GoT cast Ian McShane for season 6! Who you got?

Ser Falione

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/01/game-thrones-ian-mcshane

Here's what I took of note from that article: 

"We can tell you, however, that sources say McShane has a relatively small amount of screen-time during the season, yet his character is of key importance."

To me, I would give my guess for The Damphair, Aeron Greyjoy. If rumors are true and Euron and Victarion are to make an appearance for next season, it would make sense for Aeron to be included, even for one episode. He would add another character (and more character) to the Greyjoy storyline. 

P.S. He was in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie so thats something. 

Anyways, who do you think Ian McShane will be playing in season 6. 

*mumbles about the show not deserving such good actors.*

Anyhoo, I think Randyll Tarly. He's just right for the part and it fits the small role but key part description. 

"The show’s tight-lipped production will not reveal any details about McShane’s character, who’s coming on board for the most mysterious season yet. Thrones is preparing to dive headlong into narrative territory not yet revealed in author George R.R. Martin’s novels (and despite that opening sentence, McShane’s character could theoretically appear in Westeros or Essos or somewhere in between)."

I think this rules out Euron, or anyone else that has been covered in the books. That means perhaps he'll play Tarly. 

Randyll Tarly is totally this guy.

I hope he throws in a few "CS"'s for old times, Deadwood sake.  (Note- CS is a stand-in for the most favorite expletive term in Deadwood and hilarious when coming from them 24/7 in the shows.  Even better when prefaced by the words "San Francisco CS"

McShane totally strikes me as the type who threatened to kill Sam and claim he fell off his horse and bumped his head.

I think Randyll Tarly. He's just right for the part and it fits the small role but key part description. 

Who ever he plays its going to be an old character not some one dynamic. Ian's a little over the hill for that. If Randyll defends Margaery it's not going to be Ian is it? Although I would like to see him kick Robert Strongs ass.

Wow...amazing, I was just watching Sexxy Beast on HBO the other day and he was amazing in Deadwood. 

The guy oozes charisma and plays baddies very well. I would guess either Euron or an aged up Mad King.

How is Randyll Tarley described in the book? I'd picture him to be younger and fatter, someone like Lord Whitehill in the Telltale games.

Actually, he is described as lean, balding and with a grey beard.

It's just hard for me to see Ian McShane playing someone who is the father of Sam. Though they might not cast someone as fat as Sam, I think for that role they're at least going to cast someone who is stocky / large boned and round, someone like the actor who played Janos Slynt. Be weird if they cast a tall, thin, well proportioned guy for Sam's dad. 

Archived