Prince Lewyn's paramour identity

Lord Wraith

I am totally prepared to go there if you wish,,,

As a woman who's almost thirty, I don't recommend it...

And for the record, women hit their sexual peak in their thirties...which may very well be a benefit in a paramour, wouldn't it? Depends what he's looking for, or course, but he can converse with any women he wants, so likely she's kept secret for other reasons.

How likely would he choose a woman in her 30's to be his paramour ?

That depends entirely on Lewyn and his preferences.  He was not a teenager himself.  Did he prefer to deflower virgins, or did he want a woman who had a bit of experience?  Since we don't know him very well, it's impossible to tell.  Perhaps his paramour was older than he was, which rules out a woman in her 30s. 

Well, how I said before, may be the list of suspects can be bigger if we include some dornish ladies. Elia had one dozen handmaidens/companions (probably almost all from Dorne), may be one of them could be Lewyn's paramour. The dornish don't have shame to have paramours, so if one of them had a affair with Lewyn she would not have any shame of this. And we don't know their whereabouts, may be Elia dismissed their in some moment ( I bet was when she became Aery's hostage) and they get back to Dorne. It would explain how Arianne would know who she is, despite this woman been in King's Landing and she is from Dorne. And some dornish ladies were presented to us in the last books like Alice Ladybright, Nymella Toland, Larra Blackmont. I would include their in the list.

I have considered them all. Problem is I am working off what we know or at least I'm trying. We know next to nothing to these ladies.

And for the record, women hit their sexual peak in their thirties...which may very well be a benefit in a paramour, wouldn't it? Depends what he's looking for, or course, but he can converse with any women he wants, so likely she's kept secret for other reasons.

Sexual peak ?  You mean, desire for sex ?

It's a shame that a woman's sexual desire peak doesn't match up with her attractiveness, isn't it ? :)

That depends entirely on Lewyn and his preferences.  He was not a teenager himself.  Did he prefer to deflower virgins, or did he want a woman who had a bit of experience?  Since we don't know him very well, it's impossible to tell.  Perhaps his paramour was older than he was, which rules out a woman in her 30s. 

Well said.

I appreciate your reasoned response.

The queen of thorns is a favorite character of mine and do find it hard to believe she was a maid til she married. I like this idea even though there's very little real evidence to support it. My only issue was the idea Left and Right May be the offspring of that union. While the QoT is by no means warm, especially not toward the men in her family, i have a hard time believing she'd be so indifferent to her own sons, by a man she probably loved(a woman of her status prob wouldn't settle for being a paramour to a man she didn't feel Strongly for), as to only refer to them as Left and Right.
If she were to have had a son with him I would like to believe it would be someone of a little more consequence to the story. If this theory is in deed true.
But I love the idea of it!

The queen of thorns is a favorite character of mine and do find it hard to believe she was a maid til she married. I like this idea even though there's very little real evidence to support it. My only issue was the idea Left and Right May be the offspring of that union. While the QoT is by no means warm, especially not toward the men in her family, i have a hard time believing she'd be so indifferent to her own sons, by a man she probably loved(a woman of her status prob wouldn't settle for being a paramour to a man she didn't feel Strongly for), as to only refer to them as Left and Right.
If she were to have had a son with him I would like to believe it would be someone of a little more consequence to the story. If this theory is in deed true.
But I love the idea of it!

I have wondered about Left and Right being hers but I dismissed it for the same reason you did. They certainly have the Redwyne look so maybe they are her nephews or something.

Well the next part of my theory is that Marwyn the Mage is the secret love child of Olenna and Lewyn.  He hasn't done any major yet but he's been working behind the scene since GOT. I think he will have a big role to play in the last two books.

And how.

I suppose we're just like Westeros, where only girls in their teens are viewed as being at their peak attractiveness...

Glad the real world is a bit more complex.

We are every bit as fundamentally animal as the world of ASOIAF, Liz.

Seriously.

Most of the "enlightened" world allowed females to vote a mere century ago.

Think about that for a minute...

100 years out of the 40,000 years or so that we have been evolutionary "modern humans".

We are every bit as fundamentally animal as the world of ASOIAF, Liz.

Seriously.

Most of the "enlightened" world allowed females to vote a mere century ago.

Think about that for a minute...

100 years out of the 40,000 years or so that we have been evolutionary "modern humans".

So much for us being civilized/enlightened :P

Archived