Westeros Experts League 2015

JJ Lannister

Thanks for figuring that out and typing it up, Amryc. 

It makes about as much sense as my notes for my last exam tomorrow morning do right now. :P but I appreciate the write up. I also thought I didn't have a chance in hell of coming back in this week's match up. 

So looks like I may be OK based on power rankings.  Shouldn't even be an issue if I was not stupid and second guessed myself a couple of times where I made changes (or forgot to make changes) that directly led to two of my losses.

But if Big Ben keeps putting up TDs that can only help me.

Big letdown by Moncrief, and as a result, looks like Dracarys is out.  Unless Jordan Reed fumbles and is then knocked out of a game.  What's hilarious is that the Yahoo projections have decided that there is actually a 10% chance of that happening in their world.  :lol:  Not sure if that reflects worse on Jordan Reed or on Yahoo.

Crazy last week. Never seen an Experts season where coming into week 13, 5 teams (half the league!) could very reasonably either make the playoffs or get Jaxomed depending on how the week went. It's also the most brutal Experts season I can recall in terms of overall competitiveness top to bottom. What's great about Experts is this league has been around 9 years so there's a ton of data points. And there's nice round numbers that exist for overall quality of teams based on total points scored. Basically the cliff notes version is:

2,000+ points - Elite team 

1,900+ points - Very good team - virtually guaranteed playoff berth 

1,800+ points - Good team - solid chance for a playoff berth. If not, very rarely Jaxomed

1,700+ points - OK team - maybe sneaks into the playoffs, maybe gets Jaxomed

1,200-1,700 points - On the Jaxoming block

This year, we had 2 teams get over that 2,000 point threshold - congrats to Mya and WJ for putting together monster teams. We also had 4 teams score over 1,900 points (me, POTN, Groz and Dracarys) and brutally 2 missed the playoffs: Groz and Dracarys. Only 1 team in 9 years had ever missed the playoffs despite scoring 1,900+ points. And harshest of all, Dracarys put up the highest score ever of a team to get Jaxomed. Sorry, bud. Not an honor anyone wants.

Anyway: HP, JJ and Dracarys are now dead for Experts purposes. But each can win back their life by winning another Westeros League. Godspeed gentleman! 

Holy crap, I've been playing with you guys in this league for NINE years???

Gah. 

Thanks for the kudos. I'm pretty proud of this team, even if I was scared after the draft. ;) 

Sorry to Dracarys, JJ, and HP, and best of luck in other leagues to block your spot! It's definitely possible. :) 

Crazy last week. Never seen an Experts season where coming into week 13, 5 teams (half the league!) could very reasonably either make the playoffs or get Jaxomed depending on how the week went. It's also the most brutal Experts season I can recall in terms of overall competitiveness top to bottom. What's great about Experts is this league has been around 9 years so there's a ton of data points. And there's nice round numbers that exist for overall quality of teams based on total points scored. Basically the cliff notes version is:

1,800+ points - Good team - solid chance for a playoff berth. If not, very rarely Jaxomed

This year, we had 2 teams get over that 2,000 point threshold - congrats to Mya and WJ for putting together monster teams. We also had 4 teams score over 1,900 points (me, POTN, Groz and Dracarys) and brutally 2 missed the playoffs: Groz and Dracarys. Only 1 team in 9 years had ever missed the playoffs despite scoring 1,900+ points. And harshest of all, Dracarys put up the highest score ever of a team to get Jaxomed. Sorry, bud. Not an honor anyone wants.

Anyway: HP, JJ and Dracarys are now dead for Experts purposes. But each can win back their life by winning another Westeros League. Godspeed gentleman! 

I managed to hit the 2000 number in Westeros A - without the second tight end slot or the second defense.  And finished 4th :(

But one of my best Westeros regular seasons ever.  In the final four in Survivor, three byes and two playoffs.  No team failed to advance.  Now to see if I can even come close to 4 wins - my best post-season.

By the way, I am having computer problems these days.  Laptop crapped out a few weeks after desktop dropped a power supply.  My access will be intermittent at best.  To contact me, best to use the email a league feature, as I can read emails on my tablet, if not this forum.

Holy crap, I've been playing with you guys in this league for NINE years???

Gah. 

Thanks for the kudos. I'm pretty proud of this team, even if I was scared after the draft. ;) 

Sorry to Dracarys, JJ, and HP, and best of luck in other leagues to block your spot! It's definitely possible. :) 

It's the granddaddy of 'em all. Fun Fact: The inaugural season featured former boarders Henry Kissinger and HammerofGod

I managed to hit the 2000 number in Westeros A - without the second tight end slot or the second defense.  And finished 4th

Oh believe me, I noticed. Especially after you put up 222 points against me :P It's an absolute monster team, just got robbed late. Still don't hate my chances there. Especially with you and Week on the other side of the bracket. 

And if I don't switch out Brees the week he went crazy (or drop Rawls), I have over 2,000 points and would have been 7-6.  I can't believe I was so stupid.  If I did not second guess myself that week and did not drop Rawls later than I am 8-5.  I was such an idiot in this league.  And I would have 160 points or so this week if I were in the playoffs.  Stupid.

I put up 2,156 points in Westeros Open this year.  That team is doing well. But lost Rawls and Dalton today (luckily Dalton was my QB4 behind Palmer, Brady and Fitzpatrick).

• 2 weeks later...

So Yahoo has Jaime as a 65% favorite for the championship.

Once again confirming that Yahoo is a jerk.

I, for one, would like to commend Yahoo for its gentle wisdom and proper weighting of a 220 point performance. 

I, for one, would like to commend Yahoo for its gentle wisdom and proper weighting of a 220 point performance. 

Honestly can't blame Yahoo on this one.  We're pretty even at QB, and I have the edge at TE/DEF.  But our RB/WR matchups are basically the equivalent of the Browns vs. Steelers.

Awful day.  My entire team sucked. 

But it was a fun season. 

Congrats Jaime!  :cheers:

Thanks man! Gotta say, beating Ghost Hill makes this extra sweet. Really wanted this team to earn it. 

I was really nervous. We came into the day in a dead heat after being favored big pre Thursday/Saturday games.  And when Cam sucked, I was terrified of a vintage Russell Wilson performance in the late afternoon games so really wanted a nice stockpile of points. 

God Bless DeAngelo Williams and David Johnson for being so rock solid.  

If only I had made it to the finals...

Congrats Jaim! 

That's why I was definitely sure to schedule you the week prior :P It's crazy if you reach 200 points with both QBs sucking 

Looking forward to next year with you all (that aren't Jaxomed)!

I think closing the W-A season on a 12 game winning streak makes for a pretty strong Experts case. 

Archived