What would Stannis really have done with Sansa, had he won the BotB?

Felguy

I mean, I hope he would just install her/let her return to Winterfell at some point . But knowing Stannis...

Not sure if Robb would want to fight Stannis, probably not. So Sansa returning might be as simple as having Robb stop his campaign and he would return her.

To be fair I don't remember the exact time line so maybe I am confusing things here. :P

In the books, if he had won The Blackwater battle then he would have used Sansa to get Robb to join his cause

In the show, if he had won The Winterfell battle, he would have given Sansa to Jon in exchange for the food and shelter

In the books, if he had won The Blackwater battle then he would have used Sansa to get Robb to join his cause

In the show, if he had won The Winterfell battle, he would have given Sansa to Jon in exchange for the food and shelter

But his cause would be achieved if he had won ;D He would have the IT

i would assume he would treat her well for the most part. that is as long as robb bent the knee and surrendered his claim as king of the north. hed likely hold sansa as a hostage, not in a cell but not free to leave her room either, and when robb showed up to swear fealty he would then release sansa. 

stannis might have some weird kind of justice in mind for robb declaring himself king in the first place (i doubt it would be anything drastic though) but hes also not stupid. he knows robb went off to war to rescue ned and that ned was killed because he supported stannis' claim. he would still see the reason behind robbs actions and that sansa was pretty much a lannister hostage after king robert died.

He would send her home.

Sansa has done nothing wrong and Stannis won't hold her responsible for her brother's actions. Nor would he have taken her hostage in honorable action after Robb was crowned, but due to Lannister treachery, and he won't want to profit of that.

Also, goodwill.

But knowing Stannis...

Knowing Stannis!?

Haha, I admire you. I mean, do we even read the same books.

Tell me, knowing Stannis, what did he do to Asha Greyjoy? Her father crowned himself, so what's so different in regards to Sansa's case?

What? 

Did he burn her? What did he do to her?

Jeez

Knowing Stannis!?

Haha, I admire you. I mean, do we even read the same books.

Tell me, knowing Stannis, what did he do to Asha Greyjoy? Her father crowned himself, so what's so different in regards to Sansa's case?

What? 

Did he burn her? What did he do to her?

Jeez

Maybe, just maybe you can react less like I attacked your grandmother and more as a rational human being.

It was an error on my side. 

Can you please calm down before you get a heart attack?

Wouldn't have come to that. Cersei would have had Ser Ilyn kill Sansa.

But say that didn't happen, I'm thinking Stannis uses her as leverage towards Robb, but doesn't harm her.

I know but didn't Sansa go to her room and lock herself up?

And what is that supposed to mean?

She could have held out in there, would take Payne several minutes to get through the door.

But then they are in the red keep.... anyway, the Hound was there and I think he would protect her.

If he would still be there that is.

I agree with the majority that Stannis would have kept her hostage to make Robb bend the knee. If Stannis had won the war and Lannisters were defeated, Catelyn would try convincing Robb to take Stannis as their King, because that was Ned's intention too. But Umber and Co may not be too pleased with this, and who knows what Robb's young blood would make him do?

If Melisandre was with Stannis though, it would have been 'such princess, much king's blood, dragons, wow'.

If Melisandre was with Stannis though, it would have been 'such princess, much king's blood, dragons, wow'.

If Stannis is the rightful King then  Sansa is not a Princess.

Most likely Sansa becomes and "honoured Guest " - free to move about a large area but not to leave Kings Landing.

Presumably Stannis wins becuase Tywin and Loras dont show up ,so Stannis knows he has a big battle ahead and he needs allies. 

A raven addressed to Catelyn assuring her of Sansa's safety would get the ball rolling. 

Also it can be assumed that Tywin takes the Tyrell army to deal with Robb, so Robb may not be in a victorious position at this time and willing to swear fealty to Stannis.

If Stannis is the rightful King then  Sansa is not a Princess.

No more than Mance's son was a prince. Sansa is descended from the kings of Winter, she has more kingsblood than any Targaryen. She devoutly follows the Old Gods and the Seven. That alone is a reason to burn her for a fanatic like melisandre. (I don't think Mel was serious about burning Mance's son, anyway).

"Stannis keeps his men well in hand". After they defeated an army of 100,000 wildlings, only three women were raped, and all three rapists were gelded. If that is what happens when Stannis's men are let loose with wildling women, I bet they will know better than to dishonor valuable hostages of the Red Keep and definitely not the Princess of North. I think a man like Stannis would have given explicit instructions not to hurt any women of the city or the offender will pay dearly for his crime. There is always a chance that some battle-crazed man would rape a pretty girl no matter who she is, but that chance is very low considering the commander of army is Stannis Baratheon.

Not to mention that the support of the north would be something Stannis needs as with it comes the Riverlands also.So he wouldn't take any chances with attacking Maegors.

Archived