On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

Jon/Arya is set up. You can talk that way about books...if you interpretate that in a romantic way. But not the show. Only Brother/sister bond. Unlike Jon/Sansa. There were no scenes between them. I'm not for this pair, but there might be a room to do something if they want to do it.

I know about The Falling. I just like their brother/sister bond or at least that's the way I see it, and romance would ruin it for me. They can go this way if it's truly GRRM ending pair (which I doubt) or they can change that.

I have written a whole post on why the lack of scenes between Sansa and Jon means nothing in terms of future romantic relationship.

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/135579688234/my-response-to-jon-x-sansa-theorists-who-think

I guess what you mean to say is that  you would not like it, or the audience would not like it if it is Jon/Arya. Maybe they would get grossed out.

Thats a fair point. But Grrm has rarely ever considered it and neither have Benioff & Weiss. Else we would not have seen the Sansa rape scene. Jaime Cersei Rape scene and so many other things. (In the books , Jeyne Poole was raped, the way Drogo treated Dany was gross  and there was Jaime / Cersei incest. In the outline Arya had a brother sister bond with Jon,yet there was incest )

Dont think anyone in the audience liked it. When the show runners did it. It grossed us out.

But that's what it is. As far as doing things that gross the audience out is concerned, the directors are masters.  I think the filmmakers have made it clear that they would be looking for the same ending as Grrm. And if it includes Arya-Jon, I see no way they can avoid it. As I mentioned in a previous comment with the directors' quotes, the whole Fake Arya=Sansa was a temporary thing to make use of a character the audience are invested in.

As Le Cygne pointed out, the main weakness of the show runners is that they never show the internal monologues. Which makes it really tough for us the audience to know how much Jon loves Arya and vice versa. Kit Harrington had this to say about how this was a problem with him and Ygritte-

No. The hard thing for me with this season – and I wrote to the writers about it early on – is that I wanted the audience to know he's been missing her. In the books he thinks about her constantly. It's there, written down, that he's thinking about Ygritte. In this he doesn't mention her once until the very beginning of this episode. The real challenge for me this season was showing the audience that he loves her without saying anything or talking about it. Which is kind of impossible, showing the audience the inner-workings of your head. So I had to find moments of that happening and I hope I did.

Jon/Arya is set up. You can talk that way about books...if you interpretate that in a romantic way. But not the show. Only Brother/sister bond. Unlike Jon/Sansa. There were no scenes between them. I'm not for this pair, but there might be a room to do something if they want to do it.

I know about The Falling. I just like their brother/sister bond or at least that's the way I see it, and romance would ruin it for me. They can go this way if it's truly GRRM ending pair (which I doubt) or they can change that.

It's not about making fun about Maisie(she's beautiful young lady and seems like a great person),but Kit and Emilia might be more pleasing pair to the audience and to D&D too. They can change that easily to their liking. Kit and Emilia have a great chemistry offscreen and it's very likely to be onscreen as well. Similiar to Jason and Emilia.

Drogon. You know that, parallels can serve that audience will see rising two heroes and achieving their destiny. Not really a signal for romance, but it will happen either way and there will be a lot of tears here.

Sorry, I see so much crap about Maisie that I get a little protective.

It would be great if Kit and Emilia have the onscreen chemistry as well but it doesn't always translate. I hope it does though because I imagine Jon and Dany are important to each other's futures.

I really think Jamie will have a powerful influence in Arya's life. There are some book hints that suggest that.

Yes, I agree. And I'd just like them to interact in any way possible.

If Jon and Sansa end up together Im going to laugh my ass off not because its weird (I find it much better than Ayra and Jon) But because if you think about it Jon looks like Ned (suppose to) and Sansa looks like Cat (suppose to), so Petyr would have lost cat twice to Ned :rofl: 

Come on think about it. Think long and hard about it.

Now laugh :lol:

It's not about making fun about Maisie(she's beautiful young lady and seems like a great person),but Kit and Emilia might be more pleasing pair to the audience and to D&D too. They can change that easily to their liking. Kit and Emilia have a great chemistry offscreen and it's very likely to be onscreen as well. Similiar to Jason and Emilia.

Drogon. You know that, parallels can serve that audience will see rising two heroes and achieving their destiny. Not really a signal for romance, but it will happen either way and there will be a lot of tears here.

i may agree with you if there was only parallels...but there was foreshadowings like  bride of fire and dany thinking about her lover she can't see his face that it keeps changing like mels vision about jon being wolf man again and again....the numerous referennce to the rhaegar lyanna and dany wishing to steel her away like rhaegae did with lyanna ...wanting a simple man simple life a family ...all the things that Jon wisheswishes too ..

I think this is more than enough to a possile Jon and dany thant say where nothing at all exists for Jon and sansa ...

Sorry, I see so much crap about Maisie that I get a little protective.

It would be great if Kit and Emilia have the onscreen chemistry as well but it doesn't always translate. I hope it does though because I imagine Jon and Dany are important to each other's futures.

Yes, I agree. And I'd just like them to interact in any way possible.

It's fine. ;) Maisie is actually one of my favorite from GOT cast along with Dinklage, Emilia, Lena just to name a few.

Either in romantic, familial or simply friendly way. Yeah, I hope their chemistry from behind cameras will shine onscreen aswell. I have full confidence in them.

I have written a whole post on why the lack of scenes between Sansa and Jon means nothing in terms of future romantic relationship.

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/135579688234/my-response-to-jon-x-sansa-theorists-who-think

I guess what you mean to say is that  you would not like it, or the audience would not like it if it is Jon/Arya. Maybe they would get grossed out.

Thats a fair point. But Grrm has rarely ever considered it and neither have Benioff & Weiss. Else we would not have seen the Sansa rape scene. Jaime Cersei Rape scene and so many other things. (In the books , Jeyne Poole was raped, the way Drogo treated Dany was gross  and there was Jaime / Cersei incest. In the outline Arya had a brother sister bond with Jon,yet there was incest )

Dont think anyone in the audience liked it. When the show runners did it. It grossed us out.

But that's what it is. As far as doing things that gross the audience out is concerned, the directors are masters.  I think the filmmakers have made it clear that they would be looking for the same ending as Grrm. And if it includes Arya-Jon, I see no way they can avoid it. As I mentioned in a previous comment with the directors' quotes, the whole Fake Arya=Sansa was a temporary thing to make use of a character the audience are invested in.

As Le Cygne pointed out, the main weakness of the show runners is that they never show the internal monologues. Which makes it really tough for us the audience to know how much Jon loves Arya and vice versa. Kit Harrington had this to say about how this was a problem with him and Ygritte-

I agree about it being tough to showcase Jon's feelings about Arya on the show. In general Jon's character is great in the books, because of his inner thoughts and it's really impossible to do that on the screen as well. Not an easy role to play for Kit and his character seemed kind of dull.

I meant it like Jon/Arya established brother/sister bond in that one scene. At least in my mind I interpretate their relationship to be deep brother/sister bond(not like Jaime/Cersei) not romantic, but others might see it differently and that's a fair point. Everyone has their opinion. Romantic relationship would ruin it for me, but it would be weird since Maisie is looking so young with Kit in his 30's. It might grossed out some of the audience. It's his little sister and they didin't want to see incest among the most popular family for audience. They associate incest with Lannisters with Jaime and Cersei and Targaryen mostly...although Starks did incest too in their history.

As far as I can tell some characters will have a different ending or at least different routes to the ending. I read some George's interview on this.  I can see them changing that(if it's GRRM idea) and so far they never hinted at anything more with them. She mentioned that her brother gave her the sword and needle scene in Braavos.

I asked my friend who is watching the show about Jon/Arya bond and he say same thing. Brother and sister and when I told him about GRRM's original outline...he was like well, they on the show didin't point out anything romantic about them and it's kinda true. So far we have no clues, hints or idea who Jon will be at the end or in the future in a romantic relationship. It's open.

So far we have no clues, hints or idea who Jon will be at the end or in the future in a romantic relationship. It's open.

I agree that we have no hints or clues about who Jon would be with in the show. But they are there in the books (especially regarding Dany and Arya).  

It is open. But thats because there is always the fear that Grrm would ditch what he has foreshadowed and would  change his mind and tell people , "You think you are smart! You have guessed Jon is a son of Rhaegar? Ok, now I would make him a son of Brandon. So go **ck yourself!"

I myself feel nervous about predicting the endgame because of this very reason.

But I look at some of his quotes, take a deep breath and think why would he go back on what he is saying? He has always said that fans feelings wont be a factor in what he writes.

And he said this

Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be. I knew what the principal deaths were gonna be, and when they were coming. That would be the closest thing

So why would he change fearing the feelings of fans?

As far as I can tell some characters will have a different ending or at least different routes to the ending.

I agree completely with this. They  have always said that they may take different routes to the same ending, right?

Killing Jorah instead of Connington fits into that.  But changing the endgame King or queen would not . That would be changing the ending and not only the path to reach that.

So if Jon and Arya are the endgame rulers in the book (which is subject to debate), then changing Arya with someone else  or Jon with someone else would in effect be changing the ending, not just the paths to reach that.

I agree that we have no hints or clues about who Jon would be with in the show. But they are there in the books (especially regarding Dany and Arya).  

It is open. But thats because there is always the fear that Grrm would ditch what he has foreshadowed and would  change his mind and tell people , "You think you are smart! You have guessed Jon is a son of Rhaegar? Ok, now I would make him a son of Brandon. So go **ck yourself!"

I myself feel nervous about predicting the endgame because of this very reason.

But I look at some of his quotes, take a deep breath and think why would he go back on what he is saying? He has always said that fans feelings wont be a factor in what he writes.

And he said this

So why would he change fearing the feelings of fans?

I agree completely with this. They  have always said that they may take different routes to the same ending, right?

Killing Jorah instead of Connington fits into that.  But changing the endgame King or queen would not . That would be changing the ending and not only the path to reach that.

So if Jon and Arya are the endgame rulers in the book (which is subject to debate), then changing Arya with someone else  or Jon with someone else would in effect be changing the ending, not just the paths to reach that.

GRRM talked about 14-15 main character and how some of them will have a bit different ending. Jon might not be the one and maybe the big five or six will have a same ending. I don't believe in Jon on the IT and as a ruler with anyone so there is that.

It's tough to say with George, because as he said show will influence his decisions he already made.

In the books you can make a case for Dany or Arya but in the show nothing so far. Nothing that indicates that they will be together. Parallels to me between especially Jon and Dany serve as to showcase two main characters, protagonists and heroes rising, learing from their mistakes, rulling and experince in this, to lead the people. Basically to prepare them for the final fight. If we base any romance on parallels then we can have a lot of pairings.

Drogon. Well, it's kinda strange that bride of fire and that stuff never made it to the show. We need to separate books from the show here. Dany being the child of three, betrayel, mounts or lovers. Nothing. If it's that significant to the endgame and story. D&D trimmed a lot of stuff that is irrelevant to the endgame and story in general. I would expect them to at least hint on this in a way, if they're supposed to be in a grand relationship.

No hints on the show, nothing. Nothing with Arya either and we can find stuff in the books too. They think about each other a lot...more than usually brother and sister would. They need to do some build up, because otherwise it would be out of nowhere and forced. Not good. Not to mention that Daario is still there and I guess he will make it to the Westeros with Daeny. Jorah is most likely to die with his greyscale. Maybe they will approach things in a different way. I doubt Dany and Jon will ever get a simple life or happily ever after. Taht goes against everything George's been trying to do.

In the books you can make a case for Dany or Arya but in the show nothing so far. Nothing that indicates that they will be together. Parallels to me between especially Jon and Dany serve as to showcase two main characters, protagonists and heroes rising, learing from their mistakes, rulling and experince in this, to lead the people. Basically to prepare them for the final fight. If we base any romance on parallels then we can have a lot of pairings.

This is certainly my take on their arcs in the books. Both of them have very parallel arcs in those last two books, about them learning the difficulties of ruling and possibly both deciding to go in another direction by the end. But I don't see that as being anything hinting at romance, in fact it would diminish it if it were.

And yes in the books there is a lot of connection between Jon and Arya, but again, my take on it has always been about that relationship encapsulating their longing for the past and simpler times and a connection to who they were, something they might be forgetting the further along their arc they are. It might also have something to do with their Warg abilities and the longing for the pack.. I dunno, just thinking out loud. Either way I've seen nothing to suggest romance or sexuality in that relationship, and I find it a bit creepy and bizarre when people suggest there is anything like that there. 

Either way I've seen nothing to suggest romance or sexuality in that relationship, and I find it a bit creepy and bizarre when people suggest there is anything like that there. 

I dont think anyone has claimed that uptil dance with dragons there is sexuality or romance in their relatIonship.

What most people speculate on is the possiblity of it later on, because of certain hints in the text . That suspicion was there among people even before the outline was released, but after it was released and people began searching for hints with more effort, that suspicion just increased.

Grrm has not exactly toned down the Jon/Arya relationship come dance with dragons. And there are still two books left, which is a similar situation to the outline when it was all probably in one book with two books left.

So mostly we would know whether Jon/Arya will happen come Winds of Winter.

Jon/Arya is almost certainly a certainty in the books. It's all pointing towards it. Arya just had to take a detour to become older, but since GRRM abandoned the 5 yr gap and said come what may ("If a twelve-year old has to conquer the world, then so be it") , I am guessing that we are still headed in this direction. GRRM is certainly building towards something. Arya is definitely going to play a part in the battle against the Others. Just like Dany, Jon, Tyrion and Bran. She and Jon will definitely meet. They are going to be changed by the experiences they have underwent, be almost physically unrecognizable. Arya already has an ugly duckling story going for her. Jon still likes warrior ladies.  Jon broke his oaths for her. Oaths he did not break to go save his father or brothers. Hell, one of the reasons for R+L=J in the original outline is for Arya and Jon to get together. If he is going to change Jon/Arya he may as well change R+L= J since all the hints for that was also only in the first book and he may have changed his mind later. GRRM does not care about how icky it is to readers or the Westermarck effect. His books are peppered with incest, one of his main protagonists is the product of incest and Jaime and Cersei are twins! Who grew up together.

Now, since thread is about what happens in the show, I think we may get Sansa/Jon. Most readers seem to think that Arya will end up dying and has no future but that Sansa is going to survive. Which I find to be baffling. Sansa seems to clearly be the expendable character of the lot, serving mainly as a narrator for the dealings in KL and the Vale. GRRM has not spend as much time on her growth and development as he has on Arya, Bran ,Jon, Dany and Tyrion. On the show, they can easily replace other characters with her and have been planning to do so since season 2. She has replaced Jeyne Poole, and from season 6 spoilers she will be taking on the role of other TWoW characters. Most importantly, I think the pink letter will still happen. We know we are getting a battle of the bastards at Winterfell and that Ramsay told Sansa about Jon. Ramsay will most likely think that Sansa is headed there, write a threatening letter to Jon about Stannis's defeat and demanding Sansa/Reek. Which leads to Jon marching on WF with the Wildlings. Which means that Sansa will replace Arya as the motive for Jon to attack WF. And that's negating the whole Jon-Arya buildup and story arc in ADwD.

Now as someone else mentioned, if Sansa and Jon start making goo-goo eyes at each other in episode 9/10, then we most probably are getting Sansa/Jon in the show. And it's going to confirm Jon/Arya in the books, since Sansa is replacing Arya there in the show. Show runners may think that Kit Harington/Sophie Turner is more palatable for a TV audience than Kit Harington/Maisie Williams. Anyways, I think we will know by the end of season 6. Jon/Sansa shippers are going to have some fun days anyway since the characters are going to meet. We will get some  tumblr gifsets and lots of dialogue and scenes twisted around to suggest a Jon/Sansa romance.

Jon/Arya is almost certainly a certainty in the books. It's all pointing towards it. Arya just had to take a detour to become older, but since GRRM abandoned the 5 yr gap and said come what may ("If a twelve-year old has to conquer the world, then so be it") , I am guessing that we are still headed in this direction. GRRM is certainly building towards something. Arya is definitely going to play a part in the battle against the Others. Just like Dany, Jon, Tyrion and Bran. She and Jon will definitely meet. They are going to be changed by the experiences they have underwent, be almost physically unrecognizable. Arya already has an ugly duckling story going for her. Jon still likes warrior ladies.  Jon broke his oaths for her. Oaths he did not break to go save his father or brothers. Hell, one of the reasons for R+L=J in the original outline is for Arya and Jon to get together. If he is going to change Jon/Arya he may as well change R+L= J since all the hints for that was also only in the first book and he may have changed his mind later. GRRM does not care about how icky it is to readers or the Westermarck effect. His books are peppered with incest, one of his main protagonists is the product of incest and Jaime and Cersei are twins! Who grew up together.

Now, since thread is about what happens in the show, I think we may get Sansa/Jon. Most readers seem to think that Arya will end up dying and has no future but that Sansa is going to survive. Which I find to be baffling. Sansa seems to clearly be the expendable character of the lot, serving mainly as a narrator for the dealings in KL and the Vale. GRRM has not spend as much time on her growth and development as he has on Arya, Bran ,Jon, Dany and Tyrion. On the show, they can easily replace other characters with her and have been planning to do so since season 2. She has replaced Jeyne Poole, and from season 6 spoilers she will be taking on the role of other TWoW characters. Most importantly, I think the pink letter will still happen. We know we are getting a battle of the bastards at Winterfell and that Ramsay told Sansa about Jon. Ramsay will most likely think that Sansa is headed there, write a threatening letter to Jon about Stannis's defeat and demanding Sansa/Reek. Which leads to Jon marching on WF with the Wildlings. Which means that Sansa will replace Arya as the motive for Jon to attack WF. And that's negating the whole Jon-Arya buildup and story arc in ADwD.

Now as someone else mentioned, if Sansa and Jon start making goo-goo eyes at each other in episode 9/10, then we most probably are getting Sansa/Jon in the show. And it's going to confirm Jon/Arya in the books, since Sansa is replacing Arya there in the show. Show runners may think that Kit Harington/Sophie Turner is more palatable for a TV audience than Kit Harington/Maisie Williams. Anyways, I think we will know by the end of season 6. Jon/Sansa shippers are going to have some fun days anyway since the characters are going to meet. We will get some  tumblr gifsets and lots of dialogue and scenes twisted around to suggest a Jon/Sansa romance.

At this stage Sansa has replaced Jeyne Poole, not Arya. We don't yet know what Jon's motivations are going to be in the show.

I believe that Farya would have made it into the show if it was going to affect Arya's storyline as in she wouldn't be able to reclaim her name whilst Jeyne was still alive. Obviously that isn't going to be a problem in the books, so they have skipped it in the show.

Also in the show, Jon can now leave the Nights watch because he has been 'stabbed to death' by his men. That's enough reason to break his oath. In the books he was making decisions about 'Arya' before he got stabbed. He was planning on breaking the oath to save 'Arya'. The show could have stabbed him in the first or second episode of Season 6 if they wanted to play it out the same way and make it about Sansa instead.

But they didn't, They chose to make it a cliffhanger over making it about Sansa. They chose to have poor Kit Harington dogged by everybody for 6 months over making it about Sansa.

I could be wrong of course. I've been plenty wrong before but you can't make it Jon/Arya in the books and Jon/Sansa in the show otherwise it completely changes the ending. And if Dave and Dan wanted to do their own ending, why are they even asking for George's?

The main romances in the show so far are Sam and Gilly, twincest, Dany and Drogo, Robb and Talisa, a eunuch and a servant and Jon Snuh and the 'you know nothing' girl. Which ones are still going? The non conventional or 'so called unpalatable' ones! I also like to point out that they continued with the 'twincest' due to its importance despite Lena and Nikolaj actually having anti-chemistry.

In the end, the biggest argument against Jon/Sansa is the shippers themselves. They have to twist Jon's character around so much just to make him fit into this 'ship in the first place. Then they have to pretend that Arya dies in the next book/season or becomes a faceless man or Jon rejects her etc etc etc. All things anyone who has followed this story knows isn't going to happen.

No letter on the show. Mance probably wrote the letter in the books, and he's long gone on the show. So many people know it wasn't Arya, including Mance (it's specifically noted he had seen Arya before). They used Olly to bring about Jon Snow's death. And now they will play out the story about Rickon as heir to Winterfell (in their own, special way...)

Of course there is some connection with Jon/Arya... but why does it have to be anything other than his sister. I think people are getting carried away by that entire concept. Your little sister doesn't go away for a few years and suddenly you get a boner when you see her again, she's always going to be your little sister. Thats even if you find out shes not actually your sister. I just don't see anything in the book that suggests any hint of romance there. 

And if there is no romance between Jon and Arya (ugh) then surely there is nothing between him and Sansa. 

A connection and a shared storyline doesn't mean people falling in love and having sex. 

Of course there is some connection with Jon/Arya... but why does it have to be anything other than his sister. I think people are getting carried away by that entire concept. Your little sister doesn't go away for a few years and suddenly you get a boner when you see her again, she's always going to be your little sister. Thats even if you find out shes not actually your sister. I just don't see anything in the book that suggests any hint of romance there. 

And if there is no romance between Jon and Arya (ugh) then surely there is nothing between him and Sansa. 

A connection and a shared storyline doesn't mean people falling in love and having sex. 

I think to see the connection between Jon/ Arya as a future incest relationship, it would depend on how much you trust Grrm in these matters. And how you would interpret some of his lines.

The reason Jon spared Ygritte was because he noticed that her hair was like Arya. This kind of Ygritte Arya comparison occurs many times in Jon's arc. But the one that really makes me suspect is-

Jon had never met anyone so stubborn, except maybe for his little sister Arya. Is she still my sister? he wondered. Was she ever?

Someone who does not suspect Grrm may find the line " Is she still my sister? he wondered. Was she ever?" line normal or only a hint to Targaryen parentage. But others may not.

She punched him. “That’s vile. Would you bed your sister?”

In response, Jon actually has the audacity to point out that "Craster weds his daughters" which gets him another well earned punch. It gives an insight on Jon's morals and that there is that Targaryen in him.

Then there is this line which connects Arya with his heart .

“I have no sister.” The words were knives. What do you know of my heart, priestess? What do you know of my sister?

But the real killer lines are in the initial chapters of game of thrones.

"I was afraid you were gone," she said, her breath catching in her throat. "They wouldn't let me out to say good-bye."

If I had not known they were brother-sister, I would have thought this was a line from a romance novel not too different from  Romeo and Juliet where Juliet is not being allowed to leave her house. 

She set it aside almost shyly and showered him with kisses.

Only Grrm can make a sister shy around her brother :huh:.

The scabbard was soft grey leather, supple as sin.

Grrm could have chosen so many descriptions but he choses supple as sin. What sin? Only killing or something more worse?

And whatever you do . . . "

Arya knew what was coming next. They said it together.

" . . . don't . . . tell . . . Sansa!"

If someone trusts Grrm, (s)he would think the line "Dont tell Sansa" carries significance only for that moment. But if someone does not trust him, (s)he would think  that just like "Stick it with the pointy end", the line "dont tell Sansa" also carries significance for a long long time. Secret trips to the bed?

There are so many other reasons people suspect , which is not limited to the high likelihood of Ghost and Nymeria mating.

The number of people who dont trust Grrm in matters such as incest has only increased after the outline. Therefore its highly likely that these people would interpret some of his lines in a different way from you.

I dont know why he targets incest so much? I dont buy the argument that it is only because incest was there in the middle ages. .

Grrm has said that  " A heart in conflict is the only thing worth writing about". So when you have two people in a  relationship such as incest which is frowned upon by gods and men, there heart may certainly be in conflict due to guilt. So that could be among the less creepy reasons for his choice.

GRRM talked about 14-15 main character and how some of them will have a bit different ending. Jon might not be the one and maybe the big five or six will have a same ending. I don't believe in Jon on the IT and as a ruler with anyone so there is that.

It's tough to say with George, because as he said show will influence his decisions he already made.

Drogon. Well, it's kinda strange that bride of fire and that stuff never made it to the show. We need to separate books from the show here. Dany being the child of three, betrayel, mounts or lovers. Nothing. If it's that significant to the endgame and story. D&D trimmed a lot of stuff that is irrelevant to the endgame and story in general. I would expect them to at least hint on this in a way, if they're supposed to be in a grand relationship.

No hints on the show, nothing. Nothing with Arya either and we can find stuff in the books too. They think about each other a lot...more than usually brother and sister would. They need to do some build up, because otherwise it would be out of nowhere and forced. Not good. Not to mention that Daario is still there and I guess he will make it to the Westeros with Daeny. Jorah is most likely to die with his greyscale. Maybe they will approach things in a different way. I doubt Dany and Jon will ever get a simple life or happily ever after. Taht goes against everything George's been trying to do.

its not strange at all ......the visions in the HOTU were spoilery and you can't show them on TV .....otherwise you would have been spoiled about red wedding yunkai and dothraki and Jon snow parentage .....this is only few I listed but you get the point .... Other than that the showrunners didn't focus on prophecies earlier similar to how they downplayed the story of tourney at HH AND toJ but now they seem to have adding it ..likewise they are TPTPWP to the story now with dany .....so they will make the point about it when it is required and not early in a vison ...  You are right we need to ssperate the books from show ....but not the way you said ...we need to understand that something worked in books will not work well in show and a good example of that is HOTU .....   They do their own versions in the show like HOTU and three flowers daario giving to dany ...whuch viewrs doesnt kow what it means and givds room for interpretation

I didn't say they will get simple life I said they both want a similar life ....what I find interesting is the parallels between them seems to be inverse kindof like yin and yang.  ...  I think you will find it interesting in that ....if I remembered correctle ser Creighton made a thread about that sun moon and parallels something like that ...you can find it here On the book sectioms

If Jon and Sansa end up together Im going to laugh my ass off not because its weird (I find it much better than Ayra and Jon) But because if you think about it Jon looks like Ned (suppose to) and Sansa looks like Cat (suppose to), so Petyr would have lost cat twice to Ned :rofl: 

Come on think about it. Think long and hard about it.

I did... And boy was it screw my mind. This look like something the show runners would do: have Sansa reunite with Jon, let them get marry cuz Sansa was in such horrible situations so let's give her a break, Littlefinger challenge Jon to a duel, Jon defeat with power of Cthulhu of Light, Sansa give Littlefinger mercy the same way how Cat spared him, Littleginer processing a heroic BSOD, and finally Jon decided to give him more mercy by sacrificing him to Cthulhu and that all that ends Littlefinger's scheme. Hey, it's the rule of symbolism, it something the show runners would want to go for ;)

I think to see the connection between Jon/ Arya as a future incest relationship, it would depend on how much you trust Grrm in these matters. And how you would interpret some of his lines.

The reason Jon spared Ygritte was because he noticed that her hair was like Arya. This kind of Ygritte Arya comparison occurs many times in Jon's arc. But the one that really makes me suspect is-

Someone who does not suspect Grrm may find the line " Is she still my sister? he wondered. Was she ever?" line normal or only a hint to Targaryen parentage. But others may not.

In response, Jon actually has the audacity to point out that "Craster weds his daughters" which gets him another well earned punch. It gives an insight on Jon's morals and that there is that Targaryen in him.

Then there is this line which connects Arya with his heart .

But the real killer lines are in the initial chapters of game of thrones.

If I had not known they were brother-sister, I would have thought this was a line from a romance novel not too different from  Romeo and Juliet where Juliet is not being allowed to leave her house. 

Only Grrm can make a sister shy around her brother :huh:.

Grrm could have chosen so many descriptions but he choses supple as sin. What sin? Only killing or something more worse?

If someone trusts Grrm, (s)he would think the line "Dont tell Sansa" carries significance only for that moment. But if someone does not trust him, (s)he would think  that just like "Stick it with the pointy end", the line "dont tell Sansa" also carries significance for a long long time. Secret trips to the bed?

There are so many other reasons people suspect , which is not limited to the high likelihood of Ghost and Nymeria mating.

The number of people who dont trust Grrm in matters such as incest has only increased after the outline. Therefore its highly likely that these people would interpret some of his lines in a different way from you.

I dont know why he targets incest so much? I dont buy the argument that it is only because incest was there in the middle ages. .

Grrm has said that  " A heart in conflict is the only thing worth writing about". So when you have two people in a  relationship such as incest which is frowned upon by gods and men, there heart may certainly be in conflict due to guilt. So that could be among the less creepy reasons for his choice.

I think you can go looking for these things and see what you want to see. For me all I'm seeing is hints at Jon being a Targ, his feelings for his sister as the one member of that family who he was really close to, and a bunch of feelings about his childhood and the life he's been forced into now. I'm not seeing anything more than that, but of course I wouldn't be surprised if things did go the way you suggest. If they did however I think it would be a pretty ridiculous turn of events. 

Sansa, once Ramsay is dead and IF the showrunners kill him off, will have many potential suitors. If Rickon dies as well, as is seems to be a given among most viewers predicting next season, Sansa will be the most sought after bride next to Dany. Jon, if revealed to be Targ is only one option. Her best option would be Robin Arryn, lord of the vale as they both have a claim, after Bran (MIA) to the Riverlands as well. She could mold him into her own and potentialy get rid of Littlefinger in the process but that would depend on Lord Royce surviving the upcoming battle and she getting to him before Littlefinger can stop her or kill him off in a "discrete" manner. As for the show, they will probably not let Sansa off that easy. My bets are now that she will be coerced into marrying Littlefinger and not happy about it. Him, delighted.

It still amazes me, Sansa and everyone knows that it was Roose that stabbed Robb through the heart at the Red Wedding but she and others, especially in the North, do not know that it was Littlefinger who put his dagger to  her father, Ned's throat and betrayed him with the Gold Cloaks to Cersie and Joff's favor.

It still amazes me, Sansa and everyone knows that it was Roose that stabbed Robb through the heart at the Red Wedding but she and others, especially in the North, do not know that it was Littlefinger who put his dagger to  her father, Ned's throat and betrayed him with the Gold Cloaks to Cersie and Joff's favor.

Sandor Clegane is among the few people who were witness to that act of Littlefinger. And we do know that some Septon would be bringing back a character we never expected to see.

As it is a Septon and not a red priest, the only character that seems likely is "The hound".

Archived