Logicsbane

Who do you want to get to know better in the next book?

75 posts in this topic

Ser Balon Swann.

I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to people who genuinely enjoyed Arys Oakheart's single POV in AFFC, and in general I enjoy reading about the knightly characters in the story and the conflict between keeping their vows and doing the right thing. I enjoyed Brienne, Jaime and Barristan's POV's for the same reasons. So, if we're allowed another window into the head of another character with a  similar mindset, even if it is a brief one, I would be pretty stoked. Areo Hotah isn't really designed to be an interesting character by himself, but his role as window into the events surrounding Doran Martell and Dorne obviously makes him pretty important (for the time being). I feel weird saying I am eagerly awaiting Areo's Winds chapters in relation to Swann, Obara Sand and Darkstar.

Garlan Tyrell, Willas Tyrell, Melisandre, Mance Rayder, Moqorro, Euron Greyjoy, Bloodraven, Quaithe, Varys, Illyrio Mopatis, Aegon Targaryen, Littlefinger and so many others...

Edited by Goldhands

My main secondary character has to be Myranda Royce; she is fun and feisty and possibly very grey... loved the  Septa woman flirting with Tyrion too; have zero interest in Faegon (perfect and bland plus entitled lol) and Jon Con though; to me personally only the Septa was interesting or personable (mind you even in real life have huge problems with people who are not personable or capable of engaging...) mind you love Jorah Mormont and by my own definition he is a bit like that too but he caught my attention somewhat.  Jorah unlike Jon C came across well and, I have to admit, under-developed characters don't often get my attention (minor and under-developed not being the same); for some reason I really dislike Aegon; possibly just a clash of personalities there lol  I would definitely like to hear more from Varys, say....

Edited by Morgana Lannister

Garlan Tyrell, always want to know what are Tyrells doing.

Euron! That is one crazy m'fer right there and hence makes for great reading.

Other candidates would include Connington and Doran.

Like many, Euron. But I think we will have plenty of that.

Val. I hope she is more than what GRRM has given us until now.

9 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Like many, Euron. But I think we will have plenty of that.

Val. I hope she is more than what GRRM has given us until now.

Yeah hes certainly interesting.

Some mystery characters I know little about:

- Melisandre

- maester Marwyn

- Euron Greyjoy

Some character we already know, but I'd love to see their potential

- Arianne Martell

- Sansa Stark

- Stannis Baratheon

- Jon Connington

Some random minor character

- the Glover brothers

- Myranda Royce

Any of the Dayne's - There's too much we don't know about them yet 

Rhaegar - While we've heard so much about it him I still want to know more

Euron - What happened to this guy when he was a kid, what happened when he went to Valyria, what's going to happen to him now

Marwyn - What's he up to

Quaithe - who is she?

Lyanna Stark - What actually happened at Harrenhal, then back at winterfell and the ToJ. I guess this is where we will find out more about Ned too

Yes Quaithe! So intrigued by that character, who's side is she on? How did she get her powers? And what other powers we haven't seen yet does she have?

Then there is of course Jaquen... Why is he at the citadel? And did he expect or even wanted Arya to go to Braavos to learn from the Faceless Man? Or was the coin just a way of saying "thanks - now goodbye".

I'm very interested in the Maesters of the Citadel in general. What do they know and what do they plan to do with that knowledge? Or are they just going to sit around?

Also looking forward to some more chapters from Melisandre's POV!

Edit: Forgot the Daynes... Quite fascinated by their sword and the connection to Ned..

Edited by Lot Seven
Forgot someone :o