Jon off the PoV list.

YorEmixam

Simple question/taugh;

If Jon is to comeback from death, will he not be a PoV, like cat/LS? That way we have no clue of what he is thinking, how much it changed him. We might have to see him trough mel, in the begining at least.

Would you like it? How much could that change what you expect of Jon's ressurection? I believe he is "the" or one of the hero, is it better to see his heroic acts from someone else eyes, or living his inner conflicts?

He's been a POV character in everything but AFFC (and if they weren't split between location we would've seen him), if he does come back I very much doubt it will be as a non-POV character.

However to make him a regular POV character as before would give it away, you'd just have to look at the chapter list in TWOW to know that he comes back, so I expect he will have cryptic chapter titles like the Iron Island and Dorne chapters.

Failing that, he may come back but not have any POV chapters in TWOW, GRRM might save them for ADOS (Book 7).

Well, supporters of the warg/then comeback theory often states that since his soul is inside Ghost then he will not suffer a change so drastic as to say LSH, and there's another popular theory that says that he isn't really death, just caught a serious case of stabbitis and is in a coma, ergo, his soul will be intact, me personally? I would like to see Jon leave beside that "unconditional hero" persona for a more pragmatic, darker if you want, Jon, then again even if his soul its intact, this coupe that some of his brothers planned will take a toll (I hope) in Jon's trust reserve, so perhaps we will see a even more cautious Jon, but the fact that he's a POV its a Must, otherwise we will never truly know the depth of Jon's resurrection trip, and of course how he takes the fact that he is one of the few survivors of an almost extinct Race (does valyrian count as race? If not my apologies)

I think it would be awesome, I like the idea of making his motivations mysterious to the reader.  Maybe have a POV or two by him in the very last book, if appropriate, but I like the idea of Jon being like Mel was in the earlier books - a cypher.

I'd be really disappointed, because I want to read his POV internally processing his true origins. I think the readers will miss out on a critical piece of his character arc if we don't get that.

True, didnt think of that, his feeling about it cant come from other PoV really, but is reading his internal struggles a must or can we live them through someone else, like a "brother" aka Bran or someone else?

I don't think that we will have a Jon's PoV at WoW. However I don't see him being resurrected from Mel so I don't believe that he will come back as LS or Beric. I would expect to see a Jon's PoV from Ghost's eyes and after that we will have a Jon's PoV.

I too do believe mel will try.. and fail, its too obvious to happen and it was done before with LS, I think a Coldhand Jon is what awaits him, a wighted skinchanger.

Either way I'll be happy, our first undead PoV or the mystery behind it.

I too do believe mel will try.. and fail, its too obvious to happen and it was done before with LS, I think a Coldhand Jon is what awaits him, a wighted skinchanger.

Either way I'll be happy, our first undead PoV or the mystery behind it.

I don't see that either. I believe that Jon will be saved Old Gods style, a life for a life.

I don't see that either. I believe that Jon will be saved Old Gods style, a life for a life.

Something we havent seen yet? Idk, Coldhand is a mystery, most likely a skinchanger (the elk) and wighted, its the only skinchanger wight we have seen afaik, I think it would be a subbtle way so it doesnt come out of nowhere when it happen to Jon, as Beric for LS. Does it still count as an old god ressurection? :p

I think Jon will return in Dany style, not like LS.

I see what you mean but as dany should have died of the fire, The cold(or maybe you mean fire too) was not the problem for Jon, it was the stabbing, but I see your take on it.

Eta I just realise you most likely meant coming out of his own pyre alive.

Something we havent seen yet? Idk, Coldhand is a mystery, most likely a skinchanger (the elk) and wighted, its the only skinchanger wight we have seen afaik, I think it would be a subbtle way so it doesnt come out of nowhere when it happen to Jon, as Beric for LS. Does it still count as an old god ressurection?  :P

Of course we haven't see it yet. How it could be a surprise? I think that this was the reason we have seen the old lady who had killed someone under the weirwood in Bran's time travel.

You think someone will be sacrificed? Who?

Theon. I believe that it was a reason that the trees were whispering "Theon".

Of course we haven't see it yet. How it could be a surprise? I think that this was the reason we have seen the old lady who had killed someone under the weirwood in Bran's time travel.

Theon. I believe that it was a reason that the trees were whispering "Theon".

But if Theon is going to feed the tree, who will sacrifice him? Weirwood human sacrifice seems like it may need some requirements (perhaps the bronze sickle?)

Simple question/taugh;

If Jon is to comeback from death, will he not be a PoV, like cat/LS? That way we have no clue of what he is thinking, how much it changed him. We might have to see him trough mel, in the begining at least.

Would you like it? How much could that change what you expect of Jon's ressurection? I believe he is "the" or one of the hero, is it better to see his heroic acts from someone else eyes, or living his inner conflicts?

Well first he'd need to die.  So far he's in limbo in that nebulous world between books.

I think we'll definitely be getting some Ghost POV stuff.  But I don't expect Jon to be removed as a POV even if he does get resurrected at some point.  We need him for info.

But if Theon is going to feed the tree, who will sacrifice him? Weirwood human sacrifice seems like it may need some requirements (perhaps the bronze sickle?)

I have yet to see anyone substantiate the claim that the vision Bran saw of a man being killed in the weirwood grove was a sacrifice.  If there is text somewhere to support this, please post it.

Until such time as someone presents a reasonable argument (with text) to support the "sacrifice theory" I will continue in the belief that it was a standard northern Bronze Age execution, done in a weirwood because he gets a final confession and supposedly a man can't lie in front of a heart tree.

Archived