9 Reasons Why Dany Might Be The Villain In The End

Storm_King

Am i the only one here that smells something bad about Daenerys?

I re-watched the whole show from season 1 to 5.

and I witnessed Dany's bad actions.

1. She sacrificed the life of her unborn child to save a rapist warrior, who raids villages, slaughters and rapes innocents.

2. She threatens Qart that if they don't let her in, she'd burn cities to the ground. (That's what the mad king said)

3. She was being a beggar to the Spice King. "I'm asking you to lend me ships to allow me to re-take the iron throne"

4. She promised to trade Drogon in exchange for the slave army. She broke the deal and had him burned. (No wonder nobody called her honourable). Clearly she stole the army.

5. She crucified innocent masters in Meeren. "You crucified my father, your grace". " Your father crucified innocent children"

"My father spoke out against crucifying those children, he saw it as a criminal act and he was overruled".

6. When Drogon burned an innocent 4 year old child. Dany did no justice about it. Drogon maybe a special pet but he deserved to die for it.

7. "They can live in my new world or they can die in their old one" - Daenerys Targaryen. Adolf Hitler said the same thing.

8. Season 5. Dany feeds her dragons with the leaders of Meeren. "Maybe one of you are innocent but my dragons are hungry". She didn't even give a trial to know who deserved to die or not.

9. It seems she's been trying to rule Meeren and still failed.

Here's a funny meme

Dany%20vs%20Stannis_zps4yjq1qjn.png

Aerys The Mad King was once a capable ruler until he slowly became a mad man when Tywin was the hand of king.

What are your thoughts?

- Storm King

btw I'm the facebook page owner of "www.facebook.com/KingStannisOfHouseBaratheon"

Welcome to the forums.

You should probably take that topic to the show forum, given that you used exclusively show stuff.

Nevertheless, you are spot on. It is a minority opinion, but a rather sizeable one (and one I adhere to). Dany is what you get when you mix good intentions, shortsightedness, hypocrisy, incompetence and a really mean temper and it isn't pretty.

I think that Danny is AAR but this person was a criminal and an evil being in the past, as we know Melisandra talks about the shadows being part of the lord of light, so maybe AA was bringing darkness, shadow, to the world. Danny that is all about blod and fire has bought darkness to everywhere she was,incidentally or acidentally.Also the lord of life seems quite bad when you see the staff that he does, given power to people through sacrifices.Just my opinion though

Welcome to the forums.

You should probably take that topic to the show forum, given that you used exclusively show stuff.

Nevertheless, you are spot on. It is a minority opinion, but a rather sizeable one (and one I adhere to). Dany is what you get when you mix good intentions, shortsightedness, hypocrisy, incompetence and a really mean temper and it isn't pretty.

I'm also trying to confirm from book readers of what I've seen in the show. Maybe the show changed somethings to make her look bad?

Yeah, I'll be very interested in how things play out with her when she isn't fighting evil slavers with no redeeming values but instead characters we've come to care about. Martin's already been able to write conflicts where we care about people on both sides (Battle of the Blackwater) but we'll see if he can do it again or if that's even the route he plans to go down. I can easily see her becoming a villain with Tyrion whispering in her ear.

1. Not knowingly

2. I don't remember it, probably show-only

3. Irrelevant

4. Agreed

5. It was Yunkai and I don't remember that quote but in essense yes.

6. But she did, Drogon just escaped but she did lock Rhaegal and Viserion up.

7.Show-only I Think.

8. Show-only

9. True but not necessarily relevant.

It looks like madness was somehow carried in targ genes. Even the best one was a little bit out of mind. So maybe dany will get a little more mad but I doubt she will become the ultimate villain.

Agreed. She's proved herself way to able to grow into utter insanity. She has led some awesome conquests. Her father OTOH didn't. Just as Barristan told her, she's much Rhaegar's sister. And he was way more proficient than his father

So another Dany super sucks thread? Well thats new and original.

No need to be nasty, the OP is new.

Agreed. She's proved herself way to able to grow into utter insanity. She has led some awesome conquests. Her father OTOH didn't. Just as Barristan told her, she's much Rhaegar's sister. And he was way more proficient than his father

Just as mad though, with a focus on prophecy. And twenty years younger.

Hell, no!

Her white-washing in the show is second only to Tyrion.

While I can see where those who claim that she might be a villain come from, Daenerys is in no way white-washed in the show.
All the controversial acts she does in the books also take place in the show (witnessing Viserys' death, crucyfing slavers, burning Mirri Maz Duur).
On top of that they add more material to make her a grey character: feeding slavers to her dragons, locking Doreah and Xaro Xhoan Daxos in a vault, threatening Qarth, beheading a slave for killing a slaver awaiting a trial, and so on, and correct me if I am wrong no one in the books shows up telling her that their father was innocent of the murder of those children, implying that they all had a hand in it. (Not that her act was justifiable anyways).

I have not re watched the show for a long time. Thanks for reminding these points. All the cries of Dany whitewashing in the show is bullshit. The show has only shown her in a worser way.
1)In the books she never threatens to burn down Qarth. Her dragons are seen as a curiosity and they welcome her in.
2) Also in the books she never lock anyone in the vaults.
3) In the books it was never suggested that some of the Great Masters spoke against the crucifixion. In the whole Meereenese arc there was not one line implying that.
4) In the books her most questionable act was ordering torture of an inkeep's daughters while in the show she tosses random master into the dragon pits for no reason.
I don't know where do people get these Dany whitewashing.

While I can see where those who claim that she might be a villain come from, Daenerys is in no way white-washed in the show.
All the controversial acts she does in the books also take place in the show (witnessing Viserys' death, crucyfing slavers, burning Mirri Maz Duur).
On top of that they add more material to make her a grey character: feeding slavers to her dragons, locking Doreah and Xaro Xhoan Daxos in a vault, threatening Qarth, beheading a slave for killing a slaver awaiting a trial, and so on, and correct me if I am wrong no one in the books shows up telling her that their father was innocent of the murder of those children, implying that they all had a hand in it. (Not that her act was justifiable anyways).

Exactly. Also they added that some of the Great Masters spoke against the crucifixion while in the books it was debatable.

Indeed the only major immoral thing she does not do in the show but does in the books is having those former slaves "questioned sharply".
It's mostly minor scenes and lines though.

In the books she wonders if the Gods are making fun of her after sending the bleeding star for her (and she believes the star is for her as any other character does) as she leaves a trail of corpses behind her along the Red Waste.

In the show she snaps: "I SWORE I WOULD MAKE THEIR ENEMIES SCREAM HOW DO I MAKE STARVATION SCREAM?"

I can't quite see the white-washing in this scene and countless more.

Exactly. Also they added that some of the Great Masters spoke against the crucifixion while in the books it was debatable.

I mean, I suppose it's technically debatable but to me it seems highly unlikely that that action wasn't used to fuel pro-Harpy sentiment among the Meereenese. Even if all of the people who were crucified were guilty of the crucifying of the slave children (again highly unlikely given the high amount) it would still probably be used as a rallying point against Dany's rule.

That said, I haven't seen the show past season 2 yet but it does seem like there isn't really any whitewashing of her character like there is with others (e.g., Tyrion, Cersei).

Archived