Fashion thread: updating classics

Angalin

Xray, $110 for a Hawaiian shirt???? Holy balls! 

I think I will look for something more inexpensive.  Gonna grab a fresh pair of sneakers and some fashionable shorts and I feel I might be ready to hit the local community and look ok. 

My traveling companion will look awkward enough for both of us. My sous chef is a straight up weirdo. I love him. 

2 hours ago, MercurialCannibal said:

Xray, $110 for a Hawaiian shirt???? Holy balls! 

I think I will look for something more inexpensive.  Gonna grab a fresh pair of sneakers and some fashionable shorts and I feel I might be ready to hit the local community and look ok. 

My traveling companion will look awkward enough for both of us. My sous chef is a straight up weirdo. I love him. 

Yeah, for a one-time-at-best shirt, 110 seems a bit rich.  You might check out a Goodwill store (if you don't mind wearing second-hand.)  My husband donated all his dad's Hawaiian shirts from the '50s there, and they've been hardly worn and are authentic.  '50-ish clothes are different from anything you'll see too.  IOW, you won't see yourself coming and going in them. 

It's hand screen-printed fabric and sewn in Hilo. But ya gotta go with what works. :) You better buy a shirt that will at least last until MDF.

I wore my Sig Zane shirt today to work in honor of this thread, because that shit looks great no matter where you are.

ETA: Oh sweet Jesus I need this dress: http://sigzanedesigns.com/collections/dresses/products/mohalu-dress-brown-hua-hekili

Dammit I need to go back to Hawaii.

We already have a guy at mdf who sports Hawaiian shirts.

Still I am searching one out. The history of the garment is pretty cool I must say.

Gonna grab a fresh pair of black dickies shorts (like the consummate vato that I am) and a new pair of Adidas to wear with this icon of a garment. 

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

All pretty nice.  You should know if red or blue looks better with MC's skin tone and coloring.  (I'd always wear blue before red)

Regardless, pineapples look best on everyone.

eta: I think MC is lucky enough to be able to rock either, though I might go with a more burgundy than straight up red (possible bias showing here; obviously I can't do that much red)

but like IP says, can almost never go wrong with blue (especially dodgers blue, right?)

Am thinking of wearing black sequin pants to a conservative work party Tuesday night.  Dress is suits/dressy work clothes.

I 'think' I can pull it off with silver jewelry and a lot of attitude.

Talk me out of it.  Or not...

2 hours ago, Elder Sister said:

Am thinking of wearing black sequin pants to a conservative work party Tuesday night.  Dress is suits/dressy work clothes.

I 'think' I can pull it off with silver jewelry and a lot of attitude.

Talk me out of it.  Or not...

DO IT.   I have an unholy love of brocade.  My best friend says that left to my own devices I would dress like I had been out killing sofas.  She found me a pair of black on black brocade pants that satisfied my urge to wear your grandma's furniture and still looked chic.  If they were silver sequin, I'd say no, but I think you can get away with damn near anything in a black pant.

3 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

DO IT.   I have an unholy love of brocade.  My best friend says that left to my own devices I would dress like I had been out killing sofas.  She found me a pair of black on black brocade pants that satisfied my urge to wear your grandma's furniture and still looked chic.  If they were silver sequin, I'd say no, but I think you can get away with damn near anything in a black pant.

I think I'm going to go for it.  It's so strange, because before breast cancer I was much more uptight about this stuff...I was very much worried about what people would think of me, the impression I made...now I just don't give much of a damn.

I'm going to wear them, because I almost always get bored, and black sequin pants will entertain me.

I also love brocade.  I have a jacket that is embroidered brocade.  I feel like the Queen of Sheba when I wear it.

On September 16, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Elder Sister said:

I think I'm going to go for it.  It's so strange, because before breast cancer I was much more uptight about this stuff...I was very much worried about what people would think of me, the impression I made...now I just don't give much of a damn.

I'm going to wear them, because I almost always get bored, and black sequin pants will entertain me.

I also love brocade.  I have a jacket that is embroidered brocade.  I feel like the Queen of Sheba when I wear it.

Did you wear them? You are the Queen of Sheba. <3

18 hours ago, Baitac said:

Did you wear them? You are the Queen of Sheba. <3

I did wear them.  I wore them with wedge/platform Fly London pumps, big white over-sized shirt, and lots of silver/turquoise jewelry.

I felt very sassy and fun.  :D

2 hours ago, Elder Sister said:

I did wear them.  I wore them with wedge/platform Fly London pumps, big white over-sized shirt, and lots of silver/turquoise jewelry.

Fabulous! <3

5 hours ago, Elder Sister said:

You are so freaking cool. I need to see this ensemble next time we meet.

Archived