Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

The thing I'm never ever wild about though is one actor taking on two roles.

It never works for me, film or series.

When it works it's pretty impressive eg Moon, the Dad/uncle in Arrested development and (this one is a cheat) Garret Dilahunt in "Deadwood". For it to work I have to be fooled into thinking they are two different people - something which a good actor can do.

Obviously Van Damme style is more often the case. That guy loved having two roles in his films. Maybe he got paid more (or saved on the budget if he was a producer)

I didn't like it on Moon either actually. Haven't seen Arrested.

Garrett Dillahunt is always excellent though, I don't recall his double role anymore in Deadwood.

Recently Tom Hardy did it as well in Legend. Again, didn't like it, and I generally really dig him as an actor.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

I didn't like it on Moon either actually. Haven't seen Arrested.

Garrett Dillahunt is always excellent though, I don't recall his double role anymore in Deadwood.

Recently Tom Hardy did it as well in Legend. Again, didn't like it, and I generally really dig him as an actor.

Dillahunt played two different characters and it had to be pointed out to me he was two different people.

Hardy is a good actor but for the last 5 years he's always played mumbly person so I suspect he'd be a bad candidate for being different enough.

Damon does play quite a few roles so I suspect he could pull it off.

I do agree that it is a bit gimmicky and more likely to distract. I guess it depends what context he is playing two different characters. It might be something more interesting than identical twin.

20 hours ago, Calibandar said:

The thing I'm never ever wild about though is one actor taking on two roles.

It never works for me, film or series.

I'm sorry if this doesn't work for you, you have no soul:

On 5/2/2016 at 7:51 AM, matt b said:

IIRC, that was in the movie. I believe Steve Buscemi's character buries it in the snow and marks it with the red ice scraper.

I only realized this when I rewatched the movie a couple of months ago.  I thought the red ice scraper seemed familiar during the TV show but just assumed we had seen it earlier in the series.  Finally the penny dropped.  Great tie-in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived