Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

Scured? ;)

I thought that the bottom 2 of Experts got dropped, and the champs of the feeder leagues got invited to replace them. At least that's the impression I've been under since I started playing with you guys.

If I lose tonight or don't make the cut for some other reason I won't be too upset. I like the sound of it, but to be honest I'd get mauled.

:D

Not at all, hahaha. It's actually the bottom 3 who get Jaxomed. ;) 

i believe the big thing was figuring out what leagues would serve as "feeders." I guess we lost that with the great board migration-purge thing.

I was mainly asking because there had to be someone with a better memory than myself, and since our commish got the Jaxom, I wasn't sure if anyone else remembered.

(by anyone, I mainly mean Bronn. Any memories on that, Bronner?)

I don't believe we ever had concensus on which leagues went in which order.   Though A was not going to be a top rung to get in based on its invite only nature, as folks who drop out of it are replaced by the whim and desire of the commissioner for it. B and C, along with Open and Outlaw being the four main leagues.  Dynasty was the next level.  I think the idea of ranking places with points was to be an idea for tie breakers.

Congrats Jace. As expected Marvin Jones did not do enough. 

Ok, so here's my understanding of potential Experts candidates for 3 open slots:

W-A: Week

W-B: Hugorfonics

W-C: Jace

Open: Mudguard

Who won Outlaw? And do any of the above not want to be considered for Experts? 

If W-A is not a feeder league, can re-evaluate. 

Congrats Jace. As expected Marvin Jones did not do enough. 

Ok, so here's my understanding of potential Experts candidates for 3 open slots:

W-A: Week

W-B: Hugorfonics

W-C: Jace

Open: Mudguard

Who won Outlaw? And do any of the above not want to be considered for Experts? 

If W-A is not a feeder league, can re-evaluate. 

Thanks. To be the AFC South of the league and win it all is a dream come true.

We never had consensus.  We had a ruling from the Commish - JJ.  A point system IS being used this year.  The exact details of it escape me now and I didn't record it.  But points WILL be awarded for first place, second place and third place finishes.  The points for 2nd and 3rd are small enough to where it would take at least two and probably 3-4 runner up finishes to overcome a league with a ten point gap in the award for 1st.  And never forget, there is always commissioner discretion on the invitations - nobody gets in automatically (think of this as the OsRavan rule).

The whole point of the point system was that there not be magic leagues.  The travesty we were avoiding, and I do think it was a travesty, was a few years ago when I won four of the top seven feeder leagues and only got in because someone turned down an invitation.  Anyone who wins two leagues belongs in Experts.

I do recall that the top two leagues for points were W2 and W3.  Open might be 3rd.  I am quite sure that Survivor (won by Boiled Leather) is low on the totem pole.

In the leagues I ran, Thunderdome was won by WJ, with Mya 2nd and myself 3rd.  Survivor was won by Boiled Leather, 2nd for Jaxom and third for myself.  I don't believe either of these will have Experts implications.

Lastly, any whingeing about "people in multiple leagues blah blah blah" can talk to my hand as far as I am concerned.

The person who only has time for one league is NOT the one I want in Experts.  That person is FAR FAR more likely to miss drafts, fail to set lineups and fail to respond to trade offers in a timely fashion.  Give me the active player every time.

And if you join multiple leagues then flake on the ones you aren't doing well in, well that is where commish discretion comes into play and an invite should not be extended.

Unless everyone plans on agreeing with me (not bloody likely), complete consensus is impossible.  I've thought about this a LOT and my convictions are VERY strongly held.

Fair point Bronn on actively wanting people in multiple leagues in Experts. Alright so here's JJ's point system:

My proposal for a point system to determine inclusion into Experts for the upcoming year.

Thunderdome:

1st- 100 points

WJ (already in Experts)

2nd- 50 points

Mya (already in Experts)

3rd- 25 points

Bronn (already in Experts)

Westeros C:

1st- 85 points

Jace

2nd- 30 points 

Jaime (already in Experts)

3rd- 15 points  

Braavosi Facelessmen - can't recall who this is? 

Westeros B:

1st- 75 points

Hugorfonics

2nd- 20 points

Pyro

3rd- 10 points

???

Outlaw:

1st- 75 points 

???

2nd- 20 points 

???

3rd- 10 points 

???

Westeros A:

1st- 70 points 

Week

2nd- 15 points 

POTN (already in Experts)

3rd- 10 points 

Jaime (already in Experts)

Survivor and Dynasty:

1st- 50 points 

BL

2nd- 10 points 

Jaxom

3rd- 5 points 

Bronn (already in Experts)

Any other board leagues that spring up will be taken into consideration for inclusion by current Experts members.

If you play in more than 2 leagues, only your top two will be added to your total.

Current Experts members that are eliminated, will automatically earn the right to stay if they finish first in A, B, C, Outlaw, or Thunderdome.

Experts members please give me your thoughts on this.

He didn't listen Open league but would assume it'd be rated the same as Outlaw/W-A.

If so, the first 3 in are Jace, Hugorfonics and Mudguard. If the winner of Outlaw wants consideration, they should weigh in. And if anyone doesn't accept the invite, then it goes to Week. 

I ended up winning Outlaw somehow. I would like to be considered if that is cool.

Absolutely. 

So if we use the point system, Jace is in. 

Then Hugorfonics, Mudguard and Fuentez have the same points but there's only 2 spots left. Any 2nd or 3rd place finishes I'm not aware of that can help distinguish?

Congrats to Fuentes for winning Outlaw. I do believe that league is on par with Westeros A as it has guaranteed returning slots to it. 2nd place went to Yronwood Bloodroyals, and I had my only decent finish this year at 3rd.

Westeros Open is in the same category as B and C and is equal in points in that there are no ivites to these leagues. These three should be primary feeding leagues. Since there are three regulations in Experts, the winner of these three leagues should get in, unless someone doubled up in winning the other leagues. Dreadfort Direwolves won this year, and for the life of me, I can not recall his username here. I have sent him an email. 

I just saw Jaime's post...

Westeros Open

1st - 85 points Dreadfort Direwolves

2nd - 30 points Grozeng 

3rd - 15 points Boiled Leather

Westeros Outlaw 

1st - 70 points Fuentes

2nd - 15 points Yronwood Bloodroyals

3rd - 10 points Howdyphillip 

According to my calculations, Jace, Hugorfonics, and the user who played dreadfort direwolves should be invited to Experts.

I'm the Dreadfort Direwolves.  Thanks for running the league Howdy.

If I'm in the top 3 when a consensus is reached on the point scoring, I'd like a spot in Experts.

:cheers: Good game. Have you read the Yahoo recap? It basically just repeats 13 times how much better your team is than mine.

Maybe for the season though your team caught fire in the playoffs. I mean if FFL was fair, Bronn would've won the whole thing as the best team in that league. 

But Angry Doug Baldwin was determined that you win that league and he made it so. 

Congrats to Jace, Mudguard, and Hugorfonics!!! 

Oh, so if Outlaw is like W-A then it gives us a rationale to go ahead with those 3.

Welcome as well guys. Well-earned.

Jace and Mudguard have both expressed interest. Hugor, please confirm if you want an invite to Experts next season. 

Archived