Who do you think will be promoted/demoted as starring cast this season?

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

I would like to see less of Arya this season but I know that will never happen  :dunno:

I think it actually will happen. They will definitely demote her this season, since Maisie is whining about the contacts and they'll want to cut down on her scenes to keep from using the contacts more. Also, Arya has been getting less and less screentime by the season, so she's been on demotion road for a while.

Candidates for promotion

- Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy) is the most likely as the Greyjoy storyline gets re-introduced this season. As the audience surrogate on the Iron Islands she will get a lot of screen time, which would justify a promotion to starring cast.

- Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) is also likely, in my opinion, seeing as he is the only member of the Meereenese crew that is still not a starring cast member, and the finale suggested he will have a bigger role in Season 6 compared to Season 5

- High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) I don't think gets in, I think he continues to be a billed as "Guest star", but a promotion is not out of the question

- Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed) and Kristian Nairn (Hodor) will have a bunch of appearances for sure, as they've had in seasons past, so their billing could go either way

- Ian Gelder (Kevan Lannister) I find to be a strong candidate for a starring cast promotion, as they are running short on starring characters in King's Landing, and he will be a fairly important character come Season 6. Eugene Simone (Brother Lancel), Anton Lesser (Qyburn) and Julian Glover (Grand Maester Pycelle) are all candidates as well, though I don't see them making the cut, especially Glover since his been a recurring actor for five seasons now.

- Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) I predict will be announced as a starring cast member, as they've done for two years now, but she will continue to recur. Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Mace Tyrell) and Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell) I also don't see getting upgraded.

- The only other one I can possibly see getting their name in the opening credits is Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne), if his and Brienne's story isn't sidelined in Season 6, as it was last year.

- If I had to guess at this point, I'm going with Whelan, Anderson, Kendrick and Gelder.

Candidates for demotion
- Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand) is the only one I see getting axed from the credits, though I doubt they'll do that seeing as both Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) and Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) kept their billing after they were killed off, "starring" and "also starring", respectively.

• 6 months later...

In the promotion/demotion main cast sweepstakes, we have

Promotion:

• Art Parkinson - Rickon Stark (recurring S1-S2)
  • Julian Glover - Grand Maester Pycelle (recurring since S1)
  • Finn Jones - Loras Tyrell (recurring since S1)
  • Jacob Anderson - Grey Worm (recurring since S3)
  • Anton Lessor - Qyburn (recurring since S3)
  • Gemma Whelan - Yara Greyjoy (recurring S2-S4)
  • Ellie Kendrick - Meera Reed (recurring S3-S4)

Returning:

• Isaac Hempstead-Wright - Bran Stark

Demotion:

• No-one who is still with the series

Removal:

• Charles Dance - Tywin Lannister (Only had 1 episode in S5)
  • Stephen Dillane - Stannis Baratheon

(all info from Wikipedia, so this is unofficial)

Archived