Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

I'd rather have that Furiosa project or just another Mad Max to be honest.

Same here. Superman is completely uninteresting to me as a character unless he's getting clownstomped by Batman, and as much as I love George Miller, I'd rather see him play in his own sandbox.

Given a choice between Furiosa, Mad Max: Wasteland, or Man of Steel 2, I'm choosing MM: Wasteland 95 times, Furiosa 4 times, and MOS 2 once out of a possible 100.

Damn, now that I think about it, you guys have a point. George is 70 years old. You have to wonder how many blockbusters he has left in the chamber.

This is a big deal for him. He's being entrusted with a big budget franchise movie for a major studio. If it does well he'll get any project he wants green lit. And 70 isn't that old, he has plenty of time to do another Mad Max movie or even better Happy Feet 3!

This is a big deal for him. He's being entrusted with a big budget franchise movie for a major studio. If it does well he'll get any project he wants green lit. And 70 isn't that old, he has plenty of time to do another Mad Max movie or even better Happy Feet 3!

Wait... there's a Happy Feet 2?

Same here. Superman is completely uninteresting to me as a character unless he's getting clownstomped by Batman, and as much as I love George Miller, I'd rather see him play in his own sandbox.

:agree:

And 70 isn't that old, he has plenty of time to do another Mad Max movie or even better Happy Feet 3!

Let me put it this way, I'd rather see him do two Mad Max films, or three or whatever the amount he has ideas for than the Superman film :p

Wait... there's a Happy Feet 2?

*Points to the Dancing Penguin posters in BlueBear's room *As if you didn't know that :p

*Points to the Dancing Penguin posters in BlueBear's room *As if you didn't know that :P

I did see Happy Feet, it wasn't bad. But to be honest I didn't have the highest of expectations :P

Let me put it this way, I'd rather see him do two Mad Max films, or three or whatever the amount he has ideas for than the Superman film :P

I'd prefer he do one of each, Mad Max FR was good, I don't want oversaturation to taint it.

The idea that "oversaturation" could ruin a Mad Max movie but not a Superman movie is remarkably hilarious.

That seems like a peculiar response, given that nobody here can pretend that they were expecting Fury Road to be a massive critical hit and also do respectably at the box office. This was an inspired idea executed decades later by a guy who wasn't exactly covering himself in glory in the interim.

So it stands to reason that nobody was expecting a multi-film expansion to the existing universe, and therefore they probably haven't planned for such, right?

Meanwhile, Man of Steel was specifically made with the purpose of being part of a large multi-sequel universe. Therefore, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that they have planned for future films in such a way that you won't feel that the follow ups are cheapened by 'oversaturation'.

The idea that "oversaturation" could ruin a Mad Max movie but not a Superman movie is remarkably hilarious.

Yeah, I know right? :D

So it stands to reason that nobody was expecting a multi-film expansion to the existing universe, and therefore they probably haven't planned for such, right?

Miller has come out and said he has ideas for new installments. At least one proper Mad Max film and a Furiosa spin-off of some kind. The ideas are there.

Meanwhile, Man of Steel was specifically made with the purpose of being part of a large multi-sequel universe. Therefore, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that they have planned for future films in such a way that you won't feel that the follow ups are cheapened by 'oversaturation'.

:lol: I'm sorry, but have you even seen some of the slew of superhero films of the last couple of years? Over saturation is basically the genres MO.

I expect supersaturation from superhero films. They're churned out in short order, and generally the best they can hope for is simple entertainment. Fury Road was in development for seventeen years, and we have no idea how long Miller had been thinking of ideas for it. And it was certainly something special. I'd rather he take his time over one, than churn out more, and if to keep himself fresh he needs to do something different like Superman, I'm fine with that. It might even be quite a good film in it's own right.

• 2 weeks later...

Shannon is muddying the waters yet further: http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-michael-shannon-zod-doomsday/

Sounds like backtracking for me. Didn't we see shannon as a corpse in the trailer? In which case that isn't footage from MOS - it would be odd to film scenes solely for the trailer.

Archived