Fear the Walking Dead: Our hopes and dreams for the Series. (Now Spoiler Friendly).

Alia of the knife

Both the show and the comics seem to pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist.  There hasn't been even so much as a small boat or a large ship from the outside that has stumbled upon the shores.  Which is something one would expect in a fictional apocalyptic world unless the authors just don't care about what's happening outside of the main group.  

To be fair, in the Walking dead and the comics, they are in rural georgia, and they meet many groups of people. Having a random ship appear out of no where would feel forced.

As for the new show, it's only been 1 episode but it would fit much more and it could actually be a nice twist eventually. Unsuspecting tourists or something on a boat coming to shore and seeing everything happening....i like it.

Well to be fair, our group has barely seen what's going on beyond their immediate environment, let alone on the coasts of the continent.

But in any case, your idea got me wondering. Maybe the clue is in the title of the new series itself. "Fear" the Walking Dead. Maybe this fear turns into a full scale panic, where people start murdering any suspected infected persons, only for these murdered people to turn into zombies, making the fearful survivors murder even more suspects, and so on and so forth. I suspect not everyone will learn early on that you need a headshot to kill the zombies for good.

They were in a major city, a city that would have been globally important.  The only thing they found was a single CDC official, some bands of survivors and a random helicopter.  Jenner at the CDC made short mention of the fact that the virus was global and that communications had been down.  Beyond that, nothing.  No interest whatsoever on what's going on outside of their group.  ((Comic spoilers below.))  It's almost impossible that there isn't a single functioning government left and also unlikely that no one has seen so much as a plane fly over the major areas they've passed through.  Those in Alexandria should have seen something seeing as they live a stone's throw from what was the world's most powerful capital city.  What about radios?  Somehow in all these years they've managed to not run into anyone who has heard from someone abroad. I've always taken this as the show and comics want us to ignore that the rest of the word even existed.  

I agree that it's going to turn into a full scale panic.  I listed different groups of people that would lead it to a full panic.  In the mother show, it's always been that the living humans are the worst adversaries.  

To be fair, in the Walking dead and the comics, they are in rural georgia, and they meet many groups of people. Having a random ship appear out of no where would feel forced.

As for the new show, it's only been 1 episode but it would fit much more and it could actually be a nice twist eventually. Unsuspecting tourists or something on a boat coming to shore and seeing everything happening....i like it.

In the comics,[spoiler] they've been in Alexandria for several years and they've been trading with communities in the area and they've set sail their own boat.  When I last left off, they still hadn't encountered anyone else from outside the country nor did they seem particularly interested to look. [/spoiler]

You would think that if the sickness has been seen in other states, then there would be videos, news and understanding that biting and/or death result in zombies.

TV news usually has contradicting reports/useless information/bad information. 

Add to that the amount of people that wouldn't kill their family members, hiding them and then they turn. The amount of people in hospitals that can die on the floor (potentially turning around a lot of doctors and nurses that aren't trained at zombie killing), etc. 

It's pretty easy to see how it can become a global thing, especially since it's air born so anybody who dies, turns.

In the comics,[spoiler] they've been in Alexandria for several years and they've been trading with communities in the area and they've set sail their own boat.  When I last left off, they still hadn't encountered anyone else from outside the country nor did they seem particularly interested to look. [/spoiler]

Oh i have not reached that part yet in the comics, i'm months behind.

TV news usually has contradicting reports/useless information/bad information. 

Add to that the amount of people that wouldn't kill their family members, hiding them and then they turn. The amount of people in hospitals that can die on the floor (potentially turning around a lot of doctors and nurses that aren't trained at zombie killing), etc. 

It's pretty easy to see how it can become a global thing, especially since it's air born so anybody who dies, turns.

I can totally see how it could become a global thing. I was just thinking that everyone in California would know what was going on if it was the 5th or 6th state affected.

Archived