Hiroshima & Nagasaki

ChuckM

70 Years of lies and brainwashing only to try to JUSTIFY the decision to drop the Bombs. There is no words strong enough to describe that abomination of the Humanity, only J. Conrad come close when he wrote "The Horror the Horror".

They didn't know what they were doing at the time, when they found out what they did, they needed the lie of the Century to cover THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY.

It's hard to deny the civilian death toll of a ground invasion would be higher than what the nukes achieved, as many Americans point out, but dropping nukes on civilian populated cities is one thing which will have your civilization remembered for years to come right alongside the likes of Genghis Khan, with his many sacks full of human ears, and pyramids made of heads. I don't support nuking children, anyway. A soldier has a choice not to fire his rifle at an innocent, which makes ground invasion more appealing, but the sad reality is most men are cowards and fire their rifles and mortars regardless.

In any case, this thread is dumb.

With the recent 70th anniversary of the atomic blasts in Nagasaki and Hiroshima i try to read , watch and listen to various narratives of the history. Here's a snippet on the Black Rains of Hiroshima http://youtu.be/ageNFDB49os
The impression I'm saddened over is that i believe somewhere, somehow, someone will do this again eventually in the world. Perhaps in America, Russia, China, Korea, the Middle East, Europe, who knows where or when or by which perpetrator? But if man has a weapon they always seem to find an excuse to use it eventually.

Israel is probably going to nuke one of its neighbors, and my money's on Iran. If it does that though, I doubt they'll win the eventual war unless it goes global. And the global response to it nowadays is likely to be far more negative than in the past. It will be hard for the culprit to find enough allies to win another WW using nukes.

There's the complicating factors that the US wanted to send a message to Stalin (hey, look what we've got!), and that the Japanese were scared shitless by the Soviet declaration of war.

The thing is a moral minefield with no good answer. Frankly, I'd have dropped the thing off the coast as a warning, then waited a month or so (not three days). 

The impression I'm saddened over is that i believe somewhere, somehow, someone will do this again eventually in the world. Perhaps in America, Russia, China, Korea, the Middle East, Europe, who knows where or when or by which perpetrator? But if man has a weapon they always seem to find an excuse to use it eventually.

The first nuclear war of the 21st century will be an India-Pakistan conflict, probably over water.

Israel is probably going to nuke one of its neighbors, and my money's on Iran. If it does that though, I doubt they'll win the eventual war unless it goes global. And the global response to it nowadays is likely to be far more negative than in the past. It will be hard for the culprit to find enough allies to win another WW using nukes.

Nah I figure Russia, with their current embrace of an enders game / bush doctrine preemptive "deterrant" nuclear strike will detonate a nuke as a "peaceful" act of war before Israel does so. But Israel indoubtedly agrees with this philosophy, also embraces it and will also make "peaceful" nuclear strike against an enemy as soon as Russia shows you can do it with no consequences and also win all your demands.

(If you don't understand this post watch the season finale of vice.)

I saw some pictures for the uh is it called the anniversary? For the anniversary of the bombings. So much destruction jeez. I don't know if it was necessary or ok but it seemed to do the job of ending that war and making us look tough.

Nah I figure Russia, with their current embrace of an enders game / bush doctrine preemptive "deterrant" nuclear strike will detonate a nuke as a "peaceful" act of war before Israel does so. But Israel indoubtedly agrees with this philosophy, also embraces it and will also make "peaceful" nuclear strike against an enemy as soon as Russia shows you can do it with no consequences and also win all your demands.

(If you don't understand this post watch the season finale of vice.)

Who would the Russians nuke? It wouldn't make sense for them to nuke anyone. They need Europeans as trade partners and nuking some random middle east country is ridiculous. 

Archived