You must now create a Fellowship...

TheOne-EyedHound

of nine companions, to go on a rescue mission beyond the wall. Bran is the target, it turned out Bloodraven was evil, and Mel saw it in her flames that Bran was needed in order to have a chance against The Others. Who in the WOiAF (Must be alive) do you take with you?

Keep in mind, this isn't a simple point A to point B objective. There will be times when your companions will keep food away from the group, there will be times when they're thinking of deserting the mission. This isn't also a simple pick the best 8 warriors in the realm. You must choose wisely, think about Loyalty,Moral,Smarts, and Combat skill.

My Fellowship:
Me
Pod
Brienne
Jon
Victarion
Tormund
Tyrion
Big Bucket Wull
Ser Barristan the Grey

Stannis Baratheon

Davos Seaworth

Tormund Giantsbane

Osha

Hugo Wull

Maege Mormont

Rolland Storm

Balon Swann

Brienne of Tarth

People I would include if they were available:

Sandor Clegane, Stonesnake

Stannis & Davos duo is efficient as brains of the operation. Good leadership, intelligent, goal-oriented, very durable.

Tormund & Osha know what lies beyond the Wall. Tormund has huge experience and Osha knows Bran. His trust would be important.

Hugo Wull & Maege Mormont are loyal to House Stark and know plenty about the North and survival.

Rolland Storm is Stannis loyal badass, Brienne of Tarth would do anything to find Bran, Balon Swann is calm and professional, with Kingsguard experience behind. These three would be my warriors, although I suspect everyone here can defend himself/herself, maybe Davos would need some assistance.

I picked them because they have skills needed for the job and mesh well. I don't see any difficulties with keeping them together effectively.

I would consider Sandor & Stonesnake because the former is the best ASoIaF fighter and the latter was one of the greatest Night's Watch rangers. They could be placed in my team as substitutes for Hugo Wull & Balon Swann. Of course we don't know if they're alive so I keep them on the bench for now.

1. Tyrion

2. Euron 

3. Daenerys

4. Bran

5. The Hound

6. Jon

7. Arya

8. Jaqen

9. Brienne of Tarth

Awesome chemistry...

With this mission statement I shall not only form a fellowship but I shall even divide it into a Group A and a Group B! (to increase the chance of success)

Group A:

Me 

Margaery

Arianne

Sansa

Brienne

Loras

Young Griff

Daenerys

Group B:

Jorah Mormont

Group B (Jorah) gets to do all that going beyond the Wall at the onset of winter thing. 

Group A meanwhile has to go to the Water Gardens in Dorne to hold the fort and.... uh....pray...for Jorah's safe return or somehting. Yeah...we are totally not having a bitching pool party...no siree....

of nine companions, to go on a rescue mission beyond the wall. Bran is the target, it turned out Bloodraven was evil, and Mel saw it in her flames that Bran was needed in order to have a chance against The Others. Who in the WOiAF (Must be alive) do you take with you?

Keep in mind, this isn't a simple point A to point B objective. There will be times when your companions will keep food away from the group, there will be times when they're thinking of deserting the mission. This isn't also a simple pick the best 8 warriors in the realm. You must choose wisely, think about Loyalty,Moral,Smarts, and Combat skill.

My Fellowship:
Me
Pod
Brienne
Jon
Victarion
Tormund
Tyrion
Big Bucket Wull
Ser Barristan the Grey

Hmmm .....

1. Me

2. Tyrion

3. Dany (and her dragons.... thats all we need.... they fly... kind of like the eagles) 

BUT to round it out for a ground force distraction.

4.  Jon

5.  Jorah

6.  Brienne

7.  Samwell

8.  Barristen

9.  Melisandre

Meera (for food)

Osha (for food and knowledge of beyond the wall)

Tyrion (for smarts)

WunWun (for strength)

Jaqen (for assassination skills)

Brienne (for fighting ability)

Bronn (fighting ability)

Hound (fighting ability)

Tormund (fighting and knowledge BTW)

1. Tyrion

2. Euron 

3. Daenerys

4. Bran

5. The Hound

6. Jon

7. Arya

8. Jaqen

9. Brienne of Tarth

You send Bran on a Bran-rescuing mission? ;)

Hm... so first I'd take Sansa and Tyrion, not as members of the fellowship, but as recruiters - Sansa has good diplomatic skills and Tyrion is simply clever and can talk anyone into anything.

So, my fellowship:

1. Jon Snow, assuming that he's alive, or Arya Stark, if Jon is dead, because they are Bran's kin and because of their warging abilities. Actually, let's take Arya, even if Jon is alive, she's better at hiding her feelings, I think, and she's small - that might come in handy.
  2. Borroq, as a more experienced warg.
  3. Tormund Giantsbane - he should do relatively good north of the Wall.
  4. Garlan "the Gallant" Tyrell to counter the wildlings.
  5. Brienne of Tarth, because this chance to serve Lady Catelyn will make her happy.
  6. Jaime Lannister as penance for throwing Bran out of the window.
  7. Mel, for prophetic updates.
  8. Quaithe, for a second confusing opinion on prophecies.
  9. I considered sending Tyrion along after all, but Theon Greyjoy seems a suitable option, too. He conquered Winterfell with a small force, maybe he can do the same for Bloodraven's lair as well.

Jon Snow (leader)
Meera Reed (scavenging for food, good at archery, clever)
Robb Stark (loyal, will do all he can for his brothers. Also good with tactics.)
The Blackfish (loyal, great fighter, won't give up)
The halfhand (invaluable experience up north, tracking etc)
Pod (loyal, will do all he can to help)
Brienne (best fighter, loyal, if she swears an oath she'll never stop)
Ygritte (knows the north, good fighter)
Edd (we need some humour on the way)

Ahhhh forgot they had to be alive... Let's say mel brought all the dead ones back alive ;)

1. Jon as a leader, and he has experience beyond the Wall, and it's his cousin.

2. Arya, as his sister, she would do great beyond the Wall and is Bran's brother

3. Barry the Bold, he's loyal and has no hidden motives and is a formidable fighter

4. Jaime, he really regrets shoving Bran out of that window and would probably like to go, and he's a good diplomat.

5. Brienne, formidable fighter, who wants to serve Catelyn.

6. Lady Stoneheart. Fight the undead with the undead. And she's motivated.

7, Stonesnake, as a guide.

8. Tormund, he would keep up the moral.

9. Jalabhar Xho, cause that guy's got nothing else to do. And he's a decent archer.

• 6 months later...

1) Jon Snow- he's a good leader, has a Valyrian sword that he can actually use, motivated to find his cousin/brother whatever, has some beyond the Wall experience

2) Mance Rayder- Lot's of experience beyond the Wall, even better fighter than Jon and a good leader

3) Jojen Reed- Prophesies that seem more reliable than anyone else's.

4) Osha- hunting and a guide, can hold her own, loves Bran and would be motivated to find him and he trusts her

5) Balon Swann- loyal, honorable, really good with sword/lance/mace/bow, experience in battle

6) Brienne - General badass, sworn to protect all Stark children, loyal honorable

7) Barristan Selmy- loyal, faces a dragon, fight's a dothraki-esqe bodyguard in close quarters at age 60 something, no hidden motives, so respected that Robert had the maesters tend to Selmy's wounds before his own, Bran idolized him (need I go on)

8) Howland Reed- guerrilla fighter (net, spear, small bow etc), help Jon come to terms with his Targ heritage, super loyal and super respected/trusted by Ned and Robb ("My father knew the worth of Howland Reed")

9) Cold Hands- Doesn't need food, can handle wight's, knows the way

I think I've covered all the angles- close and ranged fighting, guiding, hunting, leader's and vague, mysterious wise person- and I don't think you'd have to worry about betrayal from anyone in this group, except maybe Mance in the most extreme circumstance's.

• 1 month later...

Archived