Westeros Experts League 2015

JJ Lannister

And so you have.  Pending trade between me and JJ.  His offer, which I accepted.

He gives up

Melvin Gordon

Cole Beasley

I give up

Derek Carr

Marques Colston

I think I win this one by a lot, despite the fact that I think Gordon will go down as the Ryan Leaf choice of the decade,

That having been said, Gordon is available.

For what it's worth: the notion that a trade is unbalanced because one person gets a lot of value from it is stupid. The obvious example is trading someone a defense when they have zero defenses on their roster (or any other convoluted example). The important thing is not whether or not one person gets a lot of value out of it - it's whether or not both people get value out of it, and potentially how much value they get out of it. 

Naturally, if WJ has like one QB on his roster worth a damn any trade involving a QB with a pulse - or in this case, also Alex Smith - will give him a lot of value. So what? 

Now that is an unbalanced trade.  But I've got no problem with it, because I think people should be free to run their own teams.

Looking forward to HP's response though.  If he's consistent, his head might explode.

I didn't have a chance to take a look at it because it was processed too fast. 

Was there 150 point discrepancy, because that was what your trade gave you?

Again, if this would have been one example, you might have had an argument, but my inbox was flooded last year from similar proposals. You seem to have a long history of flooding people with shitty trade proposals until someone bites. 

All these trades come down to how the people trading feel about them. Everyone values trades differently. That's why any trade that isn't collusion ( or an owner taking advantage of a player with an injury before the other owner knows about it ) will be allowed in my book. Unless there's an overwhelming vote against by the whole league. I think Gordon is a huge bust and wouldn't have played him this year unless I had to. That's my opinion, and hell yes i could be wrong. I think Colston has a good year and Carr has a chance to break out in some lopsided games. That's my view, and I feel my team is better because of the trade. When it comes to trading, if in your opinion you made the best deal for your team, then it's a good trade.

Just my take.

I think it is a perfectly valid strategy to omit a position from the draft and then trade for that slot if you believe that other owners have overspent on that slot before you managed to acquire a player.

In such circumstances, when you fill the position, the relative gain on the Evaluate Trade screen will be substantial, even if the values of the traded players are aligned.  As others have pointed out, there is nothing inherently impossible with having values to one team be greater than to another while overall values are the same.

But that isn't really the case here.  Despite WJs assertions, there are easily 30 WR ahead of Quick and closer to 45.  But all it takes is one buyer who thinks otherwise and WJ found him.  We've been down this road often enough on this forum to know that the consensus is that this is okay, and we all have to play by it.

Let it go.

Not sure what to tell you, Phil.  You've clearly got a personal issue with me.  Which is weird, because I barely know you outside of you being the guy who starts petty arguments over Walking Dead spoilers.

I knew something was strange when my leagues filled up quickly and you sent me a ranting PM accusing me of excluding you.  Tried to placate you, because I've got no interest in the drama.  But now you're bringing the crazy again, bitching about my deal while you ignore a much worse trade because it doesn't involve me.  You're using Yahoo analysis as a crutch (ignoring the context that 80% of the points I'm gaining are due to Yahoo's assumption that I didn't have a QB2 for the 2nd half of the season), instead of looking at things like your own dollar values or even draft costs.  Your posts reek of bias. 

I have no clue what brought you to this, and I don't really care.  You don't like my trade offers?  Whatever man, grow up.  Hit reject and move on.  It's fantasy football, not life or death. 

I suggest we just ignore each other for the rest of the season.  Hopefully you can manage that.  This is supposed to be fun.

I have no clue what brought you to this.

Probably because you are notorious for offering shitty trades and sending a PM about how marvelous the offer is. But Bronn is right, it only takes one to say yes and that's just how it goes.

I came back here to post the PM of me "ranting" at you WJ, but I had to clear out room in my inbox and I lost it. It most certainly was not a rant, but I guess that anytime someone questions your decisions, you take it as a personal attack. 

I am fine with just ignoring you, until you once again start spamming everyone for shitty trades. When this inevitably happens again, I will more than likely call that out as well.

I just hope that there is a large enough crowd here that will not feel pressured to accept your deals and we all ignore you.

Probably because you are notorious for offering shitty trades and sending a PM about how marvelous the offer is. But Bronn is right, it only takes one to say yes and that's just how it goes.

You forgot the part about not accepting that the party being offered the trade could and can actually disagree with the reasoning in why they NEED to make the trade. But you and Bronn are also correct that this is the bed that has been made.

Trading is fun. Negotiating is fun.

Not trading can be boring, or not boring depending on the needs of your team.
(I had a blast yesterday trading with JJ)

Trading and negotiating with you is the exact opposite of enjoyable.

It is reading long PMs about how your 5th string running back is a perfect fit for your team and that we should give up a
number one receiver for him.

The good news is that pretty much everyone is on to your game now...

Trading is fun. Negotiating is fun.

Not trading can be boring, or not boring depending on the needs of your team.
(I had a blast yesterday trading with JJ)

Trading and negotiating with you is the exact opposite of enjoyable.

It is reading long PMs about how your 5th string running back is a perfect fit for your team and that we should give up a
number one receiver for him.

The good news is that pretty much everyone is on to your game now...

If you don't like WJ's offers, just tell him you are not interested.  WJ then moves on and it is over.  But to just say you will never trade with him is dumb (and don't just leave him hanging because that is rude).  I have been just as critical of WJ's trades in the past and occasionally we still trade every once in awhile.  And it really is no use getting upset about.  There are always going to be people that will see worth in what WJ is offering and it is their prerogative to accept the offer.  There really is no way to get a trade vetoed in our leagues, so if you are in one of the Westeros leagues you will just have to accept that people will accept trades you think are really bad.  In fact, I am pretty sure WJ has never had a trade Vetoed.  I think I may be the only one vetoed to have one and it was in our Baseball leagues and I actually offered to give more in the trade and the other owner rejected me throwing in better players for the ones we ultimately decided on (so the Japanese fans of his team would be happy).  To my recollection WJ has made many trades like the one you are complaining about (and in my opinion worse - Curt Schilling and an injured superstar batter for Ruenvys Hernandez (who?) and some scrub batter is probably one of the worst I still remember) and not one has been vetoed.  So just enjoy the leagues for some friendly competition and a distraction and don't get upset over these things.  It makes the league a whole lot better.

And personal attacks and saying you won't trade with someone is really not productive.  Because you never know.

I am now off my soapbox.  Someone please take some of my WR3s for a WR2 please.  At this point I just want to make a trade.

If you don't like WJ's offers, just tell him you are not interested.  WJ then moves on and it is over.  But to just say you will never trade with him is dumb (and don't just leave him hanging because that is rude).  I have been just as critical of WJ's trades in the past and occasionally we still trade every once in awhile.  And it really is no use getting upset about.  There are always going to be people that will see worth in what WJ is offering and it is their prerogative to accept the offer.  There really is no way to get a trade vetoed in our leagues, so if you are in one of the Westeros leagues you will just have to accept that people will accept trades you think are really bad.  In fact, I am pretty sure WJ has never had a trade Vetoed.  I think I may be the only one vetoed to have one and it was in our Baseball leagues and I actually offered to give more in the trade and the other owner rejected me throwing in better players for the ones we ultimately decided on (so the Japanese fans of his team would be happy).  To my recollection WJ has made many trades like the one you are complaining about (and in my opinion worse - Curt Schilling and an injured superstar batter for Ruenvys Hernandez (who?) and some scrub batter is probably one of the worst I still remember) and not one has been vetoed.  So just enjoy the leagues for some friendly competition and a distraction and don't get upset over these things.  It makes the league a whole lot better.

And personal attacks and saying you won't trade with someone is really not productive.  Because you never know.

I am now off my soapbox.  Someone please take some of my WR3s for a WR2 please.  At this point I just want to make a trade.

You are right... At the end of the day, we are all just trying to have fun here. If I dampened anyone's enjoyment, then I apologize.

I just sent you a trade proposal. Alshon Jeffrey and C Patterson for TY Hilton and S Smith Sr.

What a great fantasy football matchup this week. It went down to the final minute of the early Monday night game. I was positive I was going to lose as my opponent had Sam Bradford and I only had a one point advantage with Darren Sproles active for me. Watching this game made me realize why I love playing fantasy so much.

• 1 month later...

Power Rankings

1) Prince of the North:  58-32

2) Mya:  57-33

3) Jaime:  52-38

4) Whiskeyjack:  49-41

Grozeng:  49-41

6) Bronn:  47-43

7) Bluray:  45-45

8) Dracarys:  43-47

9) J.J. Lannister:  28-62

10) HowdyPhillip:  22-68

Bluray is the luckiest team so far.  Leading the league with an 8-2 record, but only in 7th place with a .500 winning percentage in the power rankings.  And Groz still has the worst luck - a 4-6 record in spite of being 4th in power rankings.  Looks like a pretty good team will end up getting relegated out of me, Groz, Bronn, and Dracarys (currently Dracarys, but its close).

Archived