarron throwing him the ball against the Broncos secondary. Hopefully can at least make it tense. 

So I was already starting Kirk Cousins in my big money league and I just couldn't start him again here. Already had way too much riding on him playing well.

But I'd stupidly forgotten Derek Carr had died a month ago. Cost myself 23 points right there and another 15 by idiotically trusting C-Mike when multiple NFL teams had given up on him. I deserve to lose. 

Anyway, Jace, looks like you're gonna go into MNF with a 10 point lead and I'd be shocked if Marvin Jones gets that with A.J. McCarron throwing him the ball against the Broncos secondary. Hopefully can at least make it tense. 

Let the hate flow through you, Aquib Talib and Chris Harris, and my journey towards the Experts League will be complete! :)

Watch the first play from scrimmage be a 55 yard TD pass to Marvin Jones that gives Jaime the win. :P

Does anyone know the write up for how people get into Experts now? I didn't think it was as easy as winning a league...but my brain is fried.  :/ 

I think we're just gonna have to collectively decide on an approach because there's JJ's approach giving points based on your finish across multiple leagues or there's the way we traditionally have done it where getting in required winning a league and there was a hierarchy of which league champions got first dibs though people disagreed on what those were.

I still like the notion of having to win a league to get in - feels more appropriate in a conquering champion kinda way. Also doesn't bias in favor of people playing in multiple leagues quite as much as the points method.

If we stick with that method, from the leagues I'm aware of, we'll have Experts candidates from W-A, W-B and possibly W-C if Jace holds on against me. So, likely, at least 3 candidates. Do we have any others? And were Howdy, JJ or Dracarys able to protect their spot anywhere with a league win? 

Mya, I don't know that anything was finalized - there was a lot of discussion of complicated methods of points and/or ranking.

At the time, I think Westeros A was bumped down in "importance" even though  it is a competitive auction league with expanded rosters. So we'll see.

Gotcha both. I'm happy to have new blood (and old blood) come back into Experts, I just didn't know if we knew how it was going to work. :) 

Jaim, I don't think any of them could hold their spot. 

Week, I think the issue with A was that it was an invite only league? I don't know if my memory serves right there. I'd love to have a consensus from everyone as to what it takes to be in Experts now, though. 

If we stick with that method, from the leagues I'm aware of, we'll have Experts candidates from W-A, W-B and possibly W-C if Jace holds on against me. So, likely, at least 3 candidates. Do we have any others? And were Howdy, JJ or Dracarys able to protect their spot anywhere with a league win? 

I'm probably going to win Westeros Open, which was run by HowdyPhillip.  I have about a 50 point lead against grozeng going into the Monday night game (I have Emmanuel Sanders left and he has Jeremy Hill).  

It was an overflow league with settings the same as or very similar to the Experts league.  I think the expanded roster and point scoring were the same, but I'm not sure whether the waiver wire was handled the same.  We used a rolling list rather than bidding for players from a pool of cash.

ETA: It was also an auction league.

Does anyone know the write up for how people get into Experts now? I didn't think it was as easy as winning a league...but my brain is fried.  :/ 

Scured? ;)

I thought that the bottom 2 of Experts got dropped, and the champs of the feeder leagues got invited to replace them. At least that's the impression I've been under since I started playing with you guys.

If I lose tonight or don't make the cut for some other reason I won't be too upset. I like the sound of it, but to be honest I'd get mauled.

Archived