Sasquan Worldcon Reports

My official trip report (sorry for the length, trying to show off my writing skills, and names withheld for legal purposes):

Tue - arrived, made it 15 feet out of the hotel before randomly encountering BwBers at a bar

Wed - registered, went to bars/parties (I think)

Thu - float, reading, bars/parties

Fri - went to a panel, bars/parties

Sat - went to 2 panels (yes a record), went to a bar, went to the hugos, went to a bar

Sun - check out, snuck out to the airport 

Despite all the smoke and the non-ideal con layout, this one was damn memorable. Had a wonderful time on the river, in both hotel bars, Irish pubs, and at breakfasts with whichever random person I spotted through the haze. The Hugos were the best I'd ever been to, our party was simple yet perfect, and George's party was fucking legendary. I fear we shall never see its equal.

I'm sitting at the airport gate here in Spokane with Blackfyre, waiting for our flight to Minneapolis. Poor guy is flying straight to work. Ahh, real life sucks.

Will do a con report when I get home and my brain is functioning. I do not do 3:30 am mornings very well.

I will mention that I roomed with Perianne, and she will be in charge of GoT panels at Balticon. Many of us have complained bitterly about the idiots (I don't think that is too strong a word, forgive me if I'm wrong) who have been on GoT panels, so if you are going to Balticon and believe you are knowledgeable about GoT, PM her and volunteer for a panel!

And I agree with Frisco's opinion of the Hugos. :)

Archived