Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

So last thread ended with discussion of Ben Affleck's rumoured increasing influence in the DC Extended Universe. That and Doomsday rumours. So continue

I honestly hope that the Doomsday rumors are just that, or it is just a cameo at the end to set up the Justice League movie or something.

Adding Doomsday to this movie just seems like overkill. 

I honestly hope that the Doomsday rumors are just that, or it is just a cameo at the end to set up the Justice League movie or something.

Adding Doomsday to this movie just seems like overkill. 

The rumoured version of Doomsday is a Zombie Zod, so I share your sentiments and wish they are just rumours.

Ugh. They are still building this entire thing backwards.

I disagree. There needs a huge threat to not only get Bats and Sups to put aside their petty quarrel but justify the creation of the, um, dawn of Justice. The rumored antagonist accomplishes that while leaving the heavy hitters like Darkseid available for the proper JL movies. 

The idea of the Big Three coming together to combine brains (Batman), brawn (Superman), and heart (Wonder Woman in the form of skill/experience) is fantastic. 

Also, it gives Luthor a means to fight, without being the direct physical villain (please no robotic superpowered suit for him...). He makes a better orchestrator of the carnage than a participant.

I agree with the two posters above ^.

You need the huge, big baddy to explain why Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman will get together and have a common cause. 

Lex Luthor is not enough for that, although i hate the idea of a "zombie" Zodd,  i think he will just be the material they create doomsday with, not actually him being a zombie. Unless they revealed something already. 

I'm still perplexed by these superman logo-ed soldiers. Where exactly they fit in.

I'm thinking Luthor frame up too.

Some people will radicalize around any ideal. Any god. They're kneeling before him. Their god made flesh.

I can see this "personal" army out there fighting in Superman's name (under the secret guidance of Luthor), but instead of spreading the good news of Superman's coming, they spread fear and probably add to Batman's reasons to take Superman down. The scene in the trailer is probably Superman finally tracking them down to confront their leader.

And of course, they're the ones acquiring Zod's body, performing experiments, and creating a monster.

Doomsday is a plot device and I have no desire to see the Death of Superman on screen. For some reason people like Doomsday, he's a credible threat, if you need to use him in a very plot specific way to further a means to an end, it's fine by me. Fanboys will eat it up, and I don't have to deal with that storyline.

If they actually want to "kill" Superman, they can do it much later and with a better character so that the story has more meaning.

Max Landis actually had a similar idea of using Doomsday to set up the universe.

Doomsday is a plot device and I have no desire to see the Death of Superman on screen. For some reason people like Doomsday, he's a credible threat, if you need to use him in a very plot specific way to further a means to an end, it's fine by me. Fanboys will eat it up, and I don't have to deal with that storyline.

If they actually want to "kill" Superman, they can do it much later and with a better character so that the story has more meaning.

Max Landis actually had a similar idea of using Doomsday to set up the universe.

It makes sense, they need a threat big enough that it takes all 3. And Doomsday is a pretty cool villain to put on screen.

But yeah, i don't want the death of superman in this movie either.

Also, it gives Luthor a means to fight, without being the direct physical villain (please no robotic superpowered suit for him...). He makes a better orchestrator of the carnage than a participant.

Exactly. This has been in my head since Superman Returns. Luthor, despite being iconic, is a difficult villain to write for Superman on his own because their modes of operation are so far apart they're barely compatible (in the comics, I've usually enjoyed Lex more when he's taking on the Justice League as a whole or generally creating a wider level of chaos - like when he became president). Giving him responsibililty for Doomsday (I was gonna say control but control would be too strong) is good for both of them because it covers both their weaknesses as Superman villains.

Though I don't  really like the idea of him being created in an Earth lab. I really want the scene that opened the comic, of Doomsday bashing himself out of the underground tank, and spending the beginning fighting with one arm coz the other was still strapped up. All that stuff in Death of Superman was quite clever storytelling because it gave Doomsday some mystery and even a minor sort of character arc while maintaining him as just an unstoppable rage machine.

Okay... I can get on board with what you guys are saying; but let me throw this out there: Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.

What's the appreciable difference between a Lex created Doomsday and a Lex created Nuclear Man?

Batman and Wonder Woman. :)

And I hope a much more layered story...

Archived