GRRM on Gendry and Arya (Allegedly)

Joan Jett

YET!!

(maybe that's the sequel. Arya is on her way to marry Gendry Baratheon, the Bull, and he sees Edric playing the... erm.. trombone. Next day, Gendry appears in High Hermitage asking for Edric to come out and die!)

Lol. Too funny.

Gendry: But cut your hair first, like before you come out and die.

YET!!

(maybe that's the sequel. Arya is on her way to marry Gendry Baratheon, the Bull, and he sees Edric playing the... erm.. trombone. Next day, Gendry appears in High Hermitage asking for Edric to come out and die!)

Lol. Too funny.

Gendry: But cut your hair first, like before you come out and die.

:lmao:

Recently re-read that scene in ASOS and thought it was hilarious how fast Arya soured on the convo with Ned Dayne when he tried to imply that the very honorable Lord Stark loved another woman. Some of that is Arya's childishness ("an inn with girls"  :lmao: ) but some of it is also an alpha she-wolf's concern with loyalty and fidelity, I think. She is fiercely loyal to those she considers her pack and takes disloyalty personally. Even as she matures, I think she'll keep that part of her personality.

Whoever Arya ends up falling for had better never cheat on her, if they love their lives.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm in my 30s.  

So am I. And so are characters like Catelyn Stark. If Westeros were a modern-day Western nation, Cat would've been a rich, powerful widow after the demise of Ned, and Robb could have finished secondary school and gone to university.

(In my head, we're part of the "Tourney at Harrenhal" generation. Except we have better fates. 500 years of progress is a good thing.)

And Gendry would never cheat, works out perfectly.

Eh, you just struck a chord.

And there is a slight undercurrent in that Peach chapter that he wouldn't, hanging in the air for down the road.

Two issues were brought up, and it was clear what he would chose. He'd rather have a battle of wits and insults with the little swashbuckler.

Fast, physical, instant gratification vs. mind, spirit, personality and a wait.

He chose well. And he is not influenced by pressure of what the other men were doing around him. A keeper. So un-Robert.

So am I. And so are characters like Catelyn Stark. If Westeros were a modern-day Western nation, Cat would've been a rich, powerful widow after the demise of Ned, and Robb could have finished secondary school and gone to university.

(In my head, we're part of the "Tourney at Harrenhal" generation. Except we have better fates. 500 years of progress is a good thing.)

I should really be careful then cause I love blue and I love roses, and if someone offered me a crown of blue roses, I would totally wear that thing!

You made it all the way to 27!!!!

I'm only 24, but I feel like mentally I stopped at around 7.

I was a rather serious, contemplative child... So, I kindof started "older". I had a super teenhood, but also a non-rebellious one. Well, I didn't need to rebel against rules. My parents were rather lenient, but they could afford it because I was reasonable and responsible with the freedom I had from 16 on. I did not make a clear mental break with some of that reasonability until I was 25-26, and found my calling at 27. It feels like I'm still 27, but with an extra 14 years of experience. :p  

I was a rather serious, contemplative child... So, I kindof started "older". I had a super teenhood, but also a non-rebellious one. Well, I didn't need to rebel against rules. My parents were rather lenient, but they could afford it because I was reasonable and responsible with the freedom I had from 16 on. I did not make a clear mental break with some of that reasonability until I was 25-26, and found my calling at 27. It feels like I'm still 27, but with an extra 14 years of experience. :P

Sounds like we have/had a lot in common. 

Archived