Fool's Quest

jurble

Definitely separate thread. When Fool's Quest came out I got spoiled on a major plot point due to being in the thread for Fool's Assassin the day Fool's Quest came out. I'm still annoyed about that one!! 

6 minutes ago, Starkess said:

Definitely separate thread. When Fool's Quest came out I got spoiled on a major plot point due to being in the thread for Fool's Assassin the day Fool's Quest came out. I'm still annoyed about that one!! 

I go to spoiled before Fool's Quest even came out which was extremely annoying.

I'll leave someone else to open the new thread who has read it already

10 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I got spoiled for Book1 by some idiot on here who I don't think comes around anymore and whose name escapes me.

(And who got in lots of trouble for it at the time, too)

I think it was the same thing actually, but I thought it was Fool's Quest, and Fitz being outed as Fitz to the Court at Buckkeep?

New thread definitely.

I live in California, at 4pm I de registered my kindle from my amazon account, registered my brothers account to my kindle (he lives in the UK), purchased Assassin's Fate, downloaded it to my kindle, and then re registered the kindle back to my account.

can't wait to dig in!

So did you not just steal 12 quid from your brother?:P

It's not that great having it early, I want to discuss it already after only reading 10 percent and it's not like I know a lot of epic fantasy readers in my regular life.

it is good though.:D

About halfway through my Fool's Assassin reread before getting to Assassin's Fate and I'm reminded that I'm still a bit annoyed that Nettle found out about Fitz 'off screen' 14 years later.

Wut? The lady in the bookshop told me today that it only comes out on the 9th of May! In hardcover, too, which they will probably not even going to order, so I am waiting for the mass market paperback edition ... who will still be interested in discussing then? It could be months before this comes on sale in Slovenia.

50 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Wut? The lady in the bookshop told me today that it only comes out on the 9th of May! In hardcover, too, which they will probably not even going to order, so I am waiting for the mass market paperback edition ... who will still be interested in discussing then? It could be months before this comes on sale in Slovenia.

That's terrible!  You're one of the biggest Hobb fans we have here.  It looks like there was an 11.5 month wait between hardback and mmpb for FQ.  I'm sure you'll be able to find somebody here that will be happy to discuss it with you then, if you choose to wait for the mmpb.  Look at how willing Maia was to discuss FQ with me, and I doubt you're the only one that will be waiting for the mmpb.  That still sucks though. 

21 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That's...odd. This is a major, major release, don't know why they wouldn't order it.

You know a lot about the book ordering practices in Slovenia, do you?

31 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That's...odd. This is a major, major release, don't know why they wouldn't order it.

Because it does not sell that well apparently. :dunno: All I know is they still have hardbacks of Fool's Quest on the shelf ...

2 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That's terrible!  You're one of the biggest Hobb fans we have here.  It looks like there was an 11.5 month wait between hardback and mmpb for FQ.  I'm sure you'll be able to find somebody here that will be happy to discuss it with you then, if you choose to wait for the mmpb.  Look at how willing Maia was to discuss FQ with me, and I doubt you're the only one that will be waiting for the mmpb.  That still sucks though.

Oh, I would not call myself one of the biggest Hobb fans here at all. :lol: I do not remember half of the things everybody discusses on these threads, I have just read most of the books once. I just like them very much and want to read the new one too.

I do not want to buy a hardcover anyway. I hope they will order the big paperbacks when they are released, like I did with Fool's Quest. Or I can order one online if they do not have them soon.

I am most baffled right now that I was told they will be available only on the 9th worldwide - she checked on the same Internet we are posting on!

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You ought to take an impromptu trip somewhere just to go buy it :lol: Hopefully you have it before Helsinki but if not you'll probably be able to pick it up there.

Definitely came out the 4th here though. Wonder where they got that info?

I'll be interested in discussing it. I like hearing your thoughts on the series 

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think it was the same thing actually, but I thought it was Fool's Quest, and Fitz being outed as Fitz to the Court at Buckkeep?

Yes, that was it! Such a HUGE emotional moment and I felt totally cheated out of it.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I would not call myself one of the biggest Hobb fans here at all. :lol: I do not remember half of the things everybody discusses on these threads, I have just read most of the books once. I just like them very much and want to read the new one too.

I do not want to buy a hardcover anyway. I hope they will order the big paperbacks when they are released, like I did with Fool's Quest. Or I can order one online if they do not have them soon.

I am most baffled right now that I was told they will be available only on the 9th worldwide - she checked on the same Internet we are posting on!

You are one of the quickest and or most likely to comment whenever they are mentioned in the monthly reading threads.

Not a fan of ebooks?  I'm sure my download will show up in the evening on the 8th, and I'll start it promptly then.

Archived