Who do you want to get to know better in the next book?

Logicsbane

Ser Balon Swann.

I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to people who genuinely enjoyed Arys Oakheart's single POV in AFFC, and in general I enjoy reading about the knightly characters in the story and the conflict between keeping their vows and doing the right thing. I enjoyed Brienne, Jaime and Barristan's POV's for the same reasons. So, if we're allowed another window into the head of another character with a  similar mindset, even if it is a brief one, I would be pretty stoked. Areo Hotah isn't really designed to be an interesting character by himself, but his role as window into the events surrounding Doran Martell and Dorne obviously makes him pretty important (for the time being). I feel weird saying I am eagerly awaiting Areo's Winds chapters in relation to Swann, Obara Sand and Darkstar.

My main secondary character has to be Myranda Royce; she is fun and feisty and possibly very grey... loved the  Septa woman flirting with Tyrion too; have zero interest in Faegon (perfect and bland plus entitled lol) and Jon Con though; to me personally only the Septa was interesting or personable (mind you even in real life have huge problems with people who are not personable or capable of engaging...) mind you love Jorah Mormont and by my own definition he is a bit like that too but he caught my attention somewhat.  Jorah unlike Jon C came across well and, I have to admit, under-developed characters don't often get my attention (minor and under-developed not being the same); for some reason I really dislike Aegon; possibly just a clash of personalities there lol  I would definitely like to hear more from Varys, say....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any of the Dayne's - There's too much we don't know about them yet 

Rhaegar - While we've heard so much about it him I still want to know more

Euron - What happened to this guy when he was a kid, what happened when he went to Valyria, what's going to happen to him now

Marwyn - What's he up to

Quaithe - who is she?

Lyanna Stark - What actually happened at Harrenhal, then back at winterfell and the ToJ. I guess this is where we will find out more about Ned too

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Quaithe! So intrigued by that character, who's side is she on? How did she get her powers? And what other powers we haven't seen yet does she have?

Then there is of course Jaquen... Why is he at the citadel? And did he expect or even wanted Arya to go to Braavos to learn from the Faceless Man? Or was the coin just a way of saying "thanks - now goodbye".

I'm very interested in the Maesters of the Citadel in general. What do they know and what do they plan to do with that knowledge? Or are they just going to sit around?

Also looking forward to some more chapters from Melisandre's POV!

Edit: Forgot the Daynes... Quite fascinated by their sword and the connection to Ned..

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG, last I posted in this thread (although okay I had two goes and somewhat repeated myself lol) I have to say that the magical ones have caught my interest more now (including Euron, who I believe either has magical skills already or is about to "attempt" to get huge ones).  However, I think this will invariably left until ADOS for obvious reasons, and because I think Winds will start seriously dealing with the politics of the living (although it sounds as nowhere near where we need to be to concentrate on magic and reconstruction after?) so I reckon most of the magic will be left for Spring.

Still I think we will learns quite a bit about Euron, Marwyn, some more on Mel, the Citadel in general.  Hopefully Quaithe, the Faceless...

I expect that towards the end of the book Euron is going to try to pull out some huge stuff that may or may not fire on him but will on Planetos and it shan't be good!  Who will seriously back him though?  I don't mean Cersei or something; he may bed her and take her money and throne or whatever but, although I used to think that his intentions about becoming some kind of deity were tinfoil, I am not longer so sure...  At what point, probably influenced by the show in previous seasons, I thought that Bran had fucked up and that could bring the Wall done accidentally.  Now, I reckon Euron and some horn will play a part.  Also, Quaithe, I just get the shivers with her....  I have just commented on another old post and if she is not serving some deity, she is one herself or not far of it.  Being from Essos, I would assume on a page with Mel but I think, whether it is because Mel has been more in contact with normal people or whatever, Quaithe is not on the same page.  Probably not even serving the same God... I would definitely like to know more about it.

Also, although a lot of people think the Citadel are being mean about preventing knowledge of magic wide spreading and I can see the likes of Sam and Tyrion protesting, I reckon they have good reason.

The Others, of course, but again I think we will get drip drops and the final reveal cannot happen until the end.

Archived