On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

I definitely see a strong link between Sansa and Sandor, but I don't think they're end up a couple or whatever.

I think he'll end up being her protector or some such. Bran had a prophetic vision that seemed to imply that in the first book, when he saw Sansa crying herself to sleep, with a figure in golden armor (Jaime, or Brienne?) on one side and the Hound on the other, with a giant made of stone (The Mountain) looming over all three of them.

I'm re-reading the books and I came to that section last night. It seems pretty obvious that two of the characters in Bran's vision were the Hound and the Mountain but I was puzzled by the golden armor character. Did Martin mean golden armor in a literal sense? Or golden in a figurative, good-guy, knight-in-shining armor sense? 

I'm re-reading the books and I came to that section last night. It seems pretty obvious that two of the characters in Bran's vision were the Hound and the Mountain but I was puzzled by the golden armor character. Did Martin mean golden armor in a literal sense? Or golden in a figurative, good-guy, knight-in-shining armor sense? 

Jamie, or Brienne maybe also Joffery.

You may want to read this: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1791

I lean towards LF myself.

Totally getting off topic. But the whole day is off topic, after Paris. No mood for forum fights.

Horrible what happened in Paris. Here in Czech Republic news are full of these horrible scenes and everything that happened there. It's problem for the whole EU, because this can happen anywhere here.

Horrible what happened in Paris. Here in Czech Republic news are full of these horrible scenes and everything that happened there. It's problem for the whole EU, because this can happen anywhere here.

quite a quandary for the EU to have open borders for free travel, yet how to protect from people who wish to do harm.

Jamie, or Brienne maybe also Joffery.

You may want to read this: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1791

I lean towards LF myself.

Thanks!

OT: The attacks in Paris and Beirut have not been far from my mind. My thoughts go out to everyone in the affected areas and yes, it could happen anywhere. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is at this point on the show, one of 2 likely routes, if she survives season 6 that is, that she will go. Jon or Littlefinger. The hound is a distant other possibility and hell, given the show, Ramsay the Great is not out of the woods. Show Sana and Book Sansa are two different persons. My bets on the show is Jon.

SanSan ftw!! 

No really, I'm pretty sure the writers have said that there's more in store for Sandor and Sansa. Plus Sandor brought her up a whole lot while traveling with Arya. 

There's no such set up for Jon and Sansa. At all. The prospect of Jon and Sansa occupying the same space does not equal J/S endgame. Hopefully they can form a better sibling relationship than they had before. 

SanSan ftw!! 

No really, I'm pretty sure the writers have said that there's more in store for Sandor and Sansa. Plus Sandor brought her up a whole lot while traveling with Arya. 

There's no such set up for Jon and Sansa. At all. The prospect of Jon and Sansa occupying the same space does not equal J/S endgame. Hopefully they can form a better sibling relationship than they had before. 

I think I showed Sansa and Sandor quotes upthread, but here's some more Jon and Arya:

Jon's dying words in the books (he died trying to save Arya, with whom he shares a deep connection):

Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger's hilt and wrenched it free. In the cold night air the wound was smoking. "Ghost," he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold ...

Jon's dying words on the show (after they swapped Sansa as fake Arya, they changed his story to be about Olly):

"Olly."

Also, after Sansa found out Jon was alive, they said hearing Bran and Rickon were alive made the difference.

SanSan ftw!! 

Yeah Jon and Sansa have pretty much no relationship on the show so far, it was even a bit strange when Sansa was told about Jon being at Castle Black, because it felt like he was a stranger to her to me. Either way I hope they don't force a relationship on them thats not organic feeling, and I certainly don't think there is much hope of romance there.. that would be awful. 

Yeah Jon and Sansa have pretty much no relationship on the show so far, it was even a bit strange when Sansa was told about Jon being at Castle Black, because it felt like he was a stranger to her to me. Either way I hope they don't force a relationship on them thats not organic feeling, and I certainly don't think there is much hope of romance there.. that would be awful. 

I think the point may be that they aren't close, therefore, they wouldn't necessarily see each other as close, which would make it more incest-like, even if they were only cousins. That said, I agree. I don't like this theory. 

I think the point may be that they aren't close, therefore, they wouldn't necessarily see each other as close, which would make it more incest-like, even if they were only cousins. That said, I agree. I don't like this theory. 

Then I guess using that point, she could have a romance with anyone she's not close to. Might as well drop someone into her story she's never met before. It would make more sense than never close for a lifetime, but close with someone else in both cases.

Archived