Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

No but I'd be disappointed if Ed and Peggy don't get their comeuppance.

Personally, I don't want them to die. I'm tired of seeing/watching people die violently. In all aspects of life. I'd prefer a different sort of karmic justice for those two. 

Personally, I don't want the to die. I'm tired of seeing people die violently. In all aspects of life. I'd prefer a different sort of karmic justice for those two. 

They don't necessarily have to die, they keep getting away and it is killing me. But if Peggy did it would be cool to see Ed actually become a hitman.  

One of the things that distressed me last season was the lighthearted way mass killings were treated.  Whatever the big shooting was last year (how soon we forget when there are so many of them, eh?), someone gunning down a group of innocent people, happened just before the episode in which Malvo goes to a building and walks through it, gunning people down.  I don't think we saw it, just heard it, but I found that distasteful to the extreme, and the gleeful, appreciative comments in the thread equally distasteful.

While some of the deaths this season have been presented with black humour, like the heavy sink pushed by Peggy on the thug coming to kill her, and trigger happy Dodd killing his own man, for the most part deaths were this season were quick and more or less justified.  Hanzee killing the store owner and the bartender, nothing glamorous or played for yucks.  I'm grateful we did not witness Constance being strangled.

I think fully-actualized Peggy is my favourite character. 

One thing that bugs me about Fargo is that all cops, everywhere, are apparently bumbling morons. Molly and Gus (and he was iffy) were the only useful ones in S1 and it's the same this time, but with Lou and Becker. I was even expecting one of the cops to turn traitor after that corruption bit. 

Freeman's narration in the beginning reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Heh, I thought it sounded like Jude Law and kept thinking of A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Aww I loved the season 1 scene where Malvo takes out the Fargo syndicate I don't think it was distasteful at all. 

Hahahahaha, I do remember you as one of the gleeful ones.

Just looking it up, I see that the episode Who Shaves the Barber? aired on May 27, 2014, and on May 23 Elliot Rodger stabbed and killed three men, shot and killed three women at a frat house then drove around randomly shooting 14 others in Santa Barbara near the university.  The gleeful shooting in Fargo 3 days later was stomach turning for me.

And with what, 360 mass killings? in the US this year, it doesn't seem likely you can schedule a mass killing in a tv series without it reflecting reality...

I thought he said "Rapid City".

You're right it was Rapid City. I wasn't even close. I'm intrigued by that though, as Ben seems like he's probably too young to have previously been involved in another situation like this. I didn't even realize at the time that he's the one that says "It's Sioux Falls all over again" in season one. 

Anyone know why this episode was called The Castle? I missed that. 

I love the drawings in the book at the beginning. I noticed it's a history of true crime going all the way back to 1825, so maybe we could get a western season one day. 

people rightly heaping praise on this show can't admit how dumb the UFO is

I originally thought it was a bit much, but upon reflection I find the UFOs interfering to actually be humorous. The otherworldly manipulating the action of the events this season. First Rye getting hit by the car leading to the tragic turn of events and now saving Lou, Peggy and Ed. Almost as if they are puppet masters.

Cause it's not possible that people don't share your opinions? They have to be in some kinda denial? 

I imagine how I end up feeling about it will depend a lot on how it is addressed next week, mainly the Hank end of it. (Is it just me or did he seem to know shit was hitting the fan before the first shot was fired?) I don't really get the dues ex machina complaint that some people have made. We knew before the season even started that Lou was never in any real danger. 

Now if the UFO had appeared for the first time in last night's episode and without any of the weird set up then I probably would have burst out laughing. But it still wouldn't have been a dealbreaker for me. It didn't bother me in The Man Who Wasn't There either. 

Edit: I'm curious, if next week it's established that the UFO is man made being piloted by a member of the Air Force and no aliens are involved would it still bother you so much? 

It's intentionally absurd, which I like but I can see how people would have different opinions. I think it's a humorous way to highlight the inherent unreality that can be seen in many of these clockwork universe shows.

You know the funny thing is, if Bear actually did the right thing and take Ed's call, he probably could have saved his family from being killed off. Rather sad to see all of the Gerhardt's gone. At least we'll get to see Mike and Hanzee in the final though.

6V4LSjAaQD2MelrkzCwX_tumblr_nyouj5W6wk1u

Anyone know why this episode was called The Castle? I missed that. 

I'm guessing the motel can be seen as a castle.

noun
1. a fortified, usually walled residence, as of a prince or noble in feudal times.

5. any place providing security and privacy:

Also, it'll be interesting to see how (if?) the finale connects to its title, Palindrome.

Ed and Peggy's iteration of Bonnie and Clyde has been awesome to watch. I thought she looked the part when she wore her beret. They will either end up like Swiss cheese or they will be abducted by the UFO. Did anyone watch last Saturday's SNL? They had a hilarious skit on UFO abductions. 

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPdYYsEfAE&feature=youtu.be

Archived