On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

It dawned on me that they left out the PL because they wanted that UnJon ( i call him like this because its assumed that the resurrection will take a toll to Jon's personality), to make that call.

[Spoiler] in the books Jon is stabbed after he decides to march to WF and take care of the Bolton[/spoiler]

I think this decision being taken by unjon will draw the line between the old Jon and the one that will come back from the death

I don't think so. From what we've seen in resurrected people is that when they come back, they more dedicated and focused on the goals they had before dying (ex: LSH searching for Sansa and Arya). So if they really wanted to do Jon/Sansa then Jon would have had some fear for Sansa and a desire to help her ( like in the books with Arya). But he didn't. Also I expect Jon will be less sentimental on his return, so I don't see him making any big decisions to help his family.

Do you really think that Jon, if he is dead as in physically DEAD and then gets resurrected, will have a normal life?
That he will love and have sex, with healthy babies and a happy wife? Death as small inconvenience?

I know this is fantasy. But Martin as author is not someone going for cheap plots. He writes in the tradition of Western moral, religious and first of all humanist philosophical thoughts. And death is something to be in awe of, to respect as last border, taking a life as the ultimate crime, taking your own life as ultimate decision. Death in our philosiophical tradition is the big unknown, the limit of human knowledge and I guess Martin will reflect that in his story. He will not simply negate the enormity of someone having been dead.

Meaning that someone who has definitely crossed that final border will not return, go on with life and be whole as human being.

Do you really think that Jon, if he is dead as in physically DEAD and then gets resurrected, will have a normal life?
That he will love and have sex, with healthy babies and a happy wife? Death as small inconvenience?

I know this is fantasy. But Martin as author is not someone going for cheap plots. He writes in the tradition of Western moral, religious and first of all humanist philosophical thoughts. And death is something to be in awe of, to respect as last border, taking a life as the ultimate crime, taking your own life as ultimate decision. Death in our philosiophical tradition is the big unknown, the limit of human knowledge and I guess Martin will reflect that in his story. He will not simply negate the enormity of someone having been dead.

Meaning that someone who has definitely crossed that final border will not return, go on with life and be whole as human being.

Well yeah, what you say makes perfect sense, but what if he really isn't death? (Books), there's a theory that states that he just fell into a coma, after all, he was wearing chainmail, I wouldn't discard this possibility

Well yeah, what you say makes perfect sense, but what if he really isn't death? (Books), there's a theory that states that he just fell into a coma, after all, he was wearing chainmail, I wouldn't discard this possibility

Admitted
If he gets saved before he is physically dead - no idea how - or if his body is physically kept alive while Jon wargs Ghost then he might be able to have a life after that.
But then his body or at least his personality - his soul, if people prefer the religious connotation - simply has not crossed the threshold.

But I tend to agree with JonSnowed:

Totally agree while I am sure Jon is pivotal to the end game it won't be a happilly ever after ending, more likely he decides not to take the Iron throne or goes to live in exile somewhere.

Jon and Arya creeps me out. I just think back to season 1 when Arya is just a little girl and Jon is giving her Needle. It seems more like their relationship is brother sister more than anything.

That was Martin's endgame. It doesn't matter if it disturbs if that's what the author wants to do. I could have done without the Red Wedding.

I find this topic interesting, but I feel it would still be odd, or at least that most viewers would see it that way.

In the show at least.

I'm only on the second book so if there's signs of this happening in the books I don't know.

Part of me thinks, that literally something miraculous would have to happen for Sansa to be attracted to Jon in that way, cause it seems even if they turned out to not be siblings, that it would still be hard to overlook the fact that they saw each other that way for like 13 years.

No, can't happen on the show, they are first cousins, it would be disgusting and unacceptable to a modern TV audience and impossible to watch, and Jon and Arya would have the same outcry as the Sansa rape so no chance. And as much as GRRM likes to think he is not influenced by  the show he bloody well is, and loves all the new fame, and now that he knows what he writes is being filmed for a worldwide audience he won't write anything in the books that a modern TV audience would find incestuous or paedophilic, hence all the kid's TV ages having to be bumped up a few years.

Everything points to LF marrying her in his meteoric rise to become King in the North. Once he is King, Sansa will probably discover his machinations and  kill him or conspire to kill him maybe with Jon, altho I think LF will go right to the very end and his death will be pivotal to defeating the WWs by which time he may well be the King of Westeros.

IDK. I just feel that it might go down like that. Either they wind up together or kill each other.

"A Song of Ice and Fire"

But if R + L = J is true then Jon is a patrilineal targaryen like Dany, so it would be fire and fire.

Whatever the case. I am only discussing the show, which, has had Jaime and Cersei (Larry and Carol) as a loving couple with a sad / sweet theme to some of their scenes. Rheagar, Viserys and Dany's parents were brother and sister. Aegon the Conqueror had married both of his sisters and both produced kings. Sansa and Jon are first cousins and were never close as brother and sister as he was a bastard and she was Cat 2.0 although she did not hate him, they were more like aquaintances. jon was more like Theon to an extent, a ward etc in Sansa's eyes. I think, if, if they find another love interest for Jon or Sansa it will be each other on the show. Books, totally different as the show is not casting atleast 2 guys I could see Sansa with atleast a little while. If you were a book only reader, the thought of her being Ramsay's wife would be obsurd so why not Jon on the show?

No, can't happen on the show, they are first cousins, it would be disgusting and unacceptable to a modern TV audience and impossible to watch, and Jon and Arya would have the same outcry as the Sansa rape so no chance. And as much as GRRM likes to think he is not influenced by  the show he bloody well is, and loves all the new fame, and now that he knows what he writes is being filmed for a worldwide audience he won't write anything in the books that a modern TV audience would find incestuous or paedophilic, hence all the kid's TV ages having to be bumped up a few years.

Everything points to LF marrying her in his meteoric rise to become King in the North. Once he is King, Sansa will probably discover his machinations and  kill him or conspire to kill him maybe with Jon, altho I think LF will go right to the very end and his death will be pivotal to defeating the WWs by which time he may well be the King of Westeros.

Cousin relationships are acceptable in Westeros. Also, when you look at the popularity of pairings such as Jaime/Cersei, Cesare/Lucrezia (the Borgias) you realise that incest pairings are not so unacceptable to a modern TV audience. There are worse things than a cousin relationship on this show.

However, I think there would be an outcry at Arya and Jon because they are beloved characters (who they end up with matters), there is a large age difference and they have a sibling relationship. Jon/Arya would definitely not work on the show without being gross.

Archived