Fashion thread: updating classics

Angalin

Thanks for all the input! I really like the idea of a long sleeve dress! Thanks for the links, Zabz, I really like the first one especially (although I'm still a bit apprehensive when it comes to wearing black at weddings). I tend to just find flowy, summery dresses when I look...

I will also be wearing a shawl, but usually they don't help as much as I would like and are often a bit of a pain to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

So, I kind of want a pink bag for spring.  Is it wrong to want a pink bag for spring?  Or bright red?  Or maybe pale blue?

I had a hankering for a yellow purse this spring.  Ended up with a mustard yellow, but still.

I have the most beyootiful pink bag I bought a couple years back.  Love it.  And a red bag is a necessity.  That and red shoes are must-haves. 

I don't have a pale blue purse, though.  :(  Woe is I. 

Very nice!  :thumbsup: 

Believe me, I'm not sporting any Prada bags either. 

It's funny how at one time I felt that if I had brown, black, and light-colored handbags, I was all set.  If I could get a mixture of black and brown in one bag, WIN!  Then my mind opened up to the possibility of a red purse.  That was the first step down the road to the perdition that is multiple handbag choices.  Where will it end?  Probably with me being killed by the piles of purses I've accumulated falling on top of me as I try to make my way through the tunnels constructed of a rainbow's worth of leather.

:(

• 1 month later...
On 30.03.2017 at 1:15 AM, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Love that bag.  I just purchased a pink bag.  Color, warm guava.  Not as fancy as that above.

http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/3/8/8/0/7/2/3880729-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Oh, this one looks very beautiful! :) I really like the style and colour, I'll try to look for similiar models for this summer :)
Personally I bought a pair of new sneakers for this warm season, the ones Nike (one of my favourite brands) and a peak model like in this list from stylemann.com, wanted to try smth new, besides one some fashion resources they're considered trenfy for this year :)
I'm also planning to get a new summer dress and skinny jeans :)

• 3 weeks later...

I received from my tailor a few weeks ago delivery of my new suit.  This one is a mid/light grey with blue micro stripe and a jewel-toned, purplish lining, in a lighter (10-11oz) summer-weight fabric of a wool/silk blend.  Cut is the same as my other business suits: 2B single-breasted, double vented, soft shoulder, high armhole, slight waist suppression, notch lapel 2.5 inches.  Very pleased with it.

I also bought some casual clothes.  My old casual shirts are all too tight across my chest now, so I bought some replacements from Untuckit.  That's my first experience with that retailer.  I like the overall cut/style for untucked casual wear with jeans, although the slim-fit large could use some darts to taper it more.  I also bought some replacement jeans to replace two worn pairs, same brand and style as before: 7 For All Mankind, Austyn and Carsen.  Only problem is that the Austyn style is now looser/wider in the leg, so they drape more and hang slightly too long.  My dry-cleaner can make the alteration to take in the leg length.

I need to buy some T-shirts too.  My old ones are similarly too tight in the chest now (I look like I'm going to burst through the fabric).  I think I'll get some from Quiksilver.  I really liked the cotton fabric on the ones I bought when I was last in Hawaii.  They sell on-line.

And some casual shorts are needed.  My wife said my current ones are out of style.  I can't say I noticed but I'll take her word for it.

What's the dress code for - once again - an academic conference dinner? I think i've managed to figure out how to dress for the presentations and stuff (talkings-to from both my thesis supervisors have happened) in a way I'm comfortable with, but theres a dinner and its throwing me off. Does that go more formal? (This is in Spain, btw.) I found a dress - longish, kind of 50's-ish, bare shoulders (with straps) - that might work but i'm wondering if that's too dressed up now? Or if it's just that I wear dresses rarely enough that anytime I dig one out - no matter how casual - it feels like fancy dressup?

Archived