why are people obsessed with Sansa?

KingStannisFan

I even see posts where people think she will rule the riverlands and the vale and such. Why would people follow a teenage girl? Edmure is Lord of the Riverlands and unless he, his offspring, and The Blackfish all die... not going to happen. I think she is one of the more annoying characteres actually.

Not to mention Bran and Rickon when they ever resurface.

Now Melisandre...THAT'S a woman. ;)

Maybe because she has shown tremendous growth since the beginning of the series and is a very relatable character? Eh, I could just be guessing though...

ETA: I'm not sure what you mean by obsessed anyways. There are plenty of people on this board who like to hate on her for no reason, just like you.

I even see posts where people think she will rule the riverlands and the vale and such. Why would people follow a teenage girl? Edmure is Lord of the Riverlands and unless he, his offspring, and The Blackfish all die... not going to happen. I think she is one of the more annoying characteres actually.

Not to mention Bran and Rickon when they ever resurface.

Now Melisandre...THAT'S a woman. ;)

What does Blackfish dying have to do with ruling the Riverlands? He would be Lord of Riverrun only if Edmure, his child, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon and Sweetrobin all die or are believed to be dead.

What does Blackfish dying have to do with ruling the Riverlands? He would be Lord of Riverrun only if Edmure, his child, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon and Sweetrobin all die or are believed to be dead.

Uh what?

You're saying Hoster's brother is LOWER on the pecking order than the children of his daughters? No...... I don't think you get how it works.....

Uh what?

You're saying Hoster's brother is LOWER on the pecking order than the children of his daughters? No...... I don't think you get how it works.....

Uh, yes. That's what I'm saying, because that's how the inheritance rules work in Westeros.

Uh what?

Sorry, you don't get how it works. Daughters before brothers. Daughters of daughters before brothers.

As of now its

Edmure (Lord)>Catelyn (deceased)>Robb (deceased)>Brandon (presumed deceased)>Rickon (presumed deceased)>Sansa>Arya (presumed deceased)>Lysa (deceased)>Robert>Brynden

Uh what?

All of Hoster's children and their issue come before Brynden. It's not like the Targaryens where all males inherit before any and all females.

All of Hoster's children and their issue come before Brynden. It's not like the Targaryens where all males inherit before any and all females.

It's not necessarily like that with the Targaryens. The Targaryens never made any laws like that, they just picked males over females for succession of the throne in a few specific examples (Rhaenys vs Balon - Jaehaerys, Viserys II over Daena the Defiant, Aegon V over the simple-minded Vaella - the Great Council).

Well, she's not a prostitute or a murderer or a player.  She is not particularly evil or particularly proud.  She is feminine.  She is idealistic.  Some folks like that kind of gal.  And there are not too many like her in Westeros.  

But no, I do not understand why anyone wants to see her start winning "the Game".  "The Game" can go to hell.

To answer the topic name; it's because she is a major character.

To answer the actual question; it's strange, people need their favourite character to be king/queen in the end, without intending to get too political I would have to say that it is because our own society programs us to believe that if a person's journey doesn't end with them at the top it wasn't a worthwhile journey.

Sansa can and likely will have an important effect on the characters that we know and care about, and will no doubt continue to develop herself as a human being, she doesn't have to be QitN/Lady of Winterfell/Queen Consort of whatever to do that.

She the oldest child living of Ned Stark  and the granddaughter of  Hoster Tully  and the cousin of Robert Aryn, Lord of the Vale, and is married  to Tyrion Lannister and as Littlefinger's bastard is  "engaged" to the heir of the Vale and is the bastard daughter of the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and the Lord Protector of the Vale plus she's the sister of the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch . 

Who has more ties to the different story lines than Sansa? 

To answer the topic name; it's because she is a major character.

To answer the actual question; it's strange, people need their favourite character to be king/queen in the end, without intending to get too political I would have to say that it is because our own society programs us to believe that if a person's journey doesn't end with them at the top it wasn't a worthwhile journey.
Sansa can and likely will have an important effect on the characters that we know and care about, and will no doubt continue to develop herself as a human being, she doesn't have to be QitN/Lady of Winterfell/Queen Consort of whatever to do that.

I'm a Sansa fan and I don't care if she is the Queen in the North and definitely don't want her to be Queen Consort of Westeros.

But you could ask the same about most characters. Why do some people want Tyrion to be king, for instance? Sansa becoming queen is at least far somewhat likely and realistic, while Tyrion has no chance to be king of anything. Or, you have lots of people who want Tyrion to be a bastard conceived by rape and fathered by an incompetent lunatic, because they think that would increase his chances of riding a dragon.

Maybe because she has shown tremendous growth since the beginning of the series and is a very relatable character? Eh, I could just be guessing though...

ETA: I'm not sure what you mean by obsessed anyways. There are plenty of people on this board who like to hate on her for no reason, just like you.

No reason? Really?

I quite like her since ASoS, but no reason?

No reason? Really?

I quite like her since ASoS, but no reason?

Yes, really. I do not believe there is any justifiable reason to hate on a FICTIONAL character to the extent that Sansa is hated on amongst certain people groups on this board. Was she whiny and selfish for the first couple books? Yeah. But what 12 year old girl isn't?

Yes, really. I do not believe there is any justifiable reason to hate on a FICTIONAL character to the extent that Sansa is hated on amongst certain people groups on this board. Was she whiny and selfish for the first couple books? Yeah. But what 12 year old girl isn't?

Her sister.  Arya Stark.  Who was never whiny or selfish even at 9.  Just sayin.

Archived