Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

Again, the discussions were had in the MoS threads and by people much more eloquent (and emotionally involved) than I; so for the full discussion, I'd recommend looking them up.

But one of the most compelling arguments was a comparison with the scene in Superman 2 where Kal-El actually stops and yells at Zod something along the lines of "think of the people!!!!!"  As soon as he realizes the destruction his fight is causing in Metropolis, he took the fight elsewhere. 

Anyways, as I say... this argument was had in the other threads. 

ETA:  Although... based on Batfleck's apparent character motivation, maybe he should have read those threads too.  :D 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

ETA:  Although... based on Batfleck's apparent character motivation, maybe he should have read those threads too.  :D 

I think Batfleck's motivation is pretty spot on. Think of his origin, and the whole reason he wants to be Batman. He probably considers his employees to be an extended family of sorts, and his inability to protect them against a Kryptonian Battle Royale has to be pretty galling for him. I think it works pretty well.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think Batfleck's motivation is pretty spot on. Think of his origin, and the whole reason he wants to be Batman. He probably considers his employees to be an extended family of sorts, and his inability to protect them against a Kryptonian Battle Royale has to be pretty galling for him. I think it works pretty well.

Oh sure.  I think this actually totally works as motivation for the BvS dilemma.  Certainly much more so than Clark's "I don't like vigilantes" reasoning, although I do find that to be a fair point of contention as well.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Oh sure.  I think this actually totally works as motivation for the BvS dilemma.  Certainly much more so than Clark's "I don't like vigilantes" reasoning, although I do find that to be a fair point of contention as well.

Yeah, I think Clark's reasoning works better for a Supes who's extremely concerned with protecting innocent civilians, and following the letter of the law to an extreme. Maybe not so much for the Supes that was portrayed in The Man of Steel.

4 hours ago, Arya442 said:

Yeah,  heaven forbid that he, you know, concentrate on stopping the genocidal lunatic that just blew up part of the city and is ACTIVELY attacking him by that point.  Wow, totally misplaced priorities there, dealing with the major threat.

Or, I don't know, Maybe make a counter proposal to Zod so as to teraform Mars, or another planet into Krypton so as to avoid a huge fight and save an entire race of beings at the same time... 

Instead, you had a petulant, whiny, hipster Superman help destroy entire cities without once stopping to help the regular folk until he decided to kill his enemy. 

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I think the costume is quite good myself :dunno: I usually see Batman as a pretty bulky guy anyway. If you were talking about the armoured form, isn't that kind of the point? Doesn't seem far from this: 3992568-o8aqm.jpg

I don't think that looks much like the below picture at all... Like I said... Kevin Smith ate Robocop,DeZ5lzx.png

Anyway, this was a good trailer. Again, I am not sure how many balls Snyder is going to manage to keep in the air in this juggling act. At the very least, it's going to be a good Batman (though I still haven't seen him doing any detective work. He is this world's greatest detective, yet none of the live action movies convey that). Also, Wonder Woman speaketh ! Gal Gadot might turn out to be a less risky casting decision after all (as compared to you-know-who. Which is funny, because originally I thought it would be the other way round).

1 minute ago, The King In Black said:

Anyway, this was a good trailer. Again, I am not sure how many balls Snyder is going to manage to keep in the air in this juggling act. At the very least, it's going to be a good Batman (though I still haven't seen him doing any detective work. He is this world's greatest detective, yet none of the live action movies convey that). Also, Wonder Woman speaketh ! Gal Gadot might turn out to be a less risky casting decision after all (as compared to you-know-who. Which is funny, because originally I thought it would be the other way round).

He did reassemble a fingerprint from a shattered bullet in TDK...

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

He did reassemble a fingerprint from a shattered bullet in TDK...

I really hope Terrio had the sense to include a montage of Batman investigating Superman to deduce his identity during the rewrites. For Superman it's easy : hear the bat vigilante's heartbeat, hear Bruce Wayne's heartbeat, voila !

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

Yeah, there's plenty to gripe about... But Bats getting a suit to fight Supes isn't one of them.  IMHO

The suit, and the man inside of it, are the best looking things in this film.

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

They have to have Bruce cracking wise to Clark about his "disguise" at some point in this flick.

"Does your alien sweep the lives of the people he let die away as easily as you sweep your hair to the left Mr. Kent?"

I would hope a Hollywood writer could take that general idea and make it work as the perfect line from Bruce Wayne. Details his intellect, sense of judgement, conflict with Supes, and gives the crowd a great moment to rally around in an 'oh damn!' moment.

On 2/13/2016 at 2:40 PM, The King In Black said:

I really hope Terrio had the sense to include a montage of Batman investigating Superman to deduce his identity during the rewrites. For Superman it's easy : hear the bat vigilante's heartbeat, hear Bruce Wayne's heartbeat, voila !

Yeah... or, staying high in the sky, follow the batmobile back to the entrance of its lair and use his x-ray vision to track the skeletal figure into the batcave and up into the mansion above. A quick glance at the sign out the front: "Wayne Mansion"

55 minutes ago, Kindly Old Man said:

To counter this Bruce could just wear glasses underneath the cowl.

Hahaha I miss the like button.

I also want to see Batman do some more detective work. His intelligence is his greatest asset, but none of the films that I've seen at least have shown this.

Archived