Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

I hope next week's episode does include some flashbacks, cause I'm still not clear on how Ed and Peggy got away. Wasn't Ed on foot while the cops were in a car following close behind him? 

When we left Peggy, the 3 Gerhardt gang members had been killed or knocked out, Dodd being either knocked out by the cattle prod or killed.  When Lou and Ed emerged from the woods and Hank drove up in the police car, Ed hoofed it back to the house and Hank told Lou not to go after him because they knew where he would be.  Hanzee, of course, then emerged and decided to start walking after Ed.

I assume that when Ed got to the house, Peggy was packed and ready to go, and gave him a rundown of what happened.  Clever, clever Ed must have checked on Dodd, finding him either dead or alive, and then putting him in the trunk.  They seem to have taken Dodd's car or the car of one of the gang.

Hanzee, I'm sure, did not hurry after Ed, thinking he'd find Ed crying over Peggy's dead body.  He probably got there just in time to see them take off.

When we left Peggy, the 3 Gerhardt gang members had been killed or knocked out, Dodd being either knocked out by the cattle prod or killed.  When Lou and Ed emerged from the woods and Hank drove up in the police car, Ed hoofed it back to the house and Hank told Lou not to go after him because they knew where he would be.  Hanzee, of course, then emerged and decided to start walking after Ed.

I assume that when Ed got to the house, Peggy was packed and ready to go, and gave him a rundown of what happened.  Clever, clever Ed must have checked on Dodd, finding him either dead or alive, and then putting him in the trunk.  They seem to have taken Dodd's car or the car of one of the gang.

Hanzee, I'm sure, did not hurry after Ed, thinking he'd find Ed crying over Peggy's dead body.  He probably got there just in time to see them take off.

Holy cow... I ran the same scenario in my head...lol

Bear was very upset on his return to the truck, and we saw what I assume were images flashing in his mind as he drove home, about those who had died so far.

That was my first thought as well, but there were images of Floyd, Dodd and Hanzee among them, so people definitely or supposedly not dead.

Also, I was wondering how on Earth would Ed know who to contact concerning Dodd. Gerhardts - it's quite obvious (putting aside the reasons for such a dumb move). But Mike Milligan? Did he ever heard his name at all? Not to mention how he would know where to find him.

But Mike Milligan? Did he ever heard his name at all? Not to mention how he would know where to find him.

I'm assuming we'll find that out this coming week. It was an interesting choice to deviate away from Peggy and Ed during an episode that lasted a hour (not counting commercials). We'll get flashbacks to what happened, especially since we know there are at least one additional fatalities (a cop shot in Sioux Falls) caused by Hanzee.

That was my first thought as well, but there were images of Floyd, Dodd and Hanzee among them, so people definitely or supposedly not dead.

Also, I was wondering how on Earth would Ed know who to contact concerning Dodd. Gerhardts - it's quite obvious (putting aside the reasons for such a dumb move). But Mike Milligan? Did he ever heard his name at all? Not to mention how he would know where to find him.

My initial assumption has been that they tortured Dodd to get this info.  I figure Dodd would be the type where merely tying him up and threatening to cattle prod again would lead him to divulge all the info, including the bit about how Ed has become known as some fearsome mobster and who to contact in each side of the mob war. 

My initial assumption has been that they tortured Dodd to get this info.  I figure Dodd would be the type where merely tying him up and threatening to cattle prod again would lead him to divulge all the info, including the bit about how Ed has become known as some fearsome mobster and who to contact in each side of the mob war. 

Huh?

Dodd doesn't seem like the type to give in to a bit of roughing up, especially from the likes of Ed and Peggy. Likewise it doesn't seem likely that Ed and Peggy would torture someone, perhaps they've reached their breaking point.

Most obvious explanation to me is that Hanzee caught up to the 3 of them, is sitting in a car or hotel room with Peggy and coerced Ed to lure Milligan up to Sioux falls for an ambush.

Huh?

Dodd doesn't seem like the type to give in to a bit of roughing up, especially from the likes of Ed and Peggy. Likewise it doesn't seem likely that Ed and Peggy would torture someone, perhaps they've reached their breaking point.

Most obvious explanation to me is that Hanzee caught up to the 3 of them, is sitting in a car or hotel room with Peggy and coerced Ed to lure Milligan up to Sioux falls for an ambush.

Dodd definitely strikes me as the type who would sing if the threat of torture were looming over him.  

But your speculation works just as well.  I figure there are lots of easy ways that Ed could have gotten Mike's name and contact info so it wasn't all the ending of Ed calling Mike wasn't all that shocking.  

Don't see Dodd breaking down after a bit of roughing up by a couple of ameteurs. This is the guy who committed murder as a small child. Both him and Bear strike me as hard as nails types. 

Being able to commit violence against someone isn't indicative of a person's ability to be on the receiving end of violence. He's also a child beater.  I don't think it's unusual for child beaters in media to be portrayed as unable to take a beating.  Dodd also has a bodyguard who has at least once stepped in to stop Dodd from getting hurt.  He may be a psychopath who has no concern about killing, but doesn't say much about his ability to withstand the threat of cattle prods.

But again, I specifically comment to someone who couldn't see any way that Ed would know about Mike.  There are half a dozen openings the narrative has made for Ed to have acquired that info.  I merely posited my initial assumption. 

Archived