There is a velociraptor in Braavos

slant

I'm not sure what the point of pointing this out is? Dinosaurs don't exist on Earth because they were wiped out in mass extinction events or certain species simply died out. If no such event wiped out the dinosaurs on Planetos than they're perfectly capable of still existing on Planetos. Same as realistically there's nothing stopping a dinosaur from existing today if they hadn't been wiped out. No extinction, no reason why they can't exist.

"Hear me. The ships of Braavos sail as far as the winds blow, to lands strange and wonderful, and when they return their captains fetch queer animals to the Sealord's menagerie. Such animals as you have never seen, striped horses, great spotted things with necks as long as stilts, hairy mouse-pigs as big as cows, stinging manticores, tigers that carry their cubs in a pouch, terrible walking lizards with scythes for claws. Syrio Forel has seen these things".

A Game of Thrones - Arya IV

"Hear me. The ships of Braavos sail as far as the winds blow, to lands strange and wonderful, and when they return their captains fetch queer animals to the Sealord's menagerie. Such animals as you have never seen, striped horses, great spotted things with necks as long as stilts, hairy mouse-pigs as big as cows, stinging manticores, tigers that carry their cubs in a pouch, terrible walking lizards with scythes for claws. Syrio Forel has seen these things".

A Game of Thrones - Arya IV

Interesting. What I suppose he means is an ostrich. I can identify both zebras, giraffes, and hippopotamuses from that quote.

And, as science would have it, birds are dinosaurs. 

Interesting. What I suppose he means is an ostrich. I can identify both zebras, giraffes, and hippopotamuses from that quote.

And, as science would have it, birds are dinosaurs. 

I doubt Syrio has enough scientific knowledge to see a Velociraptor and say "btw, it's a bird!". Whatever he saw, it's something that looks like a lizard: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150420213742/jurassicpark/images/1/12/Velociraptor-detail-header.png

That, of the Sealord is a Pokemon Master and he has a Scyther.

Archived