Who sleeps in pyjamas?

Arkhangel

You know what, I don't think I've ever in my life tried to take off socks using only my feet. What sorcery is this?! I'd try it now, only I'm not wearing any, and am in fact lounging on the sofa in my pyjamas in the approved fashion.

It's the most amazing and important skill. Start in a standing position and use the heel from one foot to anchor the loosened toe of the other and then pull that foot. Switch and repeat. Then, when your dexterity is honed you can do it from underneath sheets using only toes!

You know what, I don't think I've ever in my life tried to take off socks using only my feet. What sorcery is this?! I'd try it now, only I'm not wearing any, and am in fact lounging on the sofa in my pyjamas in the approved fashion.

Use the big toe on one foot to pin the sock to the ground, pull your foot out and repeat for the other one.

Edit: The heel? Blasphemy. Everyone knows the big toe is the primary actor in this drama.

I wear pyjamas in winter. Can't sleep completely uncovered (I need a sheet over me in summer) and also can't sleep with socks on. On very cold winter nights I'll occasionally get into bed in socks then take them off later, but not often, as we have an electric underblanket.

Use the big toe on one foot to pin the sock to the ground, pull your foot out and repeat for the other one.

Edit: The heel? Blasphemy. Everyone knows the big toe is the primary actor in this drama.

You need to start somewhere! Training wheels, as it were.

Ankle socks are easiest to do this with. Longer socks are a bit trickier

If I put on a pair of boxer briefs in between shower and bed, I sleep in that.  If not, naked.  I don't even own pajamas.  Some mesh shorts and a t-shirt is the most I like to wear around the house.

Drop the pants and underwear together, and then use your feet to remove them, including your socks, using the above method, whilst using free hands to undo your shirt. Under 10 seconds and you are ready for action. 

PJs are what you put on as soon as you get in from work to indicate that you are done with the outside world. They are removed before getting into bed (summer) or shortly after getting into bed (winter).

yup

This

me too

I didn't own any pj's when my son was born (I put on yoga pants and a ratty t-shirt when I get up) and it caused a considerable amount of trouble on my part.

"Buy pajamas for hospital stay" was on my to-do list, but it never got done. I was in the hosptal several days before my son was born (admitted unexpectedly after a routine visit at 34 weeks) and therefore did not have a hospital bag. Upon arrival, I got a catheter (strict bed rest) and an IV (magnesium sulfate, nasty stuff) and could not change out of the gown even if I had wanted to. My IV was changed to antiboitics after he was born (I was running a very high fever) and still could not change out of the gown, besides I really didn't want a waistband on my c-section incision. When I was released a few days later, my baby was transferred to a different hospital. (He wasn't really all that sick, but needed a step up nursery). This new place arranged for me to stay in a mother's room next to the nursery so I could nurse around the clock. My MIL kindly offers to pack me a bag. She said "tell me where your pajamas are and I will pack them." I was so distraught about sick preemie baby, c-section and traumatic delivery that I wailed "I don't have any!!" She looked so embarrassed! My husband was promptly dispatched to Target for nursing bras (didn't have those either) and pajamas. That Christmas, she gave me several pair. (Which I now keep for emergency purposes and hosptal stays)

that was sweet of her. I'd be in the same boat if I had to go to hospital, none of mine are fit for public display!

On the rare occasions that I have gone to bed in pyjamas, sometimes I have woken up without them and find them crumpled somewhere in a corner of the bed. I strip in my sleep, apparently :P It's a bit concerning for times when I need to share a room with a friend or relative!

I sleep in [url=http://cdn.adlermode.com/medias/?context=bWFzdGVyfHByb2R1Y3RfaW1hZ2VzXzM3NVd4NDgwSHw0NjEyMnxpbWFnZS9qcGVnfGltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0LzM3NVd4NDgwSC84ODgxODIwOTkxNTE4LmpwZ3wt]this[/url]  quite often.

In other times, a boxer shorts and a t-shirt also do the trick.

I don't sleep naked.

Let me get this straight You guys hold the toe end of the sock with the toe/heal and pull?

you may find it easyer just to poke your big toe into the sock on the other leg then push it off.

as to putting them on,   only put your big toe inside the sock and tightly grasp the sock entrance between the big and second toes.then carefully pull the sock on.   when you get near the the heal,  you may find it easyier to let go of the sock entrance and toe grab the heal part and pull then move further up the sock.

the only time I wear socks "in Bed"  is when camping, and I've done the above sock removal and re-apply while in a sleeping bag.     Finding the socks in the sleeping bag and positioning just right is the hard part.

One of the reasons I hate the summer is I can't wear pyjamas to bed.  In the summer depending on the heat it's anything from one Ser Sean's t-shirts to underwear (if it's particularly warm) - never fully naked it's just uncomfortable.  

In the winter (because I'm not allowed an electric blanket or a winter heavy quilt and I don't like the heating on in the bedroom) I wear pyjamas and fluffy socks and I sometimes have a hot water bottle or a hot bag and then I cocoon myself in my quilt - this is bliss and anyone who says otherwise is wrong in the head.

Oooh, all of this talk of pyjamas makes me want to go home to bed and read a book.

What is all this pinning the sock on the ground anyway? So when you use your hands, do you grab the sock at the toes?

When I use my feet to get my socks off, it's big toe tucked in between the ankle and sock, and run it down over the heel and off. Same method as if I was using my hands except I would replace my toe with my thumb.

On the original purpose of this topic... I barely use a duvet let alone pyjamas. I just get too warm - wintertime included.

Socks, smocks. Everybody knows you warm your feet by placing them on your partner's back.

Well, that lasts for the 12 milliseconds your feet are touching your partners back before launch and attachment to the ceiling.  My wife may reach 0 Kelvin during the winter at times.

Oh, and I sleep in gym shorts.  Or fleece PJ bottoms during the winter.

Well, that lasts for the 12 milliseconds your feet are touching your partners back before launch and attachment to the ceiling.  My wife may reach 0 Kelvin during the winter at times.

Oh, and I sleep in gym shorts.  Or fleece PJ bottoms during the winter.

Maybe your wife should wear a pajama then?

Archived