Football XXXII - Start as you mean to go on

Alex.

nice little goal for palace. i see this ending up a really fun game.

question: why is selhurst so much more lively than any other ground in the premiership? the 1200 they brought to newcastle last year when we were there were at times louder than the rest of the crowd. 

I think its because the Palace fans just have the right attitude of enjoy life in the Prem league for as long as possible. they'll eventually reach the jaded position the other long term in the league team fans are in.

I think its because the Palace fans just have the right attitude of enjoy life in the Prem league for as long as possible. they'll eventually reach the jaded position the other long term in the league team fans are in.

i hope their passion never wanes and in fact begins infecting the other stadiums. being part of 50000 at st james all being essentially forced to stay in our seats and only stand in the event of a goal was sad. 

you don't see the same kind of lame sedate sitting about in bundesliga, serie a, ligue 1, and countless other leagues around the world. many of them have been top flight a very long time as well. they have not become jaded. i blame this behavior more on what the fan experience has evolved into in england.

i hope their passion never wanes and in fact begins infecting the other stadiums. being part of 50000 at st james all being essentially forced to stay in our seats and only stand in the event of a goal was sad. 

you don't see the same kind of lame sedate sitting about in bundesliga, serie a, ligue 1, and countless other leagues around the world. many of them have been top flight a very long time as well. they have not become jaded. i blame this behavior more on what the fan experience has evolved into in england.

Yeah, in my league the most visited and cheered for club is the one that is one of our oldest clubs, used to be a powerhouse and was a simbol of our region, then got fucked up a lot by corruption in the club and is hopefully now getting back on it's feet as a transparent club. The fans still cheer as hard and as passionately as they used too and it's a shame it's not like that in England.

If I could get the money to go to an Arsenal game, you wouldn't see me just sitting down, even if I was the only one there standing and singing and cheering.

Yeah, in my league the most visited and cheered for club is the one that is one of our oldest clubs, used to be a powerhouse and was a simbol of our region, then got fucked up a lot by corruption in the club and is hopefully now getting back on it's feet as a transparent club. The fans still cheer as hard and as passionately as they used too and it's a shame it's not like that in England.

If I could get the money to go to an Arsenal game, you wouldn't see me just sitting down, even if I was the only one there standing and singing and cheering.

You would be told to sit down by the stewards.

Archived