Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

So... booted from one of the leagues for not making a post in a forum I never check in the off season... I guess I was given 5 full days though, seems fair...

Sorry man - wasn't intentional.  I enjoyed playing in a league with you last year.  Westeros B and C have always been first come, first serve.  I thought people wanted it that way. 

I've thought about running a 4th league this year, and if I do, I'll make sure to invite you.

Question for people in general - would you guys prefer to have every league have continuity from year to year?  With league members from the prior year getting a right of first refusal before opening it up to other people?  I was under the impression that people liked having some leagues be completely open, but maybe I was wrong on that. 

Sorry man - wasn't intentional.  I enjoyed playing in a league with you last year.  Westeros B and C have always been first come, first serve.  I thought people wanted it that way. 

I've thought about running a 4th league this year, and if I do, I'll make sure to invite you.

Question for people in general - would you guys prefer to have every league have continuity from year to year?  With league members from the prior year getting a right of first refusal before opening it up to other people?  I was under the impression that people liked having some leagues be completely open, but maybe I was wrong on that. 

At least for me, you weren't wrong.  I think the way things are now, with a mix of both "open" and "closed", is probably the most workable :dunno:  

I plan on sticking around so continuity is fine with me.

Personally, if A B and C are all feeding Experts, I'd rather not see people running multiple teams in the same structure, assuming they could be filled otherwise.  And have some more continuity year over year might also be nice.

I'm in for Outlaw if there is space. Thunderdome of course. This is the year I have to bludgeon my way back into Experts.

I'm up for a couple others.

PM me you email and I will send you an invite... I tried PMing you, but your box is full.

WJ,

I am already in Experts, or I would be a bit more ticked about being excluded in this way. If you are going to feed the top leagues, you really should start by inviting the people who played in the last season first. Give it some time from there, and fill any open slots after that. This is what I did with Westeros Outlaw...

I did not think A, B, C etc were feeders to Experts. They have been around for a few years buts Experts would need to revise how new players are filtered in for that to happen; not sure if those players are ready to initiate any changes at this time with its history.

Personally, I think it would be nice to send messages to the prior year's members in any league to see if they want to keep their spot. This could be done on the first day of training camp, usually late July and if no response is received by Aug 10 or another date that gives at least a week's notice, open it up to first come.

I also would prefer a limit to the number of Westeros leagues each person can join to give others a fair chance to participate...say max of 2 excluding Experts and if in Experts already a max of one feeder league. That way there is a continual working your way up mentality created.

I like the idea of the non-feeder leagues serving as a type of minor leagues to allow those winners to get first crack at joining a feeder league and subsequently Experts.

Just my 2 cents.

I did not think A, B, C etc were feeders to Experts. They have been around for a few years buts Experts would need to revise how new players are filtered in for that to happen; not sure if those players are ready to initiate any changes at this time with its history.

Personally, I think it would be nice to send messages to the prior year's members in any league to see if they want to keep their spot. This could be done on the first day of training camp, usually late July and if no response is received by Aug 10 or another date that gives at least a week's notice, open it up to first come.

I also would prefer a limit to the number of Westeros leagues each person can join to give others a fair chance to participate...say max of 2 excluding Experts and if in Experts already a max of one feeder league. That way there is a continual working your way up mentality created.

I like the idea of the non-feeder leagues serving as a type of minor leagues to allow those winners to get first crack at joining a feeder league and subsequently Experts.

Just my 2 cents.

Last year, Westeros A,B, C, and Outlaw were considered feeder leagues to Experts.with Outlaw being regulated to only feeding if A B and C had Experts Champions. Why this was, I am not so sure. Something about how Outlaw is not an expanded roster. 

If this is how we are going to continue doing things, I would like to see everyone invited back to play in A,B,C, and Outlaw with the possible exception of the two last place finishers from those leagues. This would leave 8 slots open a year for new players.

If there is enough demand, and this can be agreed on, I wouldn't mind opening up a couple of other new leagues also that could be used to feed A,B,C, and Outlaw,,,,

There should be a consensus on actual feeder leagues. They're used to be 1, 2, 3 plus the Thunderdome and eventually dynasty. Those were the usual leagues. After those, then any additional leagues were looked at beyond that.

Fairly sure that for the most part, most of WJ leagues have been first come first serve including all of the old feeder leagues minus Thunderdome? At least that's what I can remember from the past 7 years of participating. 

Yes. But they're only a couple years old. A through C that is.

If feeder leagues are going to be filed first come first served then there should be a spread of the order if those leagues.

A through C can't be the first three feeder leagues if there are six more to fill need. Particularly if people get shut out of A through C through no fault if their own.

Actually, as WJ runs A as invitation only, that should not be a primary feeder to Experts, in my opinion.

If feeder leagues are going to be filed first come first served then there should be a spread of the order if those leagues.
A through C can't be the first three feeder leagues if there are six more to fill need. Particularly if people get shut out of A through C through no fault if their own.
Actually, as WJ runs A as invitation only, that should not be a primary feeder to Experts, in my opinion.

Agreed with your point as to A. It's almost like a second experts league. Feeder leagues should be public, IMO.

Yea but he ran 1-3 before A-C started up and they were always first come first serve with A being an exception. Don't think A should be a feeder either as it doesn't really seem meant for that.

Yeah, I think that's appropriate.

Is someone running Thunderdome this year? Would like to stay in that if I haven't already forfeited my spot.

Yea but he ran 1-3 before A-C started up and they were always first come first serve with A being an exception. Don't think A should be a feeder either as it doesn't really seem meant for that.

Ten years ago there were fewer people playing. The feeder leagues worked. WJ did run 1-3, but then he took a year off. But who runs them is irrelevant.

Feeder leagues shouldn't be based on importance on the order in which they were started up. That's what I'm trying to say.

Archived