Which character do you most identify with, and why?

KingStannisFan

I identify with King Stannis. I don't know what it's like to be high born like he was unfortunately, but in every other way I do. He is very mistreated and often is denied things he deserves. He is a good person who cares about others and about doing what is right and just, yet most do not seem to notice. He judges you based on your actions and not because you came from the right family or were born in to privilege. He's a very misunderstood person and I genuinely believe he would be a great King because of all the positive traits he exhibits. He doesn't want to simply be surrounded by yes men and his top lieutenant is someone who he knows will question him and speak his mind always.

Probably Sam, but that seems like it would be the answer for a lot of people, as a generational, rather than an individual, thing, coupled with the fact that the culture of Westeros breeds personalities and values that might be alien to a modern reader's experience outside of Sam. So with him you get the themes of disappointment from parents, inadequacy, wanting to forge one's own path yet still bothered by expectations that can't be met, being a wuss, fat, etc. These are all things that it seems like today's generation is about.

Stannis as well.  In fact, while doing my first read through, I think I was reading ASOS, and I just lowered the book and said "I am Stannis." 

Middle child syndrome basically sums up my life.  I'm the ignored and shunned, everyone pays attention to my older brother and younger sister, treating them like they're the be all, end all.  My brother is a lazy, worthless mooch but  no one else sees it that way.  He gets praise, I get ignored despite being the sensible, reasonable one.  

My sister, like Renly, is much younger than me, so everyone is much kinder to her.  Despite being in high school, she always gets gifts and praise and she's the adorable one, the popular one, the one i get passed over for.  Basically, I see all three of us as the Baratheon siblings.

I do the right thing.  I'm a stickler for the rules.  Any rules.  Even if you did it in a kindness or if someone slighted you first, you're both in the wrong.  I see no black and white, everything is grey.  I judge everyone the same, rich or poor, man or woman.  I even grind my teeth, though usually in my sleep!

Stannis as well.  In fact, while doing my first read through, I think I was reading ASOS, and I just lowered the book and said "I am Stannis." 

Middle child syndrome basically sums up my life.  I'm the ignored and shunned, everyone pays attention to my older brother and younger sister, treating them like they're the be all, end all.  My brother is a lazy, worthless mooch but  no one else sees it that way.  He gets praise, I get ignored despite being the sensible, reasonable one.  

My sister, like Renly, is much younger than me, so everyone is much kinder to her.  Despite being in high school, she always gets gifts and praise and she's the adorable one, the popular one, the one i get passed over for.  Basically, I see all three of us as the Baratheon siblings.

I do the right thing.  I'm a stickler for the rules.  Any rules.  Even if you did it in a kindness or if someone slighted you first, you're both in the wrong.  I see no black and white, everything is grey.  I judge everyone the same, rich or poor, man or woman.  I even grind my teeth, though usually in my sleep!

You should get a flaming sword

Cersei. I was born with a lot of privileges but a lot of father-imposed limitations, too, and I have always resented that. I also have a long memory regarding slights (that isn't a good thing), and I would also be terrible at playing the game of thrones. However, I am also very protective of my daughter similar to the way Cersei is with her kids.

Not goddess-level beautiful, though, and my husband isn't a king. Oh well, what are you gunna do?

Yeah. I'm not a middle child either, so I guess there's that too, but I feel like the world treats me much the way he does and I think I am similar to him with many personality characteristics, although I may be a bit more prone to laughter, but that's about it.

Archived