Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

I think Hanzee was a good loyal Dodd follower until the events shown in this episode.  I think the bartender who spit in his water, who doubted his three tours in Vietnam and his purple heart, the three rednecks going after him, the gas station owner who was not as obnoxious but still asked him to leave if he wasn't going to buy anything, then Dodd cursing him with slurs, just pushed him over the edge.  Hanzee knows he may have killed two cops, I think he said fuck this shit, just fuck it.

This was my thoughts as well. Not sure the bar scene would have been included otherwise. 

I liked the little detail with the game of Hangman in the phone booth spelling out Sioux Falls.

I was laughing when Dodd was terrified of Peggy with the knife and Peggy and Ed both having a one-way conversation on the ride to the cabin.

I'm not sure what Hanzee's angle is, but he did seem awfully fed up with everyone he encountered on his hunt for Dodd.

This should be one hell of a season finale.

Anyone catch any extraterrestrial reference?

This episode was hilarious. More than the usual, I mean. And yes, there has to be a Milligan v Dent standoff at some point. I feel like this season won't be fully actualized unless it happens. 

Edit: to clarify, Dodd was hilarious. I mean he's the ultimate asshole, but that whole innocent act put on by him was nearly side splitting. 

Anyways, where do you guys think Hanzee's loyalty lies now? I think he may answer to no one, but it could be just as likely he took Bear's 'you're family' speech to heart (and is loyal to the non-Dodd Gerhardts). It'll be interesting to see what he does. 

+1 to all the Kirsten Dunst praise, she was just incredible. I think no matter what happens in the next two episodes, this is one of my favorite tv seasons of all time. Even if Mike Milligan ends up going off to become a lumberjack... actually that would be strangely appropriate.

Do you think Hanzee killed Peggy's friend, Constance?  Not that anything turns on it...

Absolutely. Can't imagine he'd leave her alive to warn Peggy. Even if he just tied her up or something someone at the hotel would quickly find her.

Maybe I'm forgetting the details, but how did Hank and Lou find the cabin? 

Maybe I'm forgetting the details, but how did Hank and Lou find the cabin? 

I think much like Hanzee.  After the shop owner called the cops to report that Hanzee was there, the cops show up, ask the questions then then know they are looking for a blue lincoln and that truck down by the lake.  So they drive until they see the vehicles.  

I'm probably only half interested (if that) in this show if werent in the region and settings for the movie and 2 seasons. It'd be (changing locale) like moving Deadwood to NYC or some stupidity like that. It would be like moving "Heat of the Night" to a Boston setting.

It would be like moving the "Wire" to a cargo port or something.......

wait......

Well, The Wire was a show about criminal investigations that also featured an increasingly broad focus on the city of Baltimore.  Season two moved it to the ports, but it didn't stop being a show about criminal investigations.  The backbone of the season was the investigation into Sabotka, which wasn't out of character for the show.

Fargo by its very nature is all about small northern towns, funny accents, and heinous crimes.  If you remove the northern setting and accents from the show, it ceases to be Fargo.  

I'm gona miss Dodd. Sure the guy was evil as hell and a complete dick, but he was still really funny. At least Hanzee did him in. I have no idea why such a strong and smart character was so loyal to a dick like Dodd. I hope we get a flashback in the next episode explaining why.

Wow. Episode 8 was ... borderline perfect. This season is quickly becoming among the best seasons of a television show, ever.  

It really is. The show just makes me so damn happy when I watch it. 

I think Hanzee was a good loyal Dodd follower until the events shown in this episode.  I think the bartender who spit in his water, who doubted his three tours in Vietnam and his purple heart, the three rednecks going after him, the gas station owner who was not as obnoxious but still asked him to leave if he wasn't going to buy anything, then Dodd cursing him with slurs, just pushed him over the edge.  Hanzee knows he may have killed two cops, I think he said fuck this shit, just fuck it.

Yeah that seems spot on still though I wonder if Hanzee is loyal to Bear/Floyd since they don't treat him like shit or if he has just gone completely rogue. Either way the show demands a Milligan/Hanzee reckoning. 

It really is. The show just makes me so damn happy when I watch it. 

Me too. I had this silly little smile on my face watching this last episode. Just so happy to see a show doing so many things right. Cinematography, direction, acting, writing, tension, humor. It's all there. Brilliant. 

Yeah that seems spot on still though I wonder if Hanzee is loyal to Bear/Floyd since they don't treat him like shit or if he has just gone completely rogue. Either way the show demands a Milligan/Hanzee reckoning. 

Complete rogue, I'm pretty sure. I imagine his "I'm tired of this life" line pertains to being an underling for any of the Gerhardts.

I'm gona miss Dodd. Sure the guy was evil as hell and a complete dick, but he was still really funny. At least Hanzee did him in. I have no idea why such a strong and smart character was so loyal to a dick like Dodd. I hope we get a flashback in the next episode explaining why.

Yeah, I've always enjoyed him on the screen. His whole "Satan is a woman" thing had me laughing. Like, time and a place, man.

So now that we know Lou and Hank did drive right to Ed and Peggy's, I'm back to wondering how Ed beat them there on foot. Also I'm probably forgetting something but how did Ed learn of his "Butcher of Laverne" nickname? 

Archived