Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

So the Red Son-ish Batman outfit is just for the dream sequence we think?  And the kneeling soldiers we all questioned in the other previews may just be a dream?

That's the rumor going around. Basically, having a fear dream of what Superman could become if left unchecked (in batman's eyes). 

So.. I guess that must be Gotham because I don't see how Metropolis could be re-built fast enough to be destroyed again..

Also, I still think it's too early for Doomsday... I mean is he going to kill Superman? I feel like it would be a waste if he doesn't. But then again, Superman dying, coming back, defeating Doomsday, fighting Batman, introducing Batman, introducing Wonder Woman.. does seem a bit much.

So.. I guess that must be Gotham because I don't see how Metropolis could be re-built fast enough to be destroyed again..

Also, I still think it's too early for Doomsday... I mean is he going to kill Superman? I feel like it would be a waste if he doesn't. But then again, Superman dying, coming back, defeating Doomsday, fighting Batman, introducing Batman, introducing Wonder Woman.. does seem a bit much.

That was another classic example of a trailer that gives away far too much. There should be some kind of warning at the start saying "this will be a synopsis of the film".

Nevermind. I like Batfleck's voice. Looks like Lex is going to be very different too. I hope Doomsday looks better in the final cut. Maybe all of the league keeps popping up as that fight progresses? Guess they need to take it to the ocean at some point. I'm sure the next trailer will confirm this.

Another failure at Luthor in my eyes.  Eisenberg is pretty bad here and I think the direction of him is just as bad in just the little bit.  Affleck is horrible also as Bruce Wayne.  But it is nice so much money is being spent coddling the balls of his ego here.  He might be taller than Cavill and steamrolling over any potential the Superman reboot might have pulled from the wreckage of Man of Steel, but it has to kill him that Cavill makes him look really old and despite the roid bulk, bloated and puffy instead of intimidating and impressive.  A bit wistful that Superman is getting pushed so far to sidelines to the point they bring in Doomsday.*  But glad it just shows how easy it will be to wait until I am incredibly bored a couple years from now to catch piecemeal on FX and still never be sure if I saw the whole thing.  And not care. 

As much as I want Idris Elba to be Bond (just a touch more than I wanted him cast as Lex Luthor in the Cavill Superman reboots), I'd laugh if this gets eviscerated by the critics and in the theaters come the second week and Cavill gets Bond and Affleck just gets his hookers and gambling and has to sit next to Clooney and nipples suits in the annals of Batman cinema.

*By this I mean they seem to be trying to mitigate the character so much and make so many pitfalls in regards to Batman being "better".  I really can't help but feel not only is Affleck trying to "grab" too soon the Batman reboot hoped-for-glory but also really with his pal director, undermining Superman as a franchise in any way -- making Cavill's Superman almost marginal and overly dependent on Affleck's Batman's coolness and (false) gravitas.

Hmmm... That looked... FUN! Like, I'm not fond of how many things seem to be crammed in and I'm sure there will be pacing issues galore. But I don't know, Eisenberg seems like he's gonna totally rule the screen, Batman is going to brood, Wonder Woman's gonna be all 'wassup?' and Superman is gonna be a naive little fucktwat. What else could I ask for besides that the cool actress from the Fast and Furious movies got to be Wonder Woman?

I'm... optimistic, cautiously. As the Kentuckiean already pointed out, Man of Steel looked good too. But I'm hoping that what we've seen confirms that Snyder and his writers realized GrimDark can be taken too far.

At least the 'Batman is Slade Wilson' bullshit has been laid to rest. So there's that.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this trailer. Or this movie. I mean there's good and bad here. But DC really, really needs a win  in this case, and I'm doubting this movie will deliver that. Zack Snyder had mastered the art of bringing comic book panels to life it seems, and hey this time there was color here too ! Doomsday looks bad, but then again like it has been said before, that character was never anything more than a plot device anyway. Batfleck seems good, WW better, Lex has me worried and intrigued.

Well if Superman helped with the reconstruction (as he should) it could be rebuilt quickly. But its probably Gotham. 

Killing Superman is what makes Doomsday the character work, but its too early and with Wonder Woman and Batman fighting with him, I doubt we will see it. 

The Doomsday reveal was too much, and whilst I feel I probably know the general plot of the film I am pretty optimistic it'll still have surprises in it.

If Lex is like that the whole way through I suspect I'll want him dead for all the wrong reasons.

I think Affleck is going to kill it.

I still have an issue with the colour palette, it's just grim even in settings like a party.

Normally I'd be saying this trailer shows way too much, but it's pretty much what everyone has predicted anyway. Looks good, but, as someone said earlier, so did Man of Steel.

What we've predicted probably, but we over-analyse everything. For someone who didn't they might not realise Doomsday was on the way.

Well, colour me intrigued. Pros:

1. Some humour. That is definitely a huge plus after Man of Steel and previous trailers.

2. Lex Luthor. Eisenberg looks like he could be really interesting/on drugs/kinda crazy, but I have a little faith in the actor that he can pull that off before he shaves his head and goes all sinister. I assume he will shave his head?

3. I also trust Batfleck to pull it off, really it's just a matter of whether or not he does in fact brood a lot. The slight smile at the start gives me hope on that front, though.

I have to agree with you on these 3 points.

Loved the conversation between Clark and Bruce that was interupted by Luthor (Lex's quip about the strength of Kent's handshake was great).  I'm hoping there is more like that.

I kind of like Eisenberg's take on Luthor.  I'm not a die hard superman fan, so I don't know much about luthor, but I think Eisenberg will be able to pull it off.

As for Batfleck, I loved the casting when it happened and everything I have seen has left me with good feelings toward him donning the cowl.

Archived